What's new

You never know what your going to find

maddog67

Tenderfoot
Joined
May 9, 2013
Messages
5
Reaction score
4
Golden Thread
0
Location
Asia
Primary Interest:
Other
We where out gold panning in the Philippine mountains 60 miles from the coast and there is so much of this up there I picked up a few because in the USA we not see much of this where I am from. Not really sure if I would call them Fossils but sea shells in the mountains how they get there. And we found Japanese markings I think. But to me the real treasure is the place itself it is so beautiful up here had to post a few ex. pics. of where we found this at Hope you like it P1100057.webpP1100058.webpP1100279.webpP1100280.webpP1100281.webpP1100282.webpP1100283.webpP1100284.webpP1100285.webpP1100286.webpP1100287.webpP1100214.webpP1100218.webpP1100221.webpP1100222.webpP1100049.webpP1100050.webpP1100055.webpP1100089.webpP1100101.webpP1100102.webpP1100103.webpP1100107.webpP1100109.webpP1100112.webpP1100116.webpP1100119.webpP1100125.webpP1100130.webpP1100133.webpP1100134.webpP1100139.webpP1100153.webpP1100154.webpP1100156.webpP1100159.webpP1100160.webpP1100176.webpP1100179.webpP1100180.webp
 
nice Fossils & pics ! thanks for showing them :thumbsup:
 
Beautiful there, so did you get any color, how are the locals, they don't mind you digging? i'm in Subic Olongapo area, would like to find a place to do some panning over here. From Arizona originally. thanks maddog
 
No not no color here where I am at so far. This is behind my house here just go out to have fun. But down east of San Franz there is color and a lot down at Tugam The locals are OK here there are a few so called Rebels around and older NPA groups behind us in the Mountains around Mt.Olive and Mt. Carmel not far maybe a 2 hr hike from me. But never had any problems with them here I even hike up the large creek A few miles by myself sometimes and always feel safe here but always on guard I am from the US "Arkansas" but spent half my time in Sri Lanka as a child south of Colombo a lot of nice gems there in Ratnapura LOL by the way have you tried the wooden gold pans here the shells are setting in what I pan with a lot different from the pans back home
 
thanks for the time to look at them
 
metal_detector_vpnavy.gif
Nice finds maddog67! Say, deployed to PI in the 60's - what part of PI are the pictures?
 
vpnavy these are right out side Bayugan on Mindanao Island and the best part is it takes me about 45 min. to 1hr to hike there and you only see the farmers sometimes out and the locals spend little time here at the falls so it stays untouched really nice place In the one Pic of the waterfalls from afar you can see what they tell me is a walk in cave in the upper right hand in the falls but they want me to climb down holding on to vines and roots then tell me about how some has died climbing up and down the falls. I am not that crazy looking for some good rappelling equipment now it would come in handy here in the Mountains anyway. Have you been back here in the PI after your Military service
 
metal_detector_vpnavy.gif
Got ya. Deployed to Sangley Point, PI (Cavite) across from Manila.
 
Reminds me of that one scene in the movie "Bridge Over The River Kwai!"
 
This reminds me of South Korea and driving down middle of North Han river in a 1 and1/4 ton truck with "Supply" Sgt. and beer on weekends with North Koreans watching us! HH Boris
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom