OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...but it does confirm that a Thomas Beale was dead. :icon_thumleft:

That too. :icon_thumright: But it also brings up another curious question, this having to do with the living arrangements of Sr. if that funeral was for him. Was he living at the hotel? Yes, I know, it's all of these little details and curiosities that I keep entertaining myself with drive some of you nuts. :laughing7:

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can this be Beale junior? 1820 death?

Could be it only says Mr. Thomas Beale. I have seen some strange things in genealogy. I have seen the first person named Sr. and then I have seen him called Jr. only to have his son as Jr. sometimes the third III. But we will never know unless someone finds the doctors records or the tombstone of the deceased. I know the historian that gave out the information researched in New Orleans mentioned this article and she said it was Sr. died of advanced age or either he was described as advanced age in the Battle of New Orleans but that is hard to believe at 47 years old. We will keep our minds open until this is verified as Sr. or Jr.

Does anyone have any information on the Doctor Elijah Alexander?

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Why does everyone believe that the real Thomas Beal, be it Sr or Jr, of New Orleans is the Thomas Beale character of Ward's 1885 Beale Papers?
Oh yes, because of Ward's grandfather James Beverly Risque's duel with Thomas Beale over Julia Hancock that caused Beale to leave Virginia for New Orleans leaving Chloe Delancey and Jr behind in Virginia.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Why does everyone believe that the real Thomas Beal, be it Sr or Jr, of New Orleans is the Thomas Beale character of Ward's 1885 Beale Papers?
Oh yes, because of Ward's grandfather James Beverly Risque's duel with Thomas Beale over Julia Hancock that caused Beale to leave Virginia for New Orleans leaving Chloe Delancey and Jr behind in Virginia.
Heh...

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

What do you know about the "Uptown" and the Merchants and Planters?

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
I think that Robert MORRIS was on the Lynchburg, Va. Merchants & Planters Bank BOARD... gotta double-check.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think that Robert MORRIS was on the Lynchburg, Va. Merchants & Planters Bank BOARD... gotta double-check.

No it was the Farmer's Branch Bank out of Richmond, Va. He had a brother in law and partner on that board also William Mitchell. His father in law's name was William Mitchell also.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
No it was the Farmer's Branch Bank out of Richmond, Va. He had a brother in law and partner on that board also William Mitchell. His father in law's name was William Mitchell also.
THANKS! Farmers & Merchants Bank...?

Last edited:

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oct 1823 I was off three years.

Well then that would not have been Capt. Thomas Beale, that is why the obituary states Mr. Thomas Beale died 1823 and Capt. Thomas Beale died September 1820.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Well then that would not have been Capt. Thomas Beale, that is why the obituary states Mr. Thomas Beale died 1823 and Capt. Thomas Beale died September 1820.
To CLARIFY... Capt. Thomas Beale, SENIOR, 1820; Thomas Beale, JUNIOR, 1823.

Cryptography

Banned
Jan 20, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To CLARIFY... Capt. Thomas Beale, SENIOR, 1820; Thomas Beale, JUNIOR, 1823.

All I see is one death and one probate for 1823, so far. They would not call him Cap Thomas Beale.
Looks like we need more newspapers as proof of who did die.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
All I see is one death and one probate for 1823, so far. They would not call him Cap Thomas Beale.
Every legitimate established Beale researcher accept the September 1820 death date for Beale Sr and October 1823 for Beale Jr.
Remember, it has never been established that either of these Beales are the fictional Beale character of Ward's 1885 Beale Papers.

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think most everyone is looking at the narration just as the author intended the "general public" to view it.

masterpoe

Banned
Feb 3, 2015
University
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

We have one death and one probate in 1823. If just looking at the dates of probate possibly could solve what we are looking for. Jr had probate because of a person's attempts to collect a debt. Sr never had a probate that I can see here in these threads and all I have seen is just a name and date for a Thos Beale in 1820. If a great Captain had died in the City he helped save I think he would have a better send off then just a name Thos Beale in a newspaper with no obituary at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions