Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
I recall cleaning channels when I was a kid
you nail their head to a stump, cut around the head, then peel the skin off with pliers
then you can gut em

I've seen it done like that.

The fisherman's version of pin the tail on the donkey !! Nail the bullhead to the stump !!

That's a good one!

I've only helped clean walleye. My job is to zipper 'em. After the filet is cut, I cut a little slice and then rip the spine off like a zipper.
Oh, and when I worked at LJS 35 +/- years ago, I cleaned the mud veins out of shrimp.
Last year I made a killer catfish bait for the grandsons.
Flour, oatmeal, moldy cheese, shad that I let age outside for a couple days, dead shiners the bass had chased onto the bank, chicken liver, and my secret ingredient: our fish food. They loved it. They used it for weeks. It grossed my daughter out because it kept getting maggots in it. The boys didn't care.

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We get a little assembly line going. Once the fish are fileted, then we vacum pack , then off to the deep freeze. I do all the vacum packing and freezer packing most of the time. But we change jobs to keep it interesting. Sometimes it takes up to half the next day to clean the fish when we catch a lot.

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
We get a little assembly line going. Once the fish are fileted, then we vacum pack , then off to the deep freeze. I do all the vacum packing and freezer packing most of the time. But we change jobs to keep it interesting. Sometimes it takes up to half the next day to clean the fish when we catch a lot.

what if you have a charter scheduled the next day? Or do you plan for that?

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
I've been searching all over for these pics and pretty much gave up on them. These are from one of my husband's adventures. Blak Bart, the scenery may look familiar to you.

mikes camera 2014 037.JPG

mikes camera 2014 035.JPG

mikes camera 2014 055.JPG

mikes camera 2014 056.JPG

mikes camera 2014 079.JPG

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey.......thats my backyard !! Southern stingray, cobia, nurse or lemon shark, and our old buddy mr. Goliath grouper !! Very nice !! Bet your man had a great time down here. Awsome pics wrightdigger, thanks for sharing. Make sure you pm me if you guys ever come back. I can help you eat some of that cobia next time !!

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
photo-710.JPG tuna, and wahoo. Nice box of fish with a good brine of ice and salt water. Salt water and ice will get below freezing. Makes your fish nice and firm for cutting . all these fish are good sushi fish !!

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
photo-711.JPG me and my boys taking a shot with my brother in laws beer. Its been a whirlwind success down here !! So it was great to give some away to my boys in harbour island bahamas !!

Sandog

Bronze Member
Nov 27, 2017
Treasure coast
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
2017-08-21 14.52.28.jpg

Had to post when I saw this thread about my other hobby. My first Snook from the kayak. 32" exactly. Unfortunately it was September. Caught another slightly smaller about 20 minutes later. Caught these at Bear Point Sanctuary, just south of Ft Pierce. Great place to wade or kayak.

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Alright sandog......nice snook !! You have the honor of posting the first snook !!! I too have recently got into the whole kyak fishing thing. Got my first tarpon over 100 this spring. It was a heck of a Nantucket sleigh ride. I got a kyak from west marine and it is one of the best things I ever bought !! 4 rod holders built in and it treasure hunts as well as it fishes. Cheap, easy to paddle, and big enough to hold all my gear and then some. I love it !! Congrats on the snook and thanks for posting. photo-60.JPG here it is set up for diving lobster/treasure.

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
photo-713.JPG
photo-714.JPG
Wahoo dolphin bahamas. Call the female dolphin cows, males are bulls. This is a cow. Smaller wahoo but lots of color and pattern left. Lots of dinner in that dolphin.

Sandog

Bronze Member
Nov 27, 2017
Treasure coast
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Blak Bart. Yep, the kayaking is fun, fishing from the kayak even more fun. Now I need to combine with detecting and try to hit some of the little islands on the Indian River, between the big barrier islands and the mainland. And fish while I'm there. We're living the dream, eh?

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well......we just sold are big boat ! Its been ten years with the old girl and id be lying if I said I wasnt worried about my job !! Im gonna miss the old girl, many a great fish and good time was had by all !! End of one fishing era and beginning of a new one is to come. photo-343.JPG
photo-344.JPG I have a fresh offer as deck boss/first mate on a sword, shark, and grouper longline boat. Ill have to wait for the build to get done first though. Well see what the future holds maybe ill stay on board for the new boat, who knows what theyll offer. Boss says im not going anywhere, but well see ???

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Check out the dual ex cals in the right side of the boat in the top pic. My treasure hunting command center is gone !!! What am I gonna do now !! Noooooo !!

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
photo-318.JPG
Bull shark, jaw mount on driftwood.

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Well......we just sold are big boat ! Its been ten years with the old girl and id be lying if I said I wasnt worried about my job !! Im gonna miss the old girl, many a great fish and good time was had by all !! End of one fishing era and beginning of a new one is to come. View attachment 1528622
View attachment 1528623 I have a fresh offer as deck boss/first mate on a sword, shark, and grouper longline boat. Ill have to wait for the build to get done first though. Well see what the future holds maybe ill stay on board for the new boat, who knows what theyll offer. Boss says im not going anywhere, but well see ???

View attachment 1529330
Bull shark, jaw mount on driftwood.

From what I've seen over the years....
If a boss says you ain't going anywhere, then you have been a valuable employee. You may even get a raise out of it.

Fisherman's art...sweet! :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
photo-1537.JPG
Thanks for the postive words wrightdigger.

Merry Christmas to all from the michelini family !!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions