Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lesjcbs said:
Tinpan: Wrong answer buddy.

If you fail one more time to answer my question straight up, from here on out IT WILL BE UNDERSTOOD BY ALL in this forum and string that you have never dowsed and therefore, you know absolutely nothing from personal experience about it and that yours is just talk.

Yes or no, have you ever dowsed?

I was talking to Les Priest and Kevin Hillier the other day They say you dowser are just full of it Dare to dispute with these poeple . Come on know it all dowsers Quick Google the names

tinpan :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9:

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lesjcbs said:

If you fail one more time to answer my question straight up, from here on out IT WILL BE UNDERSTOOD BY ALL in this forum and string that you have never dowsed and therefore, you know absolutely nothing from personal experience about it and that yours is just talk.

How about i come to States and we go to Vagas and look at the Hand of faith and then you can take me to Saltlake City to look at the ancient gold plates that j Smith found. They do exist or is that just like dowsing ????????????????

tinpan

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lesjcbs said:

Did John Deason or Richard Oates use dowsing to find the Welcome stranger NO Wonder why by dowser easy way claims and the existance of the idea of dowsing be around for a long time. They should have but they didn,t .Richard Oates is buried in graveyard at Marong, few miles from me Want to see a pic of his grave. All i say in HISTORICAL FACT you on the other hand have NOTHING.

Who are you too tamper with history by some useless load of rubbish that has no foundation of truth.

tinpan

OP
OP
lesjcbs

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Pocket dowsing L- Rods shown above. Whites Beach Comber, Bounty Hunter Sharp Shooter II, Whites TM 808, Canon 350D EOS Digital Rebel XT DSLR Camera.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
NOTICE TO EVERYONE: Because the person tinpan in this forum and in this string failed many times to answer a simple question which was: tinpan, have you ever dowsed, let it be known by one and all that because he did not answer yes or no, his silence testifies he knows nothing from personal experience about dowsing, and is therefore just talk and nothing more.

A word to tinpan is in order here. Even the Chinese would consider yours to be just empty talk. They correctly say that after one reads a book, to complete their learning, they need to walk the mile the book talks about. You have not done that but expect to be taken seriously.

As for Joseph Smith and where are the golden and brass plates today? He received them from an angel, was later endowed with the ability to translate them into what we know today as the “Book of Mormon.” After the translation was completed, the same angel took them back.

Now, if you are a Christian, you will have me believe that about 3600 years ago a guy by the name of Moses went up on top of a mountain where he received from the Lord two stone tablets upon which were written the 10 Commandments. Then you would have me believe they were later put into the Ark of the Covenant and from that time on, were kept out of and eventually disappeared from the skeptical sight of mankind. I ask you now, where is the Ark of the Covenant with the two stone tablets in them today?

Now you were not there with Moses and I was not there either. Neither were we there during Joseph Smiths time and events. However, twelve (12) other people were there and they saw and handled the plates and their testimonies are firmly fixed. Today, like the information written on those two stone tablets given to Moses 3600 years ago, you can read what was written on the plates given to Joseph Smith by simply reading the Book of Mormon.

So, you would have me believe and have the necessary faith to accept the story of Moses as being true but simply because the plates given to Joseph Smith are not available for your inspection, you doubt the story.

Joseph receiving plates with an ancient record on them form an Angel is just as plausible and possible as the story of Moses receiving stone tablets from the Lord on which were written the 10 commandments. In both cases you and I are required to accept these two stories, and many other accounts and events of the past on faith and faith only, or not at all.

I believe and have faith in the truth and validity of both stories.

This same principle of faith applies to all mankind; no matter what religion you practice. Like it or not, that's just how it is.

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lesjcbs said:
NOTICE TO EVERYONE: Because the person tinpan in this forum and in this string failed many times to answer a simple question which was: tinpan, have you ever dowsed, let it be known by one and all that because he did not answer yes or no, his silence testifies he knows nothing from personal experience about dowsing, and is therefore just talk and nothing more.

A word to tinpan is in order here. Even the Chinese would consider yours to be just empty talk. They correctly say that after one reads a book, to complete their learning, they need to walk the mile the book talks about. You have not done that but expect to be taken seriously.

As for Joseph Smith and where are the golden and brass plates today? He received them from an angel, was later endowed with the ability to translate them into what we know today as the “Book of Mormon.” After the translation was completed, the same angel took them back.

Now, if you are a Christian, you will have me believe that about 3600 years ago a guy by the name of Moses went up on top of a mountain where he received from the Lord two stone tablets upon which were written the 10 Commandments. Then you would have me believe they were later put into the Ark of the Covenant and from that time on, were kept out of and eventually disappeared from the skeptical sight of mankind. I ask you now, where is the Ark of the Covenant with the two stone tablets in them today?

Now you were not there with Moses and I was not there either. Neither were we there during Joseph Smiths time and events. However, twelve (12) other people were there and they saw and handled the plates and their testimonies are firmly fixed. Today, like the information written on those two stone tablets given to Moses 3600 years ago, you can read what was written on the plates given to Joseph Smith by simply reading the Book of Mormon.

So, you would have me believe and have the necessary faith to accept the story of Moses as being true but simply because the plates given to Joseph Smith are not available for your inspection, you doubt the story.

Joseph receiving plates with an ancient record on them form an Angel is just as plausible and possible as the story of Moses receiving stone tablets from the Lord on which were written the 10 commandments. In both cases you and I are required to accept these two stories, and many other accounts and events of the past on faith and faith only, or not at all.

This same principle of faith applies to all mankind; no matter what religion you practice. Like it or not, that's just how it is.
Today is the sabbath in the states , doesn,t your religion have strong believes on what one does on Sundays. here you are on TN debating dowsing which has what to do with the sabbath. Sounds like hypocrisy to me

tinpan

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lesjcbs said:

The Dead Sea scolls and the Rosetta stone are to great finds that helped translate ancient texts from the middle east area. Where are the plates????? Millions of poeple have seen the Rosetta stone and anyone can go see it.

What other religions in the world believes in the Book of Mormon ?

tinpan

Saturna

Bronze Member
May 24, 2008
Nanaimo, B.C. Canada
Detector(s) used
White's 4900 DL Max, Tesoro Deleon
lesjcbs said:

Haha, have YOU ever tried to fly by flapping your arms ? How do you not know, if you've not tried ?

I know you can't fly with your arms, do you need to try to see it ?

OP
OP
lesjcbs

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Pocket dowsing L- Rods shown above. Whites Beach Comber, Bounty Hunter Sharp Shooter II, Whites TM 808, Canon 350D EOS Digital Rebel XT DSLR Camera.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Tinpan: I warned you before that if you slammed my religion, I would put you on ignore. This is a dowsing forum and string, not a forum and string about religions and beliefs.

Here is a picture of three things I dowsed just a few minutes ago. A 1964 nickel, and two pieces of trash. I'm sure you'll enjoy them as they were all found while dowsing, which is something that according to you shouldn't happen under any circumstances or with any target. But it did.

More pictures of dowsing finds coming soon. I know you will be watching and I'm sure you'll enjoy them immensely too.

You blew it with your post #90. You'll just have to live with it is all. I now have you on ignore.

To Art, OKI, 10claw, tropical tramp, and Ed: I mentioned the other day when I posted my last picture, that it was one of the worst days that I have had dowsing. I now know why. At a critical point in my dowsing, I went straight ahead when I should have started turning to the left. When my right rod starts to swing to the left, I need to start turning to the left also. This I didn't do but was thinking I'm going to do it my way or not at all. So it was not at all. Bad habits, even in dowsing, produces bad results.

Attachments

• S5300389.JPG
    S5300389.JPG
    139.3 KB · Views: 135

EddieR

Mar 1, 2005
Madisonville, TN
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, MXT,..Tesoro Vaquero, Silver UMax, Compadre, Tejon,..BH LandRanger..Pioneer 505.. GC1023..Teknetics Delta 4000, Gamma 6000, Eurotek Pro..Fisher F2, F4, F5, F70
lesjcbs said:

Isn't it humorous that he now finds it necessary to attack you personally? Probably because he knows he has NO credibility.

I've seen a better exhibition of class in my cat's litter box than what he is showing.

Truly pitiful.

SouthJerseyJim

Jan 8, 2009
Nova Cæsarea
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 LTD 13" Detech
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Class? Les is like a small child that didnt get his was so blasted him on todays finds.
To me that is zero class. Have I dowsed? Hell no thats what my metal detector is for.
Les why do you keep posting pieces of tinfoil?I dont understand how tinfoil = dowsing is
scientificly true. Where is your proof Les¿ Have you made any videos of your digs? Instead
of acting like a 4 year old why dont you post a vid of you finding a spot, walking the spot
with your rods and digging a hole to extract the treasured pieces of tinfoil and maybe you
wouldnt have to defend this "hobby" of yours so much. Look on todays finds those people have
tons of scientific proof of their digs and finds. All we ask is for some proof in return.

EddieR

Mar 1, 2005
Madisonville, TN
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, MXT,..Tesoro Vaquero, Silver UMax, Compadre, Tejon,..BH LandRanger..Pioneer 505.. GC1023..Teknetics Delta 4000, Gamma 6000, Eurotek Pro..Fisher F2, F4, F5, F70
SouthJerseyJim said:
Class? Les is like a small child that didnt get his was so blasted him on todays finds.
To me that is zero class. Have I dowsed? Hell no thats what my metal detector is for.
Les why do you keep posting pieces of tinfoil?I dont understand how tinfoil = dowsing is
scientificly true. Where is your proof Les¿ Have you made any videos of your digs? Instead
of acting like a 4 year old why dont you post a vid of you finding a spot, walking the spot
with your rods and digging a hole to extract the treasured pieces of tinfoil and maybe you
wouldnt have to defend this "hobby" of yours so much. Look on todays finds those people have
tons of scientific proof of their digs and finds. All we ask is for some proof in return.

How is he acting like a four year old? He just posted pics of his finds....just like others have. I've also seen quite a few pics that detectorists posted that included......pulltabs.

So...by the reasoning you are using in your post, how does pulltabs=metal detecting? Silly, right?

Besides, (and I have asked this in the past of others and never got a decent answer....hopefully you can give one.....) just because science doesn't "recognize" something, does that mean it doesn't exist? Can anyone prove that every scientist in the world claims that dowsing is not real? If they can, I would LOVE to see that proof.

Look at the scientist Lord Kelvin: supposedly a brilliant scientist, and yet he claimed x-rays were a hoax....airplanes were an impossibility.....and radio had no future. I've wondered for years how someone that was so smart could be so dumb at the same time.

SouthJerseyJim

Jan 8, 2009
Nova Cæsarea
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 LTD 13" Detech
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
How did he act like a child?

Re: I forgot to mention.
Reply To This Topic #54 Posted Jul 25, 2011, 07:04:15 AM
SWR: That’s three times. You are now out of time for answering my simple question.

From here on out, I am going to ignore you and will not respond to any of your posts. It’s seems you believe nothing, hope for nothing, and have faith in even less. The irony of it is you are clearly smarter than this. Perhaps if you shifted your energy and efforts to a more positive outlook on things, you could be a fantastic and outstanding mentor for many. You might consider getting professional counseling to see what the fix might be. BYE.

I remember back grade school acting like this. Les probably stomped his feet around and cried like a little priss when SWR refused to answer his trick question. Then he ingnore him. But followed up posts he asked what he was saying and requested quotations. That is just comical. How can anyone take this guy seriously.

How can you guys look at a map and say "Theres a cache of gold coins here 2 feet deep."??? I mean cmon now. First off how do you know its gold, how do you know its more than one coin, and how could you possibly know how deep. Every Map I see you guys doodle on has gold and silver coin caches. Don't you think if this was real you wouldn't be on a forum showing off your aluminum shards, but instead sleeping on hundred dollar bills, sipping margharitas in the carribean silently laughing at the world of suckers?

Science can not prove it. Sure, it does't mean it's not possible. Are ghosts real? Sure I think that's possible seen a lot of things I can't explain. What Les is basically saying is that dowsing is some kind of supernatural gift. A 7th sense have you.
The problem is you "dowsers" will never be able to validate anything. Just like validating bigfoot or ufo's. Is water everywhere? Nah not everywhere but theres a good chance that randomly digging somewhere you will probably find some.

I know of a few places I metal detect If I dig a hole I will find something metal, iron, aluminum whatever it will be there.
So dowsing should really be called "HTARCIIDHHTWBSITGTND" Hypothetically Theres A Random Chance If I Dig Here There Will Be Something In The Ground Thats Not Dirt. So don't get all butt hurt about your hobby. Because people don't "Get It" for good reason. Just be happy you have a hobby. There could be worse things, like Tarrot Card reading :tongue3: (Similiar Hobby)

EddieR

Mar 1, 2005
Madisonville, TN
Detector(s) used
SouthJerseyJim said:
How did he act like a child?

Re: I forgot to mention.
Reply To This Topic #54 Posted Jul 25, 2011, 07:04:15 AM
SWR: That’s three times. You are now out of time for answering my simple question.

From here on out, I am going to ignore you and will not respond to any of your posts. It’s seems you believe nothing, hope for nothing, and have faith in even less. The irony of it is you are clearly smarter than this. Perhaps if you shifted your energy and efforts to a more positive outlook on things, you could be a fantastic and outstanding mentor for many. You might consider getting professional counseling to see what the fix might be. BYE.

I remember back grade school acting like this. Les probably stomped his feet around and cried like a little priss when SWR refused to answer his trick question. Then he ingnore him. But followed up posts he asked what he was saying and requested quotations. That is just comical. How can anyone take this guy seriously.

How can you guys look at a map and say "Theres a cache of gold coins here 2 feet deep."??? I mean cmon now. First off how do you know its gold, how do you know its more than one coin, and how could you possibly know how deep. Every Map I see you guys doodle on has gold and silver coin caches. Don't you think if this was real you wouldn't be on a forum showing off your aluminum shards, but instead sleeping on hundred dollar bills, sipping margharitas in the carribean silently laughing at the world of suckers?

Science can not prove it. Sure, it does't mean it's not possible. Are ghosts real? Sure I think that's possible seen a lot of things I can't explain. What Les is basically saying is that dowsing is some kind of supernatural gift. A 7th sense have you.
The problem is you "dowsers" will never be able to validate anything. Just like validating bigfoot or ufo's. Is water everywhere? Nah not everywhere but theres a good chance that randomly digging somewhere you will probably find some.

I know of a few places I metal detect If I dig a hole I will find something metal, iron, aluminum whatever it will be there.
So dowsing should really be called "HTARCIIDHHTWBSITGTND" Hypothetically Theres A Random Chance If I Dig Here There Will Be Something In The Ground Thats Not Dirt. So don't get all butt hurt about your hobby. Because people don't "Get It" for good reason. Just be happy you have a hobby. There could be worse things, like Tarrot Card reading :tongue3: (Similiar Hobby)

I think it's obvious that some people can do it and some people can't. Read the "Best Finds" thread about his dowsing. Not only does he tell his story, but many others tell theirs too. Which seems to show that there are a lot of people that dowse or at least believe it can be done...many more than are posting in the dowsing forum.

Myself, I can't map dowse. I tried it and couldn't do it. BUT....I didn't really practice it either. It's very possible that it is a latent ability that is in everyone and some can naturally tap into it quicker than others. Kinda like musical talent. I play guitar, and can listen to a song a few times then sit down and play it. But I can't read music at all, and I never took a lesson.

But, back to the gist of the matter, I post on the topic because I hate to see people belittled for their beliefs. If what they are doing is not hurting anyone, and they are having a good time, why in the world do people "condemn" them for it? So science doesn't believe it. So what? Some people have trouble believing it. So what? All people are saying (whether they realize it or not) is that dowsing doesn't fit into their beliefs. So?

I say let people do what they enjoy as long as it hurts no one.

SouthJerseyJim

Jan 8, 2009
Nova Cæsarea
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 LTD 13" Detech
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
And If Les was as well mannered/spoken as you Im sure no one else would have any problems either. You sure could teach him a thing or two Eddie :icon_thumleft:

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
~SouthJerseyJim~
And If Les was as well mannered/spoken as you Im sure no one else would have any problems either. You sure could teach him a thing or two Eddie

I can clearly see that you have not read the threads..Les is a Dowser.
Read Me First

Posted Jun 05, 2005, 11:32:18 AM

This forum is limited to the discussion of simple, inexpensive (or FREE!) devices and techniques. That means NO discussion of electrical devices of any kind. Feel free to discuss L-rods, Spanish dip needles, map dowsing, and other dowsing related subjects.

It is my understanding that the Conventional Metal Detectors are an electrical device

SouthJerseyJim

Jan 8, 2009
Nova Cæsarea
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 LTD 13" Detech
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hey Art.
Les is something not sure if "dowser" was the word I was thinking of. He gives you guys a bad name.
I've actually been reading a lot of threads and understanding this hobby a little more. Had no clue it tied with psychic abilities and what not. Very interesting. If I can put my Metal detector and fishing rod down for a minute I just my give it a try. So Art if you can find silver and gold could you use your skill to find missing persons? Now THAT would be a neat use of your ability.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
~SouthJerseyJim~
So Art if you can find silver and gold could you use your skill to find missing persons? Now THAT would be a neat use of your ability.
I have Dowsed for animals with good success...I Dowsed for the missing famous pilot a few years back here in Nevada....I sent the information to the proper people..I think I could have saved his life but we are just a joke to most people..So..I will not do that again...Art

OP
OP
lesjcbs

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey Art. According to JerseyJim I “give you guys a bad name.” I am sorry for doing that simply by Posting my dowsing finds according to tinpans request at Post #90.

JerseyJim: It's good you are reading about dowsing to understand it more. That's exactly what I did in the beginningou, and believe it or not, I was more of a skeptic at the time than what you are now. Then after a while I decided to find out for myself if it works. So I got me a pair of rods and bingo. That's great you plan to do the same by giving it a try.

BTW, thanks for telling me all you are asking for is proof through a video. That's just a round about way of saying all my posts of junk I found while dowsing that I posted in this string, which is the proof tinpan wanted, are all lies. Well, they are proof dowsing works. You just have to find out for yourself is all.

Also, I never asked anyone to post quotes of SWR or anyone else I have on ignore as if I really wanted to secretly see them. In fact I wish they would not but it's their choice. But when they do post a quote, I can see it. You now know the truth.

BTW, it was Einstein who pointed to characteristics in our nervous system that makes dowsing possible. Here is what he said: "I know very well that many scientists consider dowsing as they do astrology, as a type of ancient superstition. According to my conviction this is, however, unjustified. The dowsing rod is a simple instrument which shows the reaction of the human nervous system to certain factors which are unknown to us at this time."

I see nothing spooky or supernatural about what he is saying here. Do you?

EddieR

Mar 1, 2005
Madisonville, TN
Detector(s) used
SouthJerseyJim said:
And If Les was as well mannered/spoken as you Im sure no one else would have any problems either. You sure could teach him a thing or two Eddie :icon_thumleft:

Aww, shucks......yer makin' me blush! ;D

Seriously though, when I feel like I'm being belittled I jump right in the ring like everyone else. It really gets old when the skeptical ones keep demanding scientific proof, whether it be video or pics, when we all know that both can be easily faked. So they are not useful as proof. Interesting, yes...but not proof. I mean, what is "scientific proof"? It's just a theory that is currently believed to be true, but may change at any time due to new discoveries. And why are those discoveries made? Because not all researchers/scientists believe the current "scientific proof"!

Just watch...someone will post a vid or pics on here and the cry will immediately be "FAKE"!!!

So seriously, whats the use? I and others have said repeatedly to skeptics: Just try it for yourself and see. Maybe it will work and maybe not. Maybe it will work on the first try, maybe it will take weeks to develop the talent. But without serious study, how can something be deemed as fake?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread