I forgot to mention.

pronghorn

Jan 7, 2008
lesjcbs has me on ignore so I am asking that no one
quotes this post so that he never sees it :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9:

lesjcbs said:
I mean, even looking at pronghorn's avatar, that's one troubled and disturbed dude in that picture. A loose cannon so to speak.

Art, maybe it should be you that tells the guy who has
me on ignore ::) that my avatar is a compilation of two
of your previous avatars blended together, what does
that say about you Art?

lesjcbs said:
Really, come on now, what kind of a personality would continue doing something for 40 years after deciding it doesn't work for them or that they consider it is worthless?

And someone might want to inform the guy who has me
on ignore that I never stated I have continued dowsing.
His reading comprehension is more than slightly lacking.

I have L rods. When someone brings up the subject I
gladly let them use my L rods and have a very simple
test that not one person has passed. If Mr. lesjcbs
ever finds himself in my neck of the woods I will be
glad to let him have a crack at it.

I was first introduced to dowsing 40 years ago.
It was obvious then what a farce it was and I
have let many try to prove me wrong. I never
stated that I continued dowsing for 40 years.
I stated that I have dowsed (should have said
"gone through the motions of the easlily fooled
walking around with L rods") many times in the
last 40 years!
Dowsing is a simple mind fooling itself,
I was not fooled.
Too bad lesjcbs won't see this. :laughing9: :laughing9:

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
~pronghorn~
lesjcbs has me on ignore so I am asking that no one
quotes this post so that he never sees it
Why?
Art, maybe it should be you that tells the guy who has
me on ignore that my avatar is a compilation of two
of your previous avatars blended together, what does
that say about you Art?
So it is all my fault?...Please tell us which of the two skeptics that got booted also used the avatars?

And someone might want to inform the guy who has me
on ignore that I never stated I have continued dowsing.
His reading comprehension is more than slightly lacking.

I have L rods. When someone brings up the subject I
gladly let them use my L rods and have a very simple
test that not one person has passed. If Mr. lesjcbs
ever finds himself in my neck of the woods I will be
glad to let him have a crack at it.

I was first introduced to dowsing 40 years ago.
It was obvious then what a farce it was and I
have let many try to prove me wrong. I never
stated that I continued dowsing for 40 years.
I stated that I have dowsed (should have said
"gone through the motions of the easlily fooled
walking around with L rods") many times in the
last 40 years!
Dowsing is a simple mind fooling itself,
I was not fooled.
Too bad lesjcbs won't see this.
He will...Art

Attachments

• index.gif
    index.gif
    8.7 KB · Views: 166
OP
OP
lesjcbs

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Pocket dowsing L- Rods shown above. Whites Beach Comber, Bounty Hunter Sharp Shooter II, Whites TM 808, Canon 350D EOS Digital Rebel XT DSLR Camera.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I for one don't smoke cigarettes or drink alcoholic beverages and never will. I know there are warning labels and lots of advertising warning about the negative and dangerous affects these things have on the human body.

When I received my dowsing rods, there were no warning labels of any kind saying I might have negative affects of some kind from using them.

Has anyone turned into a pumpkin because they dowsed?

rebel003

Feb 17, 2011
Winston, Georgia
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Les,
You have to understand these folks suffer from a scientifically studied mental defect called the Dunning-Kruger Effect.
“Although the Dunning–Kruger effect was put forward in 1999, David Dunning and Justin Kruger have quoted Charles Darwin ("Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge")[3] and Bertrand Russell ("One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision")[4] as authors who have recognized the phenomenon.”
So in a nut shell their not intelligent enough to know they do not know everything.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning–Kruger_effect

Having been following this thread for a while now and even trying to reason with some of the shallow minded people on this issue. Over and over again they state that dowsing has been scientifically proven that it does not and could not work. Yet they have not posted a link to the scientific study that states dowsing does not work and could not possibility exist. Now as far as I have read Randi is not a scientist nor holds a PhD in any scientific field. So here is my challenge post your proof and keep your opinions to yourself unless someone ask you for yours…

OP
OP
lesjcbs

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Pocket dowsing L- Rods shown above. Whites Beach Comber, Bounty Hunter Sharp Shooter II, Whites TM 808, Canon 350D EOS Digital Rebel XT DSLR Camera.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Right on rebel.

Art: Well, you posted pronghorns post making it possible for me to see it. So, I will address you directly.

When I sit down to eat a meal, along with plates and cup / glasses, my wife puts a spoon, knife, and a fork on the table for me to use. Each is shaped differently and is used differently. But when used in the way they were designed, it makes for a much better time in eating. Need I spell this one out?

It's the same with dowsing vs. an electronic metal detector. They are different in design and function, but when used together, they compliment each other.

Because I have missed targets with both my MD and dowsing, that does not mean either one of them don't work. My last post containing pictures of three dowsing finds was one of the worst days to date I have had dowsing.

I have been clear on this all along. I first dowse to get a rod cross, then I use my MD to pin point the target then I dig. Misses with both my MD and dowsing came one right after the other the other day. First my rods crossed then my MD beeped with a ticking sound verifying something was there, but I could not find it. Finally I realized the reason my MD was ticking only and not beeping solidly is because I had it on full discrimination when I should have had it in the all-metal mode. DAH. Those targets are still out there.

Further, I would never submit to a test designed by someone else. I am the one doing the dowsing, not them. I do it my way, not theirs. Therefore, I dictate all the terms. That's where dowsers go wrong. They let someone else dictate to them the rules.

Here's the difference between dowsing and MD capabilities. Turn your MD on to the highest setting. Bring it to the same horizontal level you would bring dowsing L-Rods to when you dowse. Standing in one location, slowly rotate left or right with the coil pointing outwards so it will detect over the long distance. If and when it beeps on a target that's way out there, go to and using any method you wish, dig up that target. Of course, you'll want to measure how many feet, yards, or even miles etc distance you have to go to get to that target.

Thus far, while dowsing, after getting an indication (Rod crossing) in what direction I need to go to get to a target, I had to go about 30 yards (90’) distance and there it was. I am currently working for longer distances

For details, see my posts #155, #359, #452.

Like knives, forks, and spoons that compliment each other, the same goes for electronic MD and dowsing.

Please let me know what brand of MD will do that kind of horizontal long distance detecting.

EddieR

Mar 1, 2005
Madisonville, TN
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, MXT,..Tesoro Vaquero, Silver UMax, Compadre, Tejon,..BH LandRanger..Pioneer 505.. GC1023..Teknetics Delta 4000, Gamma 6000, Eurotek Pro..Fisher F2, F4, F5, F70
On this planet, when you "do something many times", that means you "continued to do it".

Evidently to the pseudo-skeptic cult, the meaning is different.

Interesting. :laughing9: :laughing9:

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lesjcbs said:
Right on rebel.

Art: Well, you posted pronghorns post making it possible for me to see it. So, I will address you directly.

When I sit down to eat a meal, along with plates and cup / glasses, my wife puts a spoon, knife, and a fork on the table for me to use. Each is shaped differently and is used differently. But when used in the way they were designed, it makes for a much better time in eating. Need I spell this one out?

It's the same with dowsing vs. an electronic metal detector. They are different in design and function, but when used together, they compliment each other.

Because I have missed targets with both my MD and dowsing, that does not mean either one of them don't work. My last post containing pictures of three dowsing finds was one of the worst days to date I have had dowsing.

I have been clear on this all along. I first dowse to get a rod cross, then I use my MD to pin point the target then I dig. Misses with both my MD and dowsing came one right after the other the other day. First my rods crossed then my MD beeped with a ticking sound verifying something was there, but I could not find it. Finally I realized the reason my MD was ticking only and not beeping solidly is because I had it on full discrimination when I should have had it in the all-metal mode. DAH. Those targets are still out there.

Further, I would never submit to a test designed by someone else. I am the one doing the dowsing, not them. I do it my way, not theirs. Therefore, I dictate all the terms. That's where dowsers go wrong. They let someone else dictate to them the rules.

Here's the difference between dowsing and MD capabilities. Turn your MD on to the highest setting. Bring it to the same horizontal level you would bring dowsing L-Rods to when you dowse. Standing in one location, slowly rotate left or right with the coil pointing outwards so it will detect over the long distance. If and when it beeps on a target that's way out there, go to and using any method you wish, dig up that target. Of course, you'll want to measure how many feet, yards, or even miles etc distance you have to go to get to that target.

Thus far, while dowsing, after getting an indication (Rod crossing) in what direction I need to go to get to a target, I had to go about 30 yards (90’) distance and there it was. I am currently working for longer distances

For details, see my posts #155, #359, #452.

Like knives, forks, and spoons that compliment each other, the same goes for electronic MD and dowsing.

Please let me know what brand of MD will do that kind of horizontal long distance detecting.

After a heavy rain the local kids as young as 5 go specking for gold. Don,t need too have a well trained eye. The golden lustre is quite destinct when the sun shines on the wet ground.Seen larger pieces from more than 49 feet with my eye. Knowing where to look on a location is the key. OR historical fact tells you best place on a location . So what is this BiG CLAIM on distance worth after all nothing just like the nothing rubbish you write and find. You find rubbish at shallow depths with one type of MD .So use a shallow finding md with L-rods that claim great distances and depths. Dowsers on this site have claimed great depths plenty of times. HOW DEEP DOES YOUR MD GO ? NO FAR COMPARED TOO P>I units. Looks like to me you should think before you open your mouth.

tinpan i did targets at a depth of over 4 feet with a 15 x 12 semi elc coil.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
Hey tinpan..Are we going to need hip waders before you most much more of your nonsense?...I don’t even like to wear high top boots when on the internet..art

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
aarthrj3811 said:
Hey tinpan..Are we going to need hip waders before you most much more of your nonsense?...I don’t even like to wear high top boots when on the internet..art

Hey i can back my mouth up can you ?Heres an eye find just like i said , posted in todays finds some months ago. Please yours is where ????????????????

tinpan

Attachments

• 100_0619.jpg
    100_0619.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 197
  • 100_0619.jpg
    100_0619.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 191

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
aarthrj3811 said:

Not one of those who have a different opinion on dowsing has stopped you from going dowsing and making what would be considered a treasure find . But quess what you do nothing or excuses

tinpan a 5 year old can use paint shop to make a spot on a map from google earth.

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
rebel003 said:
Les,
You have to understand these folks suffer from a scientifically studied mental defect called the Dunning-Kruger Effect.
“Although the Dunning–Kruger effect was put forward in 1999, David Dunning and Justin Kruger have quoted Charles Darwin ("Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge")[3] and Bertrand Russell ("One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision")[4] as authors who have recognized the phenomenon.”
So in a nut shell their not intelligent enough to know they do not know everything.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning–Kruger_effect

Having been following this thread for a while now and even trying to reason with some of the shallow minded people on this issue. Over and over again they state that dowsing has been scientifically proven that it does not and could not work. Yet they have not posted a link to the scientific study that states dowsing does not work and could not possibility exist. Now as far as I have read Randi is not a scientist nor holds a PhD in any scientific field. So here is my challenge post your proof and keep your opinions to yourself unless someone ask you for yours…

Does not Wikepedia clearly state that the info posted on the site may be incorrect ? You feel free to post your opinion but deny others their freedom of speech. More double stardards and more rubbish talk.
You sell gold retrieving equipment Sell dowsing rods too or are you just interesting in making a quick sale?
tinpan

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lesjcbs said:
tinpan: Nice picture of gold in quartz. Come to where I live and lets see if your talk changes, P.I.C. or no P.I.C. detector. No matter what kind or how good of a detector one has, it will not beep on something that is not there. Thirty yards (90') for dowsing junk is more than double the 40' distance you talk about seeing gold glitter in a stream, no matter how you slice it.

Now, again I ask you: Yes or no, have you ever dowsed before?

so you say your location has no area history or location worth hunting. Well from the quick look at few sites i have looked at tells a different story to one you tell. How many chiness railway workers camps are there. The workers laid less than 2 miles of rail a day. gee lots of camps by what i can make out.Chiness worker also brought many things with them that would be considered treasure Opium weights, old cash coins, imperal pottery like green ginger jars. Tuson also had a large chiness population of more that 2000 chiness in 1880. Thats only one culture What else am i going to find i look hard enough. ARE YOU SO SURE THAT YOU KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT TREASUREHUNTING . AS you would say DAH DAH

Dumb as dog sh*T tinpan

OP
OP
lesjcbs

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
tinpan: Nice picture of gold in quartz. Come to where I live and lets see if your talk changes, P.I. or no P.I. detector.

What you are seeking tinpan is recognition and praise for the finds you have made as if you are the greatest treasure hunter to come along in recent times. Never mind the fact that what makes that possible for you is you live in a gold rich area. You prop that "GREAT TREASURE HUNTER" image up by comments about research etc. Perhaps you did some research and found where the Chinese diggings were.

Truth be told, if you lived where I live, your research will tell you there is little or no gold around here except in the form of rings on peoples fingers, and there certainly are no Chinese gold diggings of any kind. But, there are a few Chinese restaurants and that's all. Now, from my extensive scholarly University training for in depth research and complete verification and substantiating procedures on and about them, I can tell you for sure, I think they serve great tasting foods.

More dowsing finds on the way just for you tinpan to slobber over.

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lesjcbs said:
tinpan: Nice picture of gold in quartz. Come to where I live and lets see if your talk changes, P.I. or no P.I. detector.

What you are seeking tinpan is recognition and praise for the finds you have made as if you are the greatest treasure hunter to come along in recent times. Never mind the fact that what makes that possible for you is you live in a gold rich area. You prop that "GREAT TREASURE HUNTER" image up by comments about research etc. Perhaps you did some research and found where the Chinese diggings were.

Truth be told, if you lived where I live, your research will tell you there is little or no gold around here except in the form of rings on peoples fingers, and there certainly are no Chinese gold diggings of any kind. But, there are a few Chinese restaurants and that's all. Now, from my extensive scholarly University training for in depth research and complete verification and substantiating procedures on and about them, I can tell you for sure, I think they serve great tasting foods.

More dowsing finds on the way just for you tinpan to slobber over.

can you read ? I clearly wrote about the chiness labour gangs that help build the railways in your state.Where in my post did i say chiness dug for gold in your state ?? Nothing to say about my finds because if you had looked at some of the many other relics i posted you could have easily realized they came more that 700 miles from a gold feild with a simple google. You don,t smoke or drink but the MSG in chiness food will kill you. Your not about healthly lifestyle you where preaching again. This you "I can" "i will" "i am" Like blowing on our own horn but cannot back it up. Blowhard
I have never mention anything about myself other what i have found while hunting for treasure over many years. Yes i use a minelab gpx 4500 and have used other mds . they work and dowsing is plain rubbish. Your going to better or equal my finds when ??????? Never in a 1000 years By the way i got some finds today . what you got Let me guess just more BS claims

tinpan

OP
OP
lesjcbs

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Folks, when it comes to tinpan, two things are happening to him.

The first is a reduction in other skeptic's comments about his posts. It seems he is now mostly alone and doing their dirty work for them. That could possible be because of his post #90 and the foul and offensive tones in his posts. His post #90 sent their ship to the bottom. In short, they could be wishing he would just go away and play somewhere else, as he is not doing their cause any good at all. They keenly know: “You are known by the company you keep.” It's probably getting very annoying and embarrassing for them to have him hanging around with them.

I said it before and I will say it here again, I and I alone dictate the rules for my dowsing, not someone else, and that goes for tinpan. This is the second thing that is happening to him and it is grinding on him like nothing else. I will not let him dictate to me what the find rules are in my dowsing and I never will.

He wants very much for the focus to go from finding anything, including junk, to finding only things that are very valuable, as the only way to show that dowsing works or doesn't work. Well, that's not how things are. A dowsing find is a dowsing find is a dowsing find, no matter what it is and it will remain that way forever.

To bad for him. He'll just have to get used to it is all.

tinpan: Yes or no, have you ever dowsed?

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lesjcbs said:
Folks, when it comes to tinpan, two things are happening to him.

The first is a reduction in other skeptic's comments about his posts. It seems he is now mostly alone and doing their dirty work for them. That could possible be because of his post #90 and the foul and offensive tones in his posts. His post #90 sent their ship to the bottom. In short, they could be wishing he would just go away and play somewhere else, as he is not doing their cause any good at all. They keenly know: “You are known by the company you keep.” It's probably getting very annoying and embarrassing for them to have him hanging around with them.

I said it before and I will say it here again, I and I alone dictate the rules for my dowsing, not someone else, and that goes for tinpan. This is the second thing that is happening to him and it is grinding on him like nothing else. I will not let him dictate to me what the find rules are in my dowsing and I never will.

He wants very much for the focus to go from finding anything, including junk, to finding only things that are very valuable, as the only way to show that dowsing works or doesn't work. Well, that's not how things are. A dowsing find is a dowsing find is a dowsing find, no matter what it is and it will remain that way forever.

To bad for him. He'll just have to get used to it is all.

tinpan: Yes or no, have you ever dowsed?

You have got clear proof that theres an organised conspiracy against dowsing and i was or are a member.You have yet again repeated the same old claims PROVE IT

tinpan

OP
OP
lesjcbs

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
tinpan: Yes or no,have you ever dowsed?

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lesjcbs said:
tinpan: Yes or no,have you ever dowsed?

Many years ago during the great droughts we have had many farmers look too other means of income to get by. This included my father in law whos irragation farm was down on production due the reduced amount of water he was allowed to use.So for the extra income needes he would cut redgum fence posts and droppers and sell them to the larger farms in the in the dry country of New South Wales. the larger farms cover huge areas. Also to gain extra income they lease out areas to shooters and other groups. West of a place called Wilcannia we went with a truck full of red gum posts every march for years.The farmer there leased a section of land to a group of grass root hippys who looked for worthless gem stones for their cottage industries. made items like jewelry and other crafts items .The products where then sold to tourists who visit the hippy towns of the hinter-lands of eastern New South Wales. The lease held by the hippys was an old soldier settler claim that was not big enough to make a living . Just a run down homestead with a few sheds and all water was brought i by water tanker. The hippies only stayed lomg enough to get what they required and went back to the hitter land. Meet some interesting people when there. One year while dropping fence posts along the northern boundry fence , we noticed a couple of the hippys dowsing for water. They seemed to be excited that they had found a single source of underground water near the northern boundry.
According to them that was the only source of water on their lease. Well excuse me The hippy lease is on properity thats is part of the Great Australian Artesian basin. The largest underground water source of this type in the world, Covers 660,000 square miles. Seems the dowsing rods should have crossed over anywhere for hundreds of miles but they didn,t. Dowser was wrong and that proves water dowsing is fake just like treasure dowsers and junk dowser uses a md to find yard junk and claims other wise. What a joke.

tinpan

OP
OP
lesjcbs

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Tinpan: Wrong answer buddy.

If you fail one more time to answer my question straight up, from here on out IT WILL BE UNDERSTOOD BY ALL in this forum and string that you have never dowsed and therefore, you know absolutely nothing from personal experience about it and that yours is just talk.

Yes or no, have you ever dowsed?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread