your guess is as good as mine

M

mickey

pictured are 3 hardstone pieces that i found on the same site. i did not think much of the 1st one i found. i did not even record it as an artifact. i did not think much of the 2nd one i found. i thought it was only coincidence that it was the exact same size as the first one. when i found the 3rd one, i began to wonder a little. it was the exact same size as the 1st and 2nd pieces. all three were made of hardstone and do not really show any sign of workmanship. they all seem a little waterworn. maybe it's just me, but i am going to be keeping my eyes open on this site and future sites for pieces like these. i am not implying that they are artifacts, and i have never read anything in any book about anything even close to pieces like these being used for possible "game pieces". i would like to know if anyone out there may have found similar stones on their sites. i have been collecting for over 20 years, and i know an artifact when i see one, but these pieces have me stumped. any thoughts? ps., the sizes of the pieces are 4 1/2cm high, 3 1/2cm wide, and 1 1/2cm thick.

Attachments

• hardstone pieces.jpg
    hardstone pieces.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 537
Upvote 0

Th3rty7

Silver Member
Jan 24, 2009
»»--------->
just creek tumbled and rounded rocks imo, if they showed usewear or ginding striations I'd think they were hammersones or preforms.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
any way they could be fossils ? I mean the size is right for snake/reptile.. Beats me lots of cool rocks it seems in the artifact section :icon_study:
TnMtns

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread