20230715_192757.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 57

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry, there are no signs in pictures that rock was shaped by or used by man.

UnderMiner

Silver Member
Jul 27, 2014
New York City
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's definitely millions of years old to say the least. I bet somebody would pay money for a million+ year old stone, heck people buy digital images of monkeys for tens of thousands of dollars and they don't even get the satisfaction of holding their purchase.

OP
OP
Jusfieldreem2

Jusfieldreem2

Jul 6, 2023
Pa.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's definitely millions of years old to say the least. I bet somebody would pay money for a million+ year old stone, heck people buy digital images of monkeys for tens of thousands of dollars and they don't even get the satisfaction of holding their purchase.
That is a true statement, I believe it's definitely very old. Thanks! I like your quote "outlandish delusion".

Last edited:

fishstick

Silver Member
Oct 28, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5, T2SE, F2 for the boys, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have to ask, where are you getting the ideas from about the rocks you are finding? Don't get me wrong, when all of us started out we thgt everything we found was something and sometimes still do but know what signs to look for now.

OP
OP
Jusfieldreem2

Jusfieldreem2

Jul 6, 2023
Pa.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have to ask, where are you getting the ideas from about the rocks you are finding? Detcon't get me wrong, when all of us started out we thgt everything we found was something and sometimes still do but know what signs to look for now.
Often times newly seen artifacts don't fit the norm which shouldn't be relegated. Uniqueness abound.

UnderMiner

Silver Member
Jul 27, 2014
New York City
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a true statement, I believe it's definitely very old. Thanks! I like your quote "outlandish delusion".
Yeah, funny thing about that quote is when I was a little kid I use to think litterally everything was treasure - even things that weren't. Like I couldn't tell the difference between gold-plated from gold, or even brass from gold, so I would litterally just collect everything imagining it all to be real.

One day, long after becoming an adult, I uncovered the large crate of random 'treasures' I had collected as a kid a decade and a half earlier, and I realized that 99% of what I had collected was junk. But the funny thing was, as I looked through the collection, I discovered mixed in with the junk several pieces of genuine treasure, and one of those peices was so rare and so valuable that to this day I have never found anything rarer or more historically significant than that one item.

So I guess the moral of the story is random chance favors the perseverant.

OP
OP
Jusfieldreem2

Jusfieldreem2

Jul 6, 2023
Pa.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, funny thing about that quote is when I was a little kid I use to think litterally everything was treasure - even things that weren't. Like I couldn't tell the difference between gold-plated from gold, or even brass from gold, so I would litterally just collect everything imagining it all to be real.

One day, long after becoming an adult, I uncovered the large crate of random 'treasures' I had collected as a kid a decade and a half earlier, and I realized that 99% of what I hadD collected was junk. But the funny thing was, as I looked through the collection, I discovered mixed in with the junk several pieces of genuine treasure, and one of those peices was so rare and so valuable that to this day I have never found anything rarer or more historically significant than that one item.

So I guess the moral of the story is random chance favors the perseverant.
Appreciate what you wrote. Heads up Lake George NY still has plenty of prospects left, hags!

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm not seeing a digging tool of any kind, but rather an effigy of a garden gnome or Santa Claus.
Screenshot 2023-07-27 at 6.50.41 AM.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread