OP
B

Bigdogdad

Bronze Member
Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
BDD
Everything is not related to a conspiracy against you. Stuff happens.

I never said it was a conspiracy against me, I just wanted to know what "stuff" happened. I thought it was a simple request.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BDD, I saw no pictures that would justify deleting them...

American by birth, Patriot by choice.

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
I never said it was a conspiracy against me, I just wanted to know what "stuff" happened. I thought it was a simple request.
BDD,in addition to our posts that were edited,just look at another poster's recent post that was edited. HH at the cookout.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BDD pictures missing were before we changed format, when is last time you saw pictures working, as stated no mods or admins deleted them..

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

vor

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Guess that explains that. ???

Wonder where my icons went that were once above the reply box?

V

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

Bigdogdad

Bronze Member
Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
The last time all the pictures were on the thread was around April 20. I was on the thread in the evening and everything was fine. Late that night I went to read this thread and it was GONE. I tried a few more times and it was not even listed on the Cache forum. Later that night it came back up and all the pictures and likes were gone. No one involved with Treasurenet seems to be able to figure out what happened. Still seems to be very strange. I am not claiming some conspiracy but am starting to have some doubts about how this site operates. You say that no mods or admins deleted them but it lists a number for each as an attachment which makes me think they still exist. This is all within TNet unless some higher power can control your site.

OP
OP
B

Bigdogdad

Bronze Member
Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
BDD,in addition to our posts that were edited,just look at another poster's recent post that was edited. HH at the cookout.

What are you talking about when you mention "another poster's recent post"?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The last time all the pictures were on the thread was around April 20. I was on the thread in the evening and everything was fine. Late that night I went to read this thread and it was GONE. I tried a few more times and it was not even listed on the Cache forum. Later that night it came back up and all the pictures and likes were gone. No one involved with Treasurenet seems to be able to figure out what happened. Still seems to be very strange. I am not claiming some conspiracy but am starting to have some doubts about how this site operates. You say that no mods or admins deleted them but it lists a number for each as an attachment which makes me think they still exist. This is all within TNet unless some higher power can control your site.

So you were reading posts from 2 years ago?

Admins looked they are not on server. All the pictures missing are before format changed. If they were edited or deleted it would show posts edited which it doesn't.

Sorry but there is nothing that can be done about it, pics are not on server so they can't be restored, I asked.

we are not going to go through 1700+ posts looking for pictures to delete..

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

Bigdogdad

Bronze Member
Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
So you were reading posts from 2 years ago?

Admins looked they are not on server. All the pictures missing are before format changed. If they were edited or deleted it would show posts edited which it doesn't.

Sorry but there is nothing that can be done about it, pics are not on server so they can't be restored, I asked.

When was this "format change" that you are talking about? No I am not talking about two years ago as far as the pics. . I am talking about pictures from just a few days ago and on back on this thread. In fact on page 75 of this thread post 1483 there was a picture I posted from last years treasurehunters barbecue that was of a parrot sitting on somebodies shoulder and the back of their head looked just like yours. Either someone within Treasurenet decided to edit this entire thread or someone else from outside Treasurenet has the ability to come on this site and do as they please without your knowledge. The fact that no one connected with this site seems to know what happened is kind of scary don't you think?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When was this "format change" that you are talking about? No I am not talking about two years ago as far as the pics. . I am talking about pictures from just a few days ago and on back on this thread. In fact on page 75 of this thread post 1483 there was a picture I posted from last years treasurehunters barbecue that was of a parrot sitting on somebodies shoulder and the back of their head looked just like yours. Either someone within Treasurenet decided to edit this entire thread or someone else from outside Treasurenet has the ability to come on this site and do as they please without your knowledge. The fact that no one connected with this site seems to know what happened is kind of scary don't you think?

Format change is little over 18 months ago. The picture was of one of my parrots and myself.if it was edit or deleted by mod or admin it would say edited by so and so....

No one here edited thread other than the posts deleted that violated rules. I don't believe any one hacked thread either. It is simply a software glitch.

There is nothing in the thread that would cause a mod or admin to delete the pictures.... They would have to be deleted 1at a time and each post edited would state edited, it is automatic if you edit post.

OP
OP
B

Bigdogdad

Bronze Member
Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
As an experiment I went back and added the parrot picture to post 1483. I guess if it really bothers me about the missing pictures I could take the time and go back and try to add them all back on as far as the ones I posted. I know that when I go back an edit one of my own posts if it had some "likes" on it they will not be on it any longer once it has been edited. So not only did the "software glitch" eliminate every picture on the entire thread it somehow or another edited every post that had a like as there were over 250 likes on this thread and as of this post there are now only 11. If this is all only because of a computer problem that would make me feel a little better about continuing to post on this thread and Treasurenet in general.

Just about every time we do a serious treasure dig we always seem to have electronic "glitches" that no one can explain. It has happened to me dozens upon dozens of times. Maybe some one is sending me a "message".

OP
OP
B

Bigdogdad

Bronze Member
Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
we are not going to go through 1700+ posts looking for pictures to delete..

No I don't think you would but if someone wanted to delete certain ones or maybe for instance all the vehicles involved with the Rocky Bluff "makeover" it might be easier to just erase all the pictures on the thread and then attribute it to a "computer glitch". I know I am just being paranoid here but I tend to take everything pretty seriously when it comes to my treasure hunting exploits.

vor

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As an experiment I went back and added the parrot picture to post 1483. I guess if it really bothers me about the missing pictures I could take the time and go back and try to add them all back on as far as the ones I posted. I know that when I go back an edit one of my own posts if it had some "likes" on it they will not be on it any longer once it has been edited. So not only did the "software glitch" eliminate every picture on the entire thread it somehow or another edited every post that had a like as there were over 250 likes on this thread and as of this post there are now only 11. If this is all only because of a computer problem that would make me feel a little better about continuing to post on this thread and Treasurenet in general.

Just about every time we do a serious treasure dig we always seem to have electronic "glitches" that no one can explain. It has happened to me dozens upon dozens of times. Maybe some one is sending me a "message".

BDD

The dowser "spirits" have taken you over. They are just using you as their digger.

Let it go.

OP
OP
B

Bigdogdad

Bronze Member
Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Remember a PM I sent you that mentioned those that took our banter too seriously?
...or someone doesn't like a Burma Shave!

I went back and read the PM and I know who you are talking about but I still don't know what your saying. PM me.

OP
OP
B

Bigdogdad

Bronze Member
Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
OK back to treasure hunting. I have some locations that I have recently been led to. I am not going to go into all the details, let's just say there was supposed to be gold buried in a certain spot. We ran the Nokta Golden King over the spots and it read for gold. We had a White's DFX detector and it also said gold. My two other detectors I had with me also said metal. The property owner got excited, I didn't. We dug down and all we found was a corroded old Coke can. I have heard before that these old cans will mimic gold. My point is that no matter what method you use to decide where to dig, you won't know for sure if treasure is buried there until you dig. That is why I spend a lot of time digging holes.

100_3487.JPG Digging yesterday in someone's front yard.

vor

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those old Coke cans are just like gold in Istanbul.
8-)

OP
OP
B

Bigdogdad

Bronze Member
Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Those old Coke cans are just like gold in Istanbul.
8-)

The American made White's detector also said it was gold. Do you know any one that has had first hand experience with the Nokta or are you just going by what you read. I have read both good and bad about this unit. It is actually kind of weird as to how little can be found about it. In our initial tests in the field of the Nokta versus our other detectors, the Nokta won. No detector that I know of is perfect or 100% accurate. vor-If you know of a detector that when it says there is gold, there is gold, please let me know which one that is so that I can check it out for myself. I do not put all my faith in what I read on the internet. I like to get my grubby paws involved because seeing is believing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread