YouTube video editor is no more. Where can I go to edit videos now?

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

SultansOfSwing

Dec 28, 2016
NH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600 - & ProPointer AT-------

Back Ups: AT Pro, Tesoro Royal Sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Use the one that came preinstalled on your computer. Works for me!

PirateLabs

Feb 21, 2017
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Use the one that came preinstalled on your computer. Works for me!

Which one would that be? There was no program like that on my computer that I am aware of. Mine came with windows 8, got upgraded without my permission to windows 10 where it deleted my sound card and a bunch of other things I needed. I just wiped my hard drive and re-installed windows 8 again! If there is some software like this in there I would love to find it. I downloaded some free program for video editing but it is very bulky and time consuming to use.

Thanks,

Bill

NiagracountyNY

May 17, 2009
Western New York
Detector(s) used
Nokta- Fors core / Makro--CF77 / Minelab CTX 3030 / XP deus /Velox 1 / RS PinPointer /Makro Waterproof PinPointer
I had the same prob..except Im using windows 10..I cannot find a video editor on windows 10..In fact this version has kind of confused me more than once..Where is the button to run windows 10 with windows 8 setup/function/look....?

NiagracountyNY

May 17, 2009
Western New York
Detector(s) used
Nokta- Fors core / Makro--CF77 / Minelab CTX 3030 / XP deus /Velox 1 / RS PinPointer /Makro Waterproof PinPointer
I always used YouTube's video editor to edit my metal detecting videos. They decided to get rid of it last month, so now I'm lost. Does anyone know of any free sites that will let me edit my videos so I can eventually upload them to YouTube? Any suggestions would be appreciated.
I think you can un-instal youtube Red or whatever they call the new version..And run reg old youtube that still has the editor...I never installed youtube red and I still see the editor tab..Not sure if its the exact same as it was...Hope this helps some...Interested to know what u find out...HH

SultansOfSwing

Dec 28, 2016
NH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry i forgot about win 10 users. I still use 7. If you have win 8 or 10, google windows essientials and download that. Then once downloaded, run the program and it will prompt you which programs youd like to install. It will automatically check off each program so if you only want windows movie maker, deselect everything but movie maker. Install and then you should have movie maker. Fyi dont use the "upload to youtube" button in the program. It makes everything come out fuzzy. Just save the video to your computer and upload directly to site.

PirateLabs

Feb 21, 2017
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
SultansOfSwing: Excellent tip, thank you. Just a word of caution, I was just reading that Microsoft is going to force upgrade ALL windows 7 and 8.1 users to windows 10. I was going to move up to windows 8.1 as I have used it before and you can boot directly into your desktop but, I am staying with 8 as MS is no longer supporting it and will not force upgrade win 8 users. (According to this tech article) I got so pissed at windows 10, which I did not want...I would roll back the updates that messed up my computer, and they would install again. I made all suggested changes in the registry to prevent this but, those changes got changed back! Windows 8 is just fine with me and is what was installed on my computer when I got it from HP.

Bill

OP
OP
FreeBirdTim

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey, what do you know, I have Windows movie maker installed on my computer! LOL! Thanks for the help, SultansOfSwing!

OP
OP
FreeBirdTim

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Spoke too soon. Can't seem to drag my videos from their folders to movie maker. I also have all my video clips uploaded to YouTube, but I can't seem to get them to go to movie maker either. I hate computers!!!!!

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I recently had same problem - I used to do slide shows on youtube on on my windows 8
- I have windows 10 - aholes removed the movie/media out - don't know why
prob so we have to buy one to install now
I looked for alternatives - most want $9.99 a month it seems

OP
OP
FreeBirdTim

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll have to fool around with movie maker. No way am I paying 10 bucks a month so I can edit one video every 3 months! Not gonna do it.

fmerg

Nov 1, 2008
kingston ny
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
minelab quattro, explorer se pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hitfilm express is a video editor that promises pro-level features for free – and it delivers. The basic editor is very impressive, with advanced cutting tools, a great set of audio and video filters, layers and masking, compositing options, and chroma keying for creating green screen effects.
Additional tools are available for a fee but for basic editing they are not needed
https://hitfilm.com/express download

for simpler editing try avdemux
http://fixounet.free.fr/avidemux

PirateLabs

Feb 21, 2017
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have about 72 videos uploaded to Youtube and I used to use Arcsoft. I got a free trial version with one of my cameras and after that...it said I could pay about $25/year to use it or pay $40 one time for lifetime rights. I paid the $40 and used it for several years and it was great. Then, I got a notice that I needed to renew my subscription as it was going to expire. I emailed those folks, tried calling them to no avail. It was cut off and, even though I paid for lifetime...it no longer worked. that really pissed me off. I have used the old version of windows movie make but it did not do much that I needed. The free stuff I downloaded works ok, but, there is one heck of a learning curve. That is why I liked Arcsoft and paid for the lifetime version as all of my videos could use the same opening credits and music and I could add still shot of schematics for electronics, it was great. This was like 5 years ago and I am still mad that no one ever even got back to me about it.

Bill

***EDIT*** I could still use the program but, it put a huge watermark in the center of my videos that said: "Produced with Arcsoft Video Editor" or something like that. It made it useless to use.

Last edited:

SultansOfSwing

Dec 28, 2016
NH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Freebird,

Keep fiddling with movie maker. It can do a pretty decent job. I created my intro with it, then saved it to the desktop and a project. Then when im ready to make a new video (its been months :( ) I open that project in movie maker and add my new videos to it after the intro. Then when im done and ready to save, I save it with a new name (ex. Movie4). This will keep the intro project saved and will save your new edited video separately.

PirateLabs

Feb 21, 2017
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sorry i forgot about win 10 users. I still use 7. If you have win 8 or 10, google windows essientials and download that. Then once downloaded, run the program and it will prompt you which programs youd like to install. It will automatically check off each program so if you only want windows movie maker, deselect everything but movie maker. Install and then you should have movie maker. Fyi dont use the "upload to youtube" button in the program. It makes everything come out fuzzy. Just save the video to your computer and upload directly to site.

I feel like an idiot! I already had movie maker installed on my computer in windows 8. I had just re-installed windows 8 after using 10 for a few months but had many problems with it. Thank you very much!

Bill

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions