You Wont Believe This....

FunWithTreasure

Oct 12, 2008
....It happened to me and I dont believe it. I went to the Ghetto today to hit a few banks for halves. The first bank I walked into she said I have one. I say I will take it. She hands me a 40%er. But when she opens her draw I see alittle place in it with other coins. I saw a few Canadians and such. I said whats in there she says to me O thats just junk money. I said can I see. She says sure and dumps it onto the counter for me. What happened next was just crazy. I see The Half And Dime..I scarf them up and say can Ihave some of this stuff..She says sure that is old money that isnt really any good anymore? I am dieing inside. I start looking through the rest and found what I think is a penny with nothing on it.. The half is a CC.. I know alot of people are going to say ya right but I dont care. I still dont fully believe it..I say to her these are neat and she "says you would be suprised what the poorer people around here bring in"...I will definitly go back in the future..She was a very nice young lady.. This is a awsome way to spend $1.11

Attachments

• Front.jpg
    Front.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 1,645
  • Rear.jpg
    Rear.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 1,640
  • Front.jpg
    Front.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 1,660
  • Rear.jpg
    Rear.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 1,647
Upvote 0
FunWithTreasure said:
....It happened to me and I dont believe it. I went to the Ghetto today to hit a few banks for halves. The first bank I walked into she said I have one. I say I will take it. She hands me a 40%er. But when she opens her draw I see alittle place in it with other coins. I saw a few Canadians and such. I said whats in there she says to me O thats just junk money. I said can I see. She says sure and dumps it onto the counter for me. What happened next was just crazy. I see The Half And Dime..I scarf them up and say can Ihave some of this stuff..She says sure that is old money that isnt really any good anymore? I am dieing inside. I start looking through the rest and found what I think is a penny with nothing on it.. The half is a CC.. I know alot of people are going to say ya right but I dont care. I still dont fully believe it..I say to her these are neat and she "says you would be suprised what the poorer people around here bring in"...I will definitly go back in the future..She was a very nice young lady.. This is a awsome way to spend $1.11

Last time I asked a cute little teller if I could look in her drawers, she slapped the daylights out of me! :icon_pirat: :tongue3: Looks like you scored there!

Awesome !! (LOL at Creskol) :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

That is an amazing find. It's a good thing you asked about those foreign coins.

And yes, I do believe it. I have a friend that works in a retail store cash office and he hooks me up with all kinds of goodies. He's come back with Barbers, indians, standing liberties, and a few gold and silver certificates over the years. But nothing as sweet as your find yet.

Nebstater .. are you superstitious? Be careful tonight

nebstater said:
You are one lucky dog. WTG :thumbsup:

Sorry ,, the devil made me do it! ;D

Attachments

• Picture 11.jpg
    Picture 11.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 1,528
Thats awesome! That lady is very nice! You should not teach her the way of the "coins!" ;D :thumbsup: Then she will be pulling those coins out from underneath you. :( Which wouldn't be good.

oh my god, where is this bank , i 'd like to make a withdrawal in old money lol...
:thumbsup:
great finds

ml hudson

W O W Nice find.................I Wonder if you should post this in the CHR forum as well

That is an incredible story! Congrats on your fantastic luck.

I used to be a teller. I'm not in that line of business anymore. Believe me. There are some folks that just don't care about what they are "turning in" for cash. I've even tried to tell some that they needed to take their coins to someone who might be able to tell them if they're worth hanging on to or what not...that they may be worth a little something. Some were appreciative for the suggestion, and some told me that they just wanted "face" value for them. I was told by the bank to "mutilate" or toss out coin that wouldn't go through the currency counter! I rescued several. You wouldn't believe how much actually gets thrown out!!! I have a really interesting collection. I managed to collect quite a bit of foreign coins as well as American. Some may frown on my "collecting" them. I would love to share pics of the coins I have, but I'm afraid of the comments that might be made. I have no plans to profit from them either. I just enjoy the history behind them and can appreciate them for such. Good for you for asking the teller about those coins. I never saw any come across my window like those...you're really lucky!!! :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back