Status
Not open for further replies.

masterpoe

Banned
Feb 3, 2015
University
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most likely you need to find out where Celeste de Grandpre Beale is buried. She died after the Civil War. Maybe she was buried beside her husband or had him removed to the Ricker Plantation?
No one Beale was ever put into the section at St Louis 1 or Girod for the 1820,-1850. Possibly you know were the Celeste Beale diary can help?

masterpoe

Banned
Feb 3, 2015
University
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No one Beale was ever put into the section at St Louis 1 or Girod for the 1820,-1850. Possibly you know were the Celeste Beale diary can help?

a-bronze-plaque-for-information-and-dedication-for-protestant-section-F3Y004.jpg

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I have never seen the diary let alone read it. I do know the Ricker Family kept such and there is a lot of information at other universities beside LSU. I think maybe Tulane U. has the Ricker and Grand pre papers?

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have original copies of the 1823-1826 probate and it was for Thomas Beale Jr. He owed $21,000 odd dollars to creditors. I have all their names. The Merchants Hotel and Estate was valued at $100,000. That is when It got tied up in court for a long time. I am still trying to find original copies of all the other litigation for both Sr. and Jr.

It also says Sr. deceased when they gave the $100,000 value on the estate of Jr.

masterpoe

Banned
Feb 3, 2015
University
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have never seen the diary let alone read it. I do know the Ricker Family kept such and there is a lot of information at other universities beside LSU. I think maybe Tulane U. has the Ricker and Grand pre papers?

Jean is the person with resources in that particular area, but I think he is reading these post. Possibly he will respond on one of his websites to the information you are referring to. I have read about the diary on some older post, but there are some that do not think the Celeste diary to be real. There must be some papers as you speak of.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Laf only posts information that supports his claims.
Captain Thomas J Beale did not die September 10, 1820, instead that was Thomas Beale of 10 Canal St , New Orleans.
It is all in how the "facts" are presented.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Jean is the person with resources in that particular area, but I think he is reading these post. Possibly he will respond on one of his websites to the information you are referring to. I have read about the diary on some older post, but there are some that do not think the Celeste diary to be real. There must be some papers as you speak of.
"Jean is..."; PROXY for Jean, eh...?

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Laf only posts information that supports his claims.
Captain Thomas J Beale did not die September 10, 1820, instead that was Thomas Beale of 10 Canal St , New Orleans.
It is all in how the "facts" are presented.
YEP! Thomas Beale, SENIOR...

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know for a fact that Thomas Beale, Registrar of Wills worked on September 2, 1820 and his job was took over by another Registrar of Wills on or before September 21, 1820. I have documents to prove it. I also know that the months of 1820 that TJB was in Lynchburg, Va at the Washington Hotel could not have been Thomas Beale Sr. Registrar of Wills as he was signing his signature and working all those months. Of course he was at neither the Washington Hotel in Lynchburg, Virginia in 1822 nor was he Registrar of Wills in New Orleans because sometime between September 2, 1820 and September 21, 1820 he died and his obituary was in the New Orleans Gazette on September 11, 1820. Case closed find another Captain Thomas Beale.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Franklin, you know that some will never accept the fact that Thomas Beale Sr died on September 10, 1820 because then he could have written those 1822 letters to Morriss which is basis on the entire treasure story, and his 1820 death would confirm that Ward's copyrighted 1885 Beale Papers is nothing more than an adventure' treasure story and any claims of solved ciphers that lead to treasure are meaningless.

The same can be said about Jean Lafitte's reported 1823 death, as it is definite proof that he was not alive to make those later dated entries in that forged memoir by Laflin that some try to attached to the Beale story.

Last edited:

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Franklin, you know that some will never accept the fact that Thomas Beale Sr died on September 10, 1820 because then he could have written those 1822 letters to Morriss which is basis on the entire treasure story, and his 1820 death would confirm that Ward's copyrighted 1885 Beale Papers is nothing more than an adventure' treasure story and any claims of solved ciphers that lead to treasure are meaningless.

The same can be said about Jean Lafitte's reported 1823 death, as it is definite proof that he was not alive to make those later dated entries in that forged memoir by Laflin that some try to attached to the Beale story.

You are correct ECS. I scanned over 200,000 documents today to get the information I found. The computer has made my eyes go together. I may find more. I still need to look at another 142,000 documents. Thomas Beale was out from work one day on August 3, 1820. But by the 11th or before he was back to work.

As for Lafitte, I know an expert on that pirate and he sent me factorial information that Jean Lafitte died in 1823 in service with Honduras Navy.

The story has all of the signs of a story to make money and even in that it failed and was forgotten about until the Hart Brothers picked up and carried the torch to Pauline Innis, Walter Innis and they spread it to Peter Viemeister and the rest is a mystery of a mystery of a mystery. And the hunt continues.

Last edited:

masterpoe

Banned
Feb 3, 2015
University
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know for a fact that Thomas Beale, Registrar of Wills worked on September 2, 1820 and his job was took over by another Registrar of Wills on or before September 21, 1820. I have documents to prove it. I also know that the months of 1820 that TJB was in Lynchburg, Va at the Washington Hotel could not have been Thomas Beale Sr. Registrar of Wills as he was signing his signature and working all those months. Of course he was at neither the Washington Hotel in Lynchburg, Virginia in 1822 nor was he Registrar of Wills in New Orleans because sometime between September 2, 1820 and September 21, 1820 he died and his obituary was in the New Orleans Gazette on September 11, 1820. Case closed find another Captain Thomas Beale.

Very interesting, I have seen document's on a certain Website that have his name on them from 1810 July. And Captain Beale has picked up mail at the post office, signed it and sent it back to New Orleans. It took like two weeks to get mail from St Louis to New Orleans and the same time for his wife Celeste to visit him there too. I have seen the document's on that same site that have others singing Thomas Beale's name too!

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very interesting, I have seen document's on a certain Website that have his name on them from 1810 July. And Captain Beale has picked up mail at the post office, signed it and sent it back to New Orleans. It took like two weeks to get mail from St Louis to New Orleans and the same time for his wife Celeste to visit him there too. I have seen the document's on that same site that have others singing Thomas Beale's name too!

No one can sign a name of an official working for government it is against the law. All signatures were the same and the documents were in Thomas Beale's handwriting. He had to be there. You think a man can hold a government job and have others sign his signature while he is gone for months. You have lost it.

masterpoe

Banned
Feb 3, 2015
University
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No one can sign a name of an official working for government it is against the law. All signatures were the same and the documents were in Thomas Beale's handwriting. He had to be there. You think a man can hold a government job and have others sign his signature while he is gone for months. You have lost it.

No, I have it here!
IMG_20161003_062948.jpg

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

You notice it says for Thomas Beale and the deputy clerk signed his name. That was the day he was not working August 3, 1820. I have that one also. All the documents I have only have the signature of Thomas Beale Recorder of Wills and these documents were signed by Thomas Beale with all his flare.

I am also going to find his death certificate. I know even if I had it you would not believe. You would say it is a forgery. But I am going after it anyway. I have some death certificates from 1820 New Orleans Parish but I have not found Thomas Beale's yet.

You can read those scans better if you left click it two times before saving them. Then the scan will not be upside down.

Last edited:

masterpoe

Banned
Feb 3, 2015
University
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You notice it says for Thomas Beale and the deputy clerk signed his name. That was the day he was not working August 3, 1820. I have that one also. All the documents I have only have the signature of Thomas Beale Recorder of Wills and these documents were signed by Thomas Beale with all his flare.

I am also going to find his death certificate. I know even if I had it you would not believe. You would say it is a forgery. But I am going after it anyway. I have some death certificates from 1820 New Orleans Parish but I have not found Thomas Beale's yet.

You can read those scans better if you left click it two times before saving them. Then the scan will not be upside down.

The other person has signed for all eight years of him in this office from 1810-1818. There are a few others and in 1818 you began to see the Judges name for probate appear in the Orleans papers. There is one other person that shows up after 1818 that is setting auction date for the probate office too. Then in 1820 the other office of wills has its new Register for a term of 8 years as posted in the newspaper.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The other person has signed for all eight years of him in this office from 1810-1818. There are a few others and in 1818 you began to see the Judges name for probate appear in the Orleans papers. There is one other person that shows up after 1818 that is setting auction date for the probate office too. Then in 1820 the other office of wills has its new Register for a term of 8 years as posted in the newspaper.

That is not exactly correct. I have seen hundreds of signatures of Thomas Beale, Registrar of Wills from 1813 up until September 2, 1820. You and I are talking about two different sources of information. I have been looking at all the Wills recorded not probate. If the new Registrar of Wills was elected only for eight years, he must have been elected again because he was still Registrar of Wills from September, 1820 and the latest I have is June 23, 1832. A twelve year span. Elected two times or until retires? Also no other person signed Thomas Beale, Registrar of Wills except August 3, 1820 when he was not working.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Notice that they are all signed "THOMAS BEALE" not the "THOMAS J BEALE" character of Ward's 1885 copyrighted dime novel job pamphlet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread