Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
List of things that can't be used to kill you

Saw another post about banning everything that can be used to kill you.

There aren't too many that can't.....marshmallows? no, jam a fist full down someone's throat and choke them.

pencil.....no, stab them through the eye into the brain.

wet noodles? ........not if they are in a big scalding vat and you threw someone in.

paper?.........nasty paper cut to the wrists could kill.

A little help?

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007

There aren't too many that can't.....marshmallows? no, jam a fist full down someone's throat and choke them.

wet noodles? ........not if they are in a big scalding vat and you threw someone in.

A little help?

Dental Floss...?

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
EDUCATION.:occasion14:

Education derives from the verb educe, which means "to draw forth from within." The original teaching method of Socrates of drawing from within has been largely displaced by professorial deference to received scholarly authority. Students are taught how to take exams but not how to think, write or find their own path.

Education,it's a killer if you ask me.

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster Pro, Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Other

A little help?

I have to disagree with several of these.

1. Marshmallows do not kill in that situation. The person jamming the marshmallows down the throat is the killer. Sound familiar? Or does the guns don't kill people thingy only apply to guns?

2. Wet noodles would not be the killer. The scalding vat of water (whatever) would be the killer.

3. There is no way you could kill yourself with a paper cut to the wrist. If you can find one example of this anywhere online (from a reputable source) I will eat my hat.

Concluding thoughts: Pencils are bad mamma jammas; other then that, nothing you said makes any sense.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
The newspaper! In counterintelligence training, one of the methods to take out a "target" while walking down the street in the opposite direction is to use a rolled up newspaper to hit them in the throat. You wouldn't believe how many ways they are trained to kill. Frank

111-1 profileblk.jpg

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
worldtalker,

I tend to agree.....the Socratic method is the best approach.....I know when I was mentoring the rookies in marketing at work....I rarely gave them the answer.....I tried to push them to think for themselves....rather than trying some magic formula or some such.....a lot of what works or doesn't work is situation specific.....and that applies to a lot of professions, etc.....no necessarily one size fits all solutions.

Regards + HH

Bill

Education derives from the verb educe, which means "to draw forth from within." The original teaching method of Socrates of drawing from within has been largely displaced by professorial deference to received scholarly authority. Students are taught how to take exams but not how to think, write or find their own path.

Education,it's a killer if you ask me.

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have to disagree with several of these.

1. Marshmallows do not kill in that situation. The person jamming the marshmallows down the throat is the killer. Sound familiar? Or does the guns don't kill people thingy only apply to guns?

2. Wet noodles would not be the killer. The scalding vat of water (whatever) would be the killer.

3. There is no way you could kill yourself with a paper cut to the wrist. If you can find one example of this anywhere online (from a reputable source) I will eat my hat.

Concluding thoughts: Pencils are bad mamma jammas; other then that, nothing you said makes any sense.

A flash drive embedded in a copy of "Code of Federal Regulations, Title 12, Banks and Banking." Then there is paper craft. As with kites, the vast majority of altered paper is harmless. Some officials tend to look the other way when toilet paper is crafted into chess pieces (using an age-old prison paper mâchè recipe of toilet paper and water: wetted, molded, dried and wetted again). But where a rook and a knight have an innocuous purpose, the same manipulation of toilet paper can be used to make a deadly knife, called a "shank," which, it is said, can disappear with a flush. The vast majority of shanks are made from toothbrushes and the rest from found metal, glass and hardened plastic. The paper shank, while it exists, is mostly mythological, a page out of prison lore, and it might be that one toilet paper shank spawned a thousand metaphorical cuts.

Prospecting P.

Mar 1, 2013
Port Townsend - Tacoma, Washington
Detector(s) used
dowsing rods
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
now i'll be watching for rolled up newspapers and fists full of marshmellows. i've got a friend that got stabbed in the hand with a pencil back in high school, the tip broke off and it was pretty bad lol

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
worldtalker,

I tend to agree.....the Socratic method is the best approach.....I know when I was mentoring the rookies in marketing at work....I rarely gave them the answer.....I tried to push them to think for themselves....rather than trying some magic formula or some such.....a lot of what works or doesn't work is situation specific.....and that applies to a lot of professions, etc.....no necessarily one size fits all solutions.

Regards + HH

Bill

Bill,Sadly schools don't want self thinkers,just a head full of names,dates,places stuffed like a sausage,and they say 'children are our future',now that is SCARY.

LuckyThirteen08

Sep 17, 2012
Grundy VA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F4, Teknetics Delta 4000,Teknetics Omega 8000,Teknetics Gamma 6000,Minelab Pro-Find 25 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Virtually anything on this earth can be used to kill, Even a cottonball could kill someone,Something as simple as an allergic reaction to cotton could kill a person! You can think of ways to use anything on this planet for uses other than what they were intended!

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
now i'll be watching for rolled up newspapers and fists full of marshmellows. i've got a friend that got stabbed in the hand with a pencil back in high school, the tip broke off and it was pretty bad lol

Well, I stabbed a kid (boy). in the hand, who bullied me in the first grade; never saw him in school after that. Reckon he died or something. Also beat up a kid in church "kid class"... HE never came back; his parents did for while (to church). Saying is true... "don't PO the "DEAF" kid; he/she MAY "go off on you". (I am 1/2 deaf)...

Backbacon

Bronze Member
Sep 17, 2012
Da North Eh?
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Can you die from a paper cut

There you go, Crispin.....start eating.

Here is the answer that your link provided "Indeed you can, The peice of paper might have an infectious desiese that you can die from:o"
As you can see from the spelling errors this person can not be a reliable source for anything. Read it carefully and anyone can see that it would be the "disease" resulting in the fatality and not the "cut" itself. The only reasonable scenario with a paper cut resulting in death would be if someone with Hemophilia had been cut. The end result would be death by lack of the blood clotting due to the person having Hemophilia. That being said, the persons lack of ability of their blood to clot would be the reason for death and not the "cut" itself. This scenario would unlikely be very plausible as well, which results in no hat eating for Crispin.

Last edited:

Backbacon

Bronze Member
Sep 17, 2012
Da North Eh?
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Dental Floss...?

Believe it or not, dental floss has been responsible for inmate deaths at some prisons. I can remember one instance where an inmate used dental floss to decapitate his cell mate.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Believe it or not, dental floss has been responsible for inmate deaths at some prisons. I can remember one instance where an inmate used dental floss to decapitate his cell mate.

I was thinking of WET Dental Floss; what you say, IS possible. If WET Dental Floss has LOTS of viruses... MANY possibilities!

MAYBE, we need to start a NEW "thread" on NATURAL Self Defense TECH... I would start with SPIT!

Last edited:

LuckyThirteen08

Sep 17, 2012
Grundy VA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F4, Teknetics Delta 4000,Teknetics Omega 8000,Teknetics Gamma 6000,Minelab Pro-Find 25 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This thread reminds me of Keen Mountain Correctional Center in late 2006

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread