zero discrimination on SE

DetectorBase

Dec 31, 2006
Montana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE w/SunRay X-1, X-5 and X-8 / Whites XLT / Whites GM3
keithinvestigations said:
How many users hunt with zero discrimination on their SE? If so, how do you stand the tones! Just curious.

I do. With the ferrous tones, it's easy to ignore the 'thuds'. Also.. the most important thing.. is go slow with the sweep.

DB

OP
OP
keithinvestigations

keithinvestigations

Mar 21, 2007
Ellisville, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-75 LE
Thanks DB. I just ordered a 6" DD EXcelerator / EQ 2 Pro Searchcoil. I have read a lot of good things about them. I'm hoping that this will help me learn the tones better and be able to pick out good and bad targets.

Tricia

Mar 5, 2007
Hi,

Don't have the same kind of detector but when the hunt's been boring I'll turn the discrimination all the way down and happily go after some foil or a pull tab just to have something to do.

:D

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Listening to a detector sing bird songs is disconcerting at times, but you just need to learn the notes. Easier said than done, right? The amount of info that comes into the SE is large and it helps if the sweep speed is slowed to allow it to process the information.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread