You Know Your Doing It When You Fill Your Pouch!

timekiller

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2009
Morehead City / Newport NC
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep filled. :wink: Started off today with a plan for hitting a site that I've been waiting for the right tide well it was today.The morning got started after I launched the boat & headed out & there was a man & son on a sail boat blowed up on the shoal so I pulled & pulled for 40 mins or so tell I finaly got him off. :thumbsup: (Good Deed) So it was on to the site then,(bye the way I'd like to take some of you on here for one of my days like this to see what is truely envolved when finding this stuff.) :laughing7: You'd think I was crazy as Hell blowing 40knts. going detecting. :D I guess you have to be a little. :wink: But all of the finds came from this one site.Indian,Colonial buttons 1600's,1700's,1800's,Buckle frags(& the tinyest one I've ever seen,musket shot,musket flint(never found a black piece before,colonial pipes,indian pipes,a whole array of teeth,etc.
Take Care,
Pete, :hello:

Attachments

• IMG_1300.JPG
    IMG_1300.JPG
    109.6 KB · Views: 1,584
  • IMG_1312.JPG
    IMG_1312.JPG
    64.3 KB · Views: 1,540
  • IMG_1311.JPG
    IMG_1311.JPG
    90.6 KB · Views: 1,541
  • IMG_1310.JPG
    IMG_1310.JPG
    88.7 KB · Views: 1,545
  • IMG_1309.JPG
    IMG_1309.JPG
    80.3 KB · Views: 1,550
  • IMG_1308.JPG
    IMG_1308.JPG
    65.4 KB · Views: 1,551
  • IMG_1301.JPG
    IMG_1301.JPG
    98 KB · Views: 1,585
  • IMG_1303.JPG
    IMG_1303.JPG
    125.4 KB · Views: 1,583
  • IMG_1304.JPG
    IMG_1304.JPG
    77.2 KB · Views: 1,583
  • IMG_1305.JPG
    IMG_1305.JPG
    104 KB · Views: 1,583
  • IMG_1306.JPG
    IMG_1306.JPG
    91.6 KB · Views: 1,573
  • IMG_1307.JPG
    IMG_1307.JPG
    87.4 KB · Views: 1,561
Upvote 0
More :thumbsup:

Attachments

• IMG_1318.JPG
    IMG_1318.JPG
    94.7 KB · Views: 1,499
  • IMG_1317.JPG
    IMG_1317.JPG
    79.1 KB · Views: 1,511
  • IMG_1316.JPG
    IMG_1316.JPG
    83.9 KB · Views: 1,500
  • IMG_1315.JPG
    IMG_1315.JPG
    76.7 KB · Views: 1,508
  • IMG_1325.JPG
    IMG_1325.JPG
    79.9 KB · Views: 1,446
  • IMG_1324.JPG
    IMG_1324.JPG
    112.2 KB · Views: 1,451
  • IMG_1323.JPG
    IMG_1323.JPG
    112.8 KB · Views: 1,456
  • IMG_1322.JPG
    IMG_1322.JPG
    63.3 KB · Views: 1,458
  • IMG_1321.JPG
    IMG_1321.JPG
    68.5 KB · Views: 1,475
  • IMG_1320.JPG
    IMG_1320.JPG
    103.4 KB · Views: 1,470
  • IMG_1319.JPG
    IMG_1319.JPG
    98.8 KB · Views: 1,475
Way nice Buckle :o
You know you're on the right track when you dig buttons & slag like that.
sweet OLD site :wink:
Great show :thumbsup:

Killer post Timekiller ! Alot to look at and take in ! Good things happen to good people and with the karma from the grounded sailboat and the fact that you evidently do not wait for things to happen. You make them happen. Well...... then we have outcomes like these finds ! :icon_sunny: As you can tell I really enjoyed you post ! MaineRelic

I come on over to Tnet every night to hopefully view some Colonial threads. :headbang: I can always count on Pete. :headbang: Great finds as usual!

Kirk :headbang: :hello:

steelheadwill said:
Way nice Buckle :o
You know you're on the right track when you dig buttons & slag like that.
sweet OLD site :wink:
Great show :thumbsup:
Thanks steelheadwill,
Yea it's been a waiting game for awhile as it takes strong winds to get the tide down enough for this place. :thumbsup:
Take Care,
MaineRelic said:
Killer post Timekiller ! Alot to look at and take in ! Good things happen to good people and with the karma from the grounded sailboat and the fact that you evidently do not wait for things to happen. You make them happen. Well...... then we have outcomes like these finds ! :icon_sunny: As you can tell I really enjoyed you post ! MaineRelic
Thanks for the kind words MainRelic, :thumbsup:
I was hopeing something would be found. Not in me to just go by somebody in stress,he was in a bad way & nobody else crazy enough to be out today. :D
Take Care,
Kirk PA said:
I come on over to Tnet every night to hopefully view some Colonial threads. :headbang: I can always count on Pete. :headbang: Great finds as usual!

Kirk :headbang: :hello:
Thanks Kirk,
Always somebody on here with finds to look at. :thumbsup:
Take Care,
Best of Luck to You & the team next Hunt! :headbang:

Great finds Pete.

I have a location only accessible by boat. I can use my canoe as the Grady White has been dead for years now. Don't find anything there really (expect modern stuff, heavy boat/sun bather traffic there on the summer weekends) but the solitude is great.

:icon_thumleft:

Pete,
I'll come down, pull up a lawn chair, tip a few cold ones and watch you find relics. ;D
OUTSTANDING what you find.
Congrats,
Doug

TimeKiller...if you're doing 40 knts to get to the site, I'd say "can you go any faster" lol. They tease me all the time about bailing out of the vehicle before coming to a hault when we get to the site. And by your finds :thumbsup: :thumbsup: its no wonder why your anxious. Thanks for sharing such a great story, kudos for your good deed. HH

Timekiller,

That must of been one hell of a boat ride with it blowing 40knts, not too mention metal detecting in that kind of weather. I like your sense of adventure. It sounds like a good time and quite a memorable dig, I am sure. Incredible finds indeed! Were you eyeballing your non-metallic artifacts or were you using a sifting box? Which detector did you use?

Cool stuff! Thanks for the post!

HH,
Sneaky6

ModernMiner said:
Pete,
I'll come down, pull up a lawn chair, tip a few cold ones and watch you find relics. ;D
OUTSTANDING what you find.
Congrats,
Doug
Thanks Doug,
Tell you what were in the process of buying a home,going to make a offer this week.If all goes well & we get it I think it be cool for you to come down sometime.(kinda cramped in this appartment here).But the house will have plenty of room. :thumbsup: But if you come we share the drinks & digs. :wink: No sitting in a chair today you'd need a rain coat just from sea spray. :laughing7:
Take Care,
Charlene said:
TimeKiller...if you're doing 40 knts to get to the site, I'd say "can you go any faster" lol. They tease me all the time about bailing out of the vehicle before coming to a hault when we get to the site. And by your finds :thumbsup: :thumbsup: its no wonder why your anxious. Thanks for sharing such a great story, kudos for your good deed. HH
Thanks Charlene,
The winds were blowing 40knts :wink: Boat runs maybe close to 40mph with just me in it.But not today for sure would had went air born & the water is still chilly. :laughing7:
Take Care,
sneaky6 said:
Timekiller,

That must of been one hell of a boat ride with it blowing 40knts, not too mention metal detecting in that kind of weather. I like your sense of adventure. It sounds like a good time and quite a memorable dig, I am sure. Incredible finds indeed! Were you eyeballing your non-metallic artifacts or were you using a sifting box? Which detector did you use?

HH,
Sneaky6
Thanks Sneaky6,
It was one of those butt cheeks tight at times ride.Yes the wind was blowing so hard I quit trying to pin point objects the detector just blowed all around. :D Yes eyeballing other non metal finds this place is deep in indian artifacts as well pottery shards everywhere just pick up a few to show whats was at the site.The teeth are coming from the indian shell bed itself,you could dig bones as well there all day stuff they were eating.
Take Care,

sneaky6 said:
Timekiller,

HH,
Sneaky6
Forgot to mention the explorer. :wink: Sold the GTI awhile back need to take it off my avatar. :thumbsup:

BobinSouthVA said:
Great finds Pete.

I have a location only accessible by boat. I can use my canoe as the Grady White has been dead for years now. Don't find anything there really (expect modern stuff, heavy boat/sun bather traffic there on the summer weekends) but the solitude is great.

:icon_thumleft:
Thanks Bob,
Over looked your post.Yes I like the fact of being all alone without a care in the world as long as things go smooth not so much fun if something goes bad and this far from people. :-\
Take Care,

sscindercoop said:
Awesome finds :icon_thumleft:
Thanks sscindercoop,
Take Care,
Baldingboy said:
Awesome finds. Thanks for sharing all the pics. They were really interesting.
Thanks Baldingboy,
Take Care,

Been trying to figure this Hook item out :icon_scratch:
Maybe a sword hook mount I'm leaning towards.Kinda like this one.(17th century)

Attachments

• 99Hooked_Tag2[1].jpg
    99Hooked_Tag2[1].jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 828
  • 99Hooked_Tag[1].jpg
    99Hooked_Tag[1].jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 824
  • IMG_1326.JPG
    IMG_1326.JPG
    75.5 KB · Views: 846
  • IMG_1327.JPG
    IMG_1327.JPG
    69.2 KB · Views: 835
  • IMG_1328.JPG
    IMG_1328.JPG
    70.3 KB · Views: 839
Nice old finds.

Something really good is gonna pop up there soon.

Jer

The spot your hunting is a killer. Looks like you will be hunting that spot for some time to come. Nice relics, the holly grail has to be there somewhere.... Arty

JerV3 said:
Nice old finds.

Something really good is gonna pop up there soon.

Jer
Thanks Jeremy,
Mabe Jeremy, :dontknow: that's the fun of it. :thumbsup:
Take Care
& best to your Family Hope things go well.
liftloop said:
Thanks liftloop,
Take care,
artyfacts said:
The spot your hunting is a killer. Looks like you will be hunting that spot for some time to come. Nice relics, the holly grail has to be there somewhere.... Arty
Thanks Arty,
I'd settle for some of those silvers you've been popping. :wink: :D
Take Care,

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back