Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I I have no control over what it says and I won't know if it is accurate until after I dig. Do you have a better method for detecting and digging?
Did you throw a gold coin on the ground to see what it says? I always carry a gold coin, silver coin and nickel in my pocket and the first thing I do is throw a coin on the ground and adjust the controls. Every time out. I mean EVERY time.

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

Bigdogdad

Bronze Member
Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
You wouldn't take my advise on bench/air tests while you were actually there with Bruce. Your
flip remarks discourages trying to help. He could have held a beer can at four feet and your
borrowed unit would probably said it was GOLD. You would have that magic moment when the
scales fall from your eyes. Bruce may have said you don't need no stinking air test, just believe
the words coming out of my mouth.

The answer to the question you asked is a steel probe that cache hunters use to ascertain if a
large hard object is under the target zone. It has no wires and no mumbo jumbo readouts. Ask
how to make or borrow one at the cookout.

Who is Bruce? Do you know something about the Nokta detector from your own experience with it? What do you and vor have against this unit or is it just your normal negativity? I have asked around and there have been some positive comments from people familiar with how it operates. So you are convinced it will read all beer cans as gold? Is this what you think all detectors do or just the Nokta? I would be interested in experiencing that "magic moment" just to see what it would be like to have "scales" fall from my eyes. That's not painful is it? I don't remember anybody telling me I don't need no stinking air test. I have been known to stink up the air but I think that happens to all of us.

I did not stick any of my five probes into the ground at the three foot deep site. I have two steel ones, two aluminum and one fiberglass. I also have a gas powered drill I could have used but I didn't. "Mumbo jumbo readouts"? Was the Nokta screen too hard for you to read or understand? I was told I could detect but nobody said anything about probing. I have to be very careful as to what I do at this site because I don't want to blow my chance to be able to dig.

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

Bigdogdad

Bronze Member
Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Did you throw a gold coin on the ground to see what it says? I always carry a gold coin, silver coin and nickel in my pocket and the first thing I do is throw a coin on the ground and adjust the controls. Every time out. I mean EVERY time.

No we did not. I am not really that good at working with detectors. I seem to have some sort of effect on them or maybe I just have a mental block. I just got a Garrett PI underwater detector that is real simple to use but does not go very deep. I am trying to get better at all of this.

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
You really need to take the time to learn the detector you are using. They need to be adjusted on site. You cannot just turn on a switch and go lol. It may take some time to learn the intricacies and slight variations in pitch and tone. So it is very hard to borrow a detector and use it properly.

You also need to adjust properly for maximum depth. I try to keep my sensitivity at the highest setting without driving me crazy with feedback. If you turn down your sensitivity, you will lose depth. Each site is different as each area has different mineralization. I also prefer a Pulse Unit underwater because it is not affected by salt and I can easily move from surf to beach without re-adjusting. . I am by no means a metal detecting expert but these are just basics.

Last edited:

lastleg

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2008
Correction: Blake not Bruce. I for one am glad to see BDD going a more conventional route with a
metal detector instead of dowsers and LRLs.

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Correction: Blake not Bruce. I for one am glad to see BDD going a more conventional route with a

He is using the metal detector to check out Ovid's dowsing sites.

lastleg

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2008
Catch up. He knows Rvid's fantasies are hopeless and is trying to find a reliable method to dig up
bloodthirsty pirate's treasures. His borrowed detector will even find wood and plastic tubing if he
decides to look for them. This is certainly a revolutionary breakthrough.

OP
OP
B

Bigdogdad

Bronze Member
Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
You really need to take the time to learn the detector you are using. They need to be adjusted on site. You cannot just turn on a switch and go lol. It may take some time to learn the intricacies and slight variations in pitch and tone. So it is very hard to borrow a detector and use it properly.

You also need to adjust properly for maximum depth. I try to keep my sensitivity at the highest setting without driving me crazy with feedback. If you turn down your sensitivity, you will lose depth. Each site is different as each area has different mineralization. I also prefer a Pulse Unit underwater because it is not affected by salt and I can easily move from surf to beach without re-adjusting. . I am by no means a metal detecting expert but these are just basics.

When I got the Nokta detector the first thing I did was arrange an appointment to go to Kellyco to get lessons with their resident expert. "turn on a switch and go lol"? Give me a little more credit than that. The Nokta is way more involved than the average detector and it is not a matter of listening to noises it makes as that is not how it works. Your lecture on this shows that you do not have a clue about how this detector operates but thanks for trying to give advice.

For the record I own six different detectors. As I said I am not that good with them but I do have somewhat of a clue on how to operate them.

OP
OP
B

Bigdogdad

Bronze Member
Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting

I am still working with dowsers and LRL's. I will try any method that seems to have a chance of working. The two spots I am talking about here and working on were both located initially by a remote sensor/dowser type of method and then backed up using an LRL device operated by someone that I think knows what they are doing. We then brought in a GPR operated by an expert to confirm our initial results. We then used the Nokta to reconfirm our results. You need to learn to think outside the bun.

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

Bigdogdad

Bronze Member
Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Catch up. He knows Rvid's fantasies are hopeless and is trying to find a reliable method to dig up
bloodthirsty pirate's treasures. His borrowed detector will even find wood and plastic tubing if he
decides to look for them. This is certainly a revolutionary breakthrough.

The only thing here that is hopeless is your attitude. The majority of the treasures that I am currently after are more likely related to bloodthirsty cattle eaters than pirates. Yes the Nokta is much more than just a metal detector as it can detect many different substances and tell you what it thinks it is.

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

Bigdogdad

Bronze Member
Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
My contact at the church/school property seems to think I will be getting a signed contract soon. The only bad part is that they may want to wait until schools out in about a month. I told him that I could dig a three foot hole in a very short time. I really don't want to have to wait that long but if that is what it takes so be it. We will possibly be moving forward on the 12 foot deep site. I think there are some large non-ferrous objects that we believe will be gold and silver, possibly in barrels. I plan on sharing the progress and results on these two digs on this thread. I know I should start a new thread but I am choosing not to. I want this thread to end with treasure found.

Both of these sites were initially targeted through a remote sensing type of method. I want it all to go on the record as there seems to be so many people on Treasurenet that don't believe this method can locate hidden objects. Both of these sites were then found by an individual using an LRL type of method with no direction from me other than putting him in the general area-over 100+ feet away. There are many people on Treasurenet that don't believe that ANY LRL methods work. I am in complete control of this entire process and will be completely honest as to how it all comes about and what the final result will be.

The GPR expert that I have brought in has confirmed that there are objects buried at both of these spots. He has been using the same machine for over 11 years and is very confident in his and this machines abilities. He is totally convinced that we will find something man made at both sites. Of course the only way to know for sure what is there is to dig it up.

The Nokta Golden King detected ferrous objects at a 3 foot depth at the 12 foot site. It cannot see past a shallow target to see what is beneath it like the GPR can. It did locate and show an object at the 3 foot deep church/school site and has identified it as gold and alloys, which I believe may be silver. The remote sensor individual has also stated that we will find diamonds.

I will answer most questions about these potential digs but there is a lot of information I will not share. I really hope to prove these methods once and for all on Treasurenet.

Last edited:

lastleg

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2008
Where do you find the "experts" that you refer to? Have you asked them to show you examples of
their expertise? No? Do you just take their word for it with no proof demanded? You say the "Turk"
cannot see past or through worthless objects to reveal pirate treasure just behind it? Duh . . .
That is the way it's always been since the beginning of metal detecting.

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
When I got the Nokta detector the first thing I did was arrange an appointment to go to Kellyco to get lessons with their resident expert. "turn on a switch and go lol"? Give me a little more credit than that. The Nokta is way more involved than the average detector and it is not a matter of listening to noises it makes as that is not how it works. Your lecture on this shows that you do not have a clue about how this detector operates but thanks for trying to give advice.

For the record I own six different detectors. As I said I am not that good with them but I do have somewhat of a clue on how to operate them.
OK great but how do you explain the malfunction of this unit that day? Human error or bad electronics?

I didnt mean it as a lecture. Just trying to be friendly. If there is a detector on the market that can differentiate between gold and other non-ferrous metals, I would like to know about it. As far as I know, it does not exist.

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

Bigdogdad

Bronze Member
Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Where do you find the "experts" that you refer to? Have you asked them to show you examples of
their expertise? No? Do you just take their word for it with no proof demanded? You say the "Turk"
cannot see past or through worthless objects to reveal pirate treasure just behind it? Duh . . .
That is the way it's always been since the beginning of metal detecting.

If you are referring to the GPR expert, he was found by the TV production company and was going to be a member of the team. I chose not to go along with the requirement to fake finding treasure so the show did not happen. The GPR expert works for the area water district and has used the same GPR unit for the last 11 years. Not only does he have to locate what he is looking for with the GPR, he then may be required to dig it up with a backhoe. Seeing as how this is his job I would consider him a expert and am not going to "demand" anything from him. It is not really my style to go around demanding anything from anybody.

The "turk"? I am assuming you are referring to the Nokta Golden King detector. What is with your nasty attitude about this? You obviously have no experience with this unit but yet seem to want to make fun of it. Please seek help for your problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread