You never know what you'll be able to grab, but be ready for anything!

Tommybuckets

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2015
Bodymore, Metalland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal, Safari, Garrett infinium, Whites prizm 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was at a bay beach spot detecting and two women were on the shoreline. I have my back to them and I'm out in the first trough detecting knee deep. I hear the one lady say " Wow, thats a huge fish!" The other lady says " Could it be a shark!"
I am positive they are trying to punk me. I am not going to fall for it but they keep carrying on. I glance over my shoulder and see a fin cutting through the water straight behind me. Often when you are disturbing the bottom digging all manner of fish come to enjoy the delicious crustaceans and worms you've dug up for them. This just happened to be the biggest one I've seen. Talk about " bottom feeding" lol. The fish and I both startle one another as I spin around. He breaks left and I splash the detector head in front of him. He starts right and I slap the scoop into the water. He turns and runs and I run him right up onto the beach on a breaking wave and grab him by the lip.
" Do you have a camera" I ask the women. Their mouths are agape. They are as surprised as I am but I maintain my composure. " I left mine in the car."
The woman snaps the photo you see here and I ask her to send it to me or no one would believe this tall tale. Technology is so cool.
" Anybody hungry?" I ask. The women are hysterical.
" I forgot my permit,.. Didn't know I'd be catching them today" I say as I turn and let the fish slip back into the sea. It takes off like a shot. Lucky day for him. I caught two rings, stainless and old encrusted silver.
Aside from the story you can see some good water gear here as well as a rare Tommy buckets photo sighting.
Top down-
broad brimmed hat for sun protection with snaps to allow headphone use.
Cheap sunglasses you found with a strap so you don't lose them or don't care when the ocean reclaims or scratches them.
Goofy smile so everyone knows your not too serious or threatening.
Waterproof headphones.
Old white shirt to prevent sunburn and keep you cool. Sunscreen. Bug spray.
Equinox 600 with bike inner tube as a strap for hands free use in the water.
The scoop also has an inner tube strap but its laying in the water. It bothers me that people buy harnesses. Why not make harnesses.
Pouch with semi secure zipper.
Pinpointer and digger on pouch strap with cords to prevent loss.
Some seaweed, just because...
Thanks for looking and best of luck,
Tom P

Upvote 0
OP
OP
T

Tommybuckets

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2015
Bodymore, Metalland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal, Safari, Garrett infinium, Whites prizm 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMG_20200520_122458_01.jpg

Coinboy

Dec 4, 2019
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Nokta Makro Simplex, pulsedive, Garrett Ace 200, Nokta pinpointer, Brute Magnetics 888 pound Fishing Magnet
Predatortools
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow cool story!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread