What's new

YOU KNOW YOU HAVE COLLECTED COINS FOR ALONG TIME...

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2013
Messages
9,947
Reaction score
19,963
Golden Thread
3
Location
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
When in everyday life, when a year long ago is mentioned, you automatically correlate said year to what spaces are in your blue Whitman Penny books. Early teens...a lot of empty spaces top left side. Prohibition and Babe Ruth, roaring 20's .. That is a solid middle page, a couple of spaces.. The great Depression, Dust Bowl years that pesky 31-S top right corner. WW2 is book 2, w/ 3 shineys (or dull greys) amidst a solid page of copper....whatever year comes up in Jeopardy, I picture exactly what row that penny is in the book...does this happen to you?
 
hahaha not me i have em all full already lol.
 
Ha! Most probably don't even know what those Whitman books are!
 
Unfortunatly it does not, I have stacksand stacks of them missing this one or that one that have been in my safe for 30+ years. I should have a go at them but can't even begin to remember whats in there and what's missing now. Someday I will take a look but life just still getting in the way....sad but true...:dontknow:

Got a big jar of coin finds that I am sure will plug some holes though...:icon_scratch:
 
yeah some of mine are pretty beat i may need to start over after looking at them.
 
Only one I need is the svdb... I need to buy a raw one cuz I would be to tempted to bust open a slab. my 31s is also likely a fake. got it as a kid, remember it was real cheap, then over time, took a closer look, and realized it is not what it seems.. too ashamed/shy too have it looked at by a pro, out of sight, out of mind....for now.
 
Yeah, I have had my penny collection since I was a kid. Every time I find an older wheatie, I drag out the first book hoping to fill one of the empty slots.
 
Dude, I have 5lb coffee cans full of clad coins that thieves DIDN'T take!
 
I only need one more indian head penny to complete my collection, but it is the 1877 expensive one. I have the 1908S and 1909S, which are the other two tough ones.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom