What's new

Your Oldest Coin Roll Find

Silvergold

Greenie
Joined
May 25, 2009
Messages
14
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Was just wondering what everyones oldest coin roll find has been? I have hunted rolls over the years and for the pennies, My oldest was an 1875 Indian Cent.(found back in 1990) 2nd oldest was a 1905. As far as nickels, oldest was a 1929 Buffalo and others had no dates. Should start on dimes, quarters and halves for the silver. Happy CRHing
Silvergold
 
Upvote 0
2 1893 Columbiuan Exposition Commemorative halves. the second one I got looks like it was put through a thresher.
 
my oldest coin find was last year.....i found an 1807 english penny.....she looked every bit of her 202 years old
 

Attachments

  • DSCF4527.webp
    DSCF4527.webp
    94.1 KB · Views: 521
  • DSCF4528.webp
    DSCF4528.webp
    98.5 KB · Views: 505
  • DSCF4527.webp
    DSCF4527.webp
    94.1 KB · Views: 509
  • DSCF4528.webp
    DSCF4528.webp
    98.5 KB · Views: 500
I got a 1/8th real from mexico in a roll of wheats. Date 1857. My bank had saved a bunch of rolls for me.
 

Attachments

  • jalisco.webp
    jalisco.webp
    19.9 KB · Views: 430
I have found an 1812 LC and an 1824/22 LC
in Kennedy rolls.
The 1812 is a bit better than AG and won't quite go G,
the 24 over 22 is a solid VG and is quite nice in details.

The last couple weeks have been good to me.
Love that early copper.

I will bookmark this and get pix asap.
Thom
 
Old Dog said:
I have found an 1812 LC and an 1824/22 LC
in Kennedy rolls.
The 1812 is a bit better than AG and won't quite go G,
the 24 over 22 is a solid VG and is quite nice in details.

The last couple weeks have been good to me.
Love that early copper.

Photo's please.... Pretty please..... With sugar on top

Mojo
 
1¢ - 1881 Indian
5¢ - 1883 V nickel w/o cents
10¢ - 1910 Barber
25¢ - 1934 Washington
50¢ - 1899 Barber
$1.00 - 1971 Eisenhower (many)

Canadian 1¢ - 1927
Canadian 5¢ - 1916
Canadian 10¢ - 1941
Canadian 25¢ - 1941
Canadian 50¢ - 2002
Canadian $1.00 - 1987
Canadian $2.00 - 1996

Foreign - Roman, Constantine the Great (320 AD minted in Siscia) (Found in a bag of dimes)
 
I found this in the reject tray of the coin counter when I went to dump halves- I know it wasn't in a roll but buying and dumping is all part of the game to ME and it was free. I traded it for an oz of silver. HH Mark
DSCN1534_edited.jpg

DSCN1537_edited.jpg
 
Silver Stripe said:
I found this in the reject tray of the coin counter when I went to dump halves- I know it wasn't in a roll but buying and dumping is all part of the game to ME and it was free. I traded it for an oz of silver. HH Mark

I woulda kept that one.

Mojo
 
coinmojo said:
Old Dog said:
I have found an 1812 LC and an 1824/22 LC
in Kennedy rolls.
The 1812 is a bit better than AG and won't quite go G,
the 24 over 22 is a solid VG and is quite nice in details.

The last couple weeks have been good to me.
Love that early copper.

Photo's please.... Pretty please..... With sugar on top

Mojo

May be a few days but I'll get them for you.
I have a lot going on
Thom
 
Penny - 1888 Indian Head Cent
Nickel - 1899 V Nickel
Dime - 1923 Mercury Dime

-Codes
 
Penny- 1891
Nickel- 1890 (oldest)
Dime- 1914
Quarter- 1941
Half- 1917

HH
-GC
 
Got it yesterday - nice to post it again.
 

Attachments

  • Capped Bust 1834 Obverse.webp
    Capped Bust 1834 Obverse.webp
    31.4 KB · Views: 300
  • Capped Bust 1834 Reverse.webp
    Capped Bust 1834 Reverse.webp
    34.8 KB · Views: 298
  • Capped Bust 1834 Obverse.webp
    Capped Bust 1834 Obverse.webp
    31.4 KB · Views: 295
  • Capped Bust 1834 Reverse.webp
    Capped Bust 1834 Reverse.webp
    34.8 KB · Views: 288
good question. some great answers. lots of oldies but goodies!

here's mine.

dollar 1976 crh
half 1858 crh
quarter 1950 teller's tray
dime 1875 crh
nickel 1939 pocket change
penny 1914 coin counter
foreign 1873 crh
 
half 1917 crh
quarter 1942 in the wild
dime 1942 crh
nickel 1900 crh
penny 1910 crh

HH,
Karl
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom