10 Silver, 69 Wheats, New Hunt Video!! "UPDATE: Video 2 Just Added"

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
10 Silver, 69 Wheats, New Hunt Video!! "UPDATE: Video 2 Just Added"

Hello Fellow Tnetters,

From following this weekend's posts, it sure looks like many of you are making some great finds out there. Hope everyone who's been couped up in their homes for the past few months due to weather can get out there and enjoy this great hobby!! Last week here in S. CA was very beautiful. It was in the 70's, with partly cloudy skies. On Tuesday, I went out on a group hunt with a couple of my weekly hunting buds. My buddy, Jon(goldenapples) brought his video camera and captured quite a bit of film from many of our digs that day. It was a good day for all. I ended up with 3 silver (though not as old as I was hoping for), along with 12 wheats. All were captured on film. I ended the week with 10 silvers (9 dimes, including a '16S merc and 1 sterling religious pendant), along with 69 wheaties (teens through 50's).

The film is a compilation of some of our digs. I want to thank Jon for taking the time to film and edit this compilation. I know it took hours to edit and upload all the clips. He did a great job!!! :thumbsup: He said all the clips were too long to fit on one video, so when I get a couple other individual clips from him, I will post them here for all to view. This vid is about 17 minutes long, so sit back when you have time and enjoy the film. Also, for you SE :newbie:'s, the film will provide you with a better understanding of the way deep coins sound and what to listen for when you're out there hunting in the turf. It also shows that some of those deep coins that sound like silver don't always turn out to be silver :icon_scratch:, but you gotta dig them.

Thanks for reading and watching the film!!

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

Here's some 8-9"+ signals....

Attachments

• IMG_2525.JPG
    IMG_2525.JPG
    70.6 KB · Views: 1,140
Upvote 0

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL
Re: 10 Silver, 69 Wheats, New Hunt Video!! "UPDATE: Video 2 Just Added"

Dan, what's up, my man? I see that you are still sweeping with the passion! You have made your wilver carrying ancestas proud, dude!

The vids were awesome as well. Damn, Dan, you know how to dig those deep wilves (wilvers). :tongue3: :D

I bet a new Explorer user will be studying up on those tones. :wink: :icon_scratch: :D

Keep the passion high, my friend from SoCal! :)

Kirk :coffee2: :thumbsup:

Rob66

Bronze Member
Jun 30, 2006
California
Detector(s) used
Whites new coinmaster-Teso Silver Max-Minelab GT

Nice....thanks for sharing.How much to join your club. mate????
:tongue3:

rich160

Oct 13, 2007

Excellent vids Dan, always enjoy hunting thru you and your buds. Ground still frozen here but won't be long before it thaws. Will be in CA in a few weeks, maybe I can get some pointers from you and Val again. Forgot everything. :icon_scratch: need to do more :icon_study:

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Dan, Dan, Dan. You Sir are the Silver King!!! Maybe SE stands for Silver Expert? ??? :D :wink:
Thanks to both of you guys for the videos. I love em'.
Congrats Dude,
Doug

Jack(IN)

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS-2, Garrett Ace 250

Great post and the video's are awesome!!

Kas

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Mx sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nice vid and digs. You guys are awesome.

RaptorSE

Sep 13, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE SunRay X-1

Awesome videos ! I had a case of Deja Vu watching those. I dug a bunch of Wheats today
that sounded great, but didnt score any silver this go'round. It was nice to see some come
out of the ground !! Good job you guys.

OP
OP
Captn SE

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils

Way to go Dan. This is the best video yet...especially for new hunters wanting to know what silver sounds like when it's deeper or mixed in with something. It also shows that we ALL dig some "stinkin Lincolns" when looking for the deepies. Sometimes they sound just like silver so you gotta' dig 'em. Nice job buddy
Thanks, Bryce. Appreciate the comments. Hope you can get out there again soon. Your last trip was very good.

Always love silver...Great video, great new ways to show real hunting.
There should be a video section on the forum...
Thanks, Chrisplay2004. Actually, there is a video section on the forum. If I didn't post my finds on this thread, the moderators would have put this in the video instructional area of Tnet.

Thanks daytondigger, civilman, poppa19, Rob66.

Excellent vids Dan, always enjoy hunting thru you and your buds. Ground still frozen here but won't be long before it thaws. Will be in CA in a few weeks, maybe I can get some pointers from you and Val again. Forgot everything. need to do more
Thanks Dick. Good to hear from you. So, it's still frozen in your neck of the woods, huh? I always reminisce about my trip with Jay and Val to your town. It was so much fun! Please let me know when you will be over here. We can join up and hunt.

Dan, Dan, Dan. You Sir are the Silver King!!! Maybe SE stands for Silver Expert?
Thanks to both of you guys for the videos. I love em'.
Congrats Dude,
Doug
Thanks, Doug. Appreciate the accolades. If you ever get one of those Explorers, I will train you to Silver Expert status!!

Dan, what's up, my man? I see that you are still sweeping with the passion! You have made your wilver carrying ancestas proud, dude!
The vids were awesome as well. Damn, Dan, you know how to dig those deep wilves (wilvers).
I bet a new Explorer user will be studying up on those tones.
Keep the passion high, my friend from SoCal!
Kirk
Kirk, my friend, how are things going for you? I know you've been busy at work. Glad you like the vids of Deep Wilver!! There's quite a few new Explorer users on the forum. I'm sure these vids helped them tremendously. Take care, buddy. Talk soon!! :thumbsup:

Thanks, Jack, Kas, pj4566.

Awesome videos ! I had a case of Deja Vu watching those. I dug a bunch of Wheats today
that sounded great, but didnt score any silver this go'round. It was nice to see some come
out of the ground !! Good job you guys.
Thanks, Jay!! I'm glad you got out there and dug some wheats. You are definitely on your way to digging the elusive silver!! Keep me up to date on how you are doing!!

Thanks everyone,

CAPTN SE
Dan

Stormtrooper154

Bronze Member
Nov 27, 2006
Portland, OR
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE

WTG on the finds and the video. I really enjoy watching you guys still pulling silver out of your parks.

pointdlr

Sep 30, 2007
Cincinnati, Ohio

Dan and Company,
Thanks for the great videos. My wife thought I was crazy sitting down in a trance watching them. I must be getting somewhere with the machine, b/c I understood everything in the video and thought I searched about the same.
I did notice that pinpointing was done very fast or sometimes not at all. I have noticed lately that the pinpoint mode gives a more accurate target id on deep signals. Have you guys noticed this? Is this a valid observation? Here in Ohio, I am stuck looking for extremely deep targets(minimun of 8" if you want to think silver), and the decision whether to dig or not is sometimes made in the pinpoint mode.
Regards,
Jon Dickinson
www.prehistoricartifacts.com

Gonehunting

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2007
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CURRENTLY USING: Minelab Go-Find 60, Nokta Fors CoRe, Macro Racer, Whites MXT All Pro, Fisher F19, Garrett AT Gold, Minelab CTX3030, XP Deus.
USED: Garrett ATX, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab E-Trac, Minelab
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Guys, great video, makes me want to go right now. Thanks for the video and if you have more pm or let me know I would like to watch them...thanks GH :wav:

Johnny Ringo Silver

Dec 6, 2007
KANSAS
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE and Sunray probe

Hey Dan, Well done you guys on a fine day of digging!! Thats a nice 8 and 3/4 silvers in the pic there you pulled up. The weather is finally turning to the warmer and better here in kansas and i'm chomping at the bit to get out.
Your video is giving me my fix until I can get out and dig my own so I appreciate that you guy got it recorded and posted. I'll try and give you some competition in the near future!! Keep up the great work. Johnny 8)

John Deere Digger

Bronze Member
Aug 26, 2007
So Illinois
Detector(s) used
DFX, Prism5, Minelab SE

Great looking coins. Thanks for the video, really helps out us newbees.
JDD

Green1

Silver Member
Mar 20, 2006
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Mxt 6x10 coil Massachusetts

great vid !!! i'll always be a mxt user, but it's great to see how excited others get when they hit silver !! :) :) :) :)

oddcoins

Bronze Member
Jun 21, 2006
Eugene Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab eTrac ~ DetectorPro Pocket Uniprobe

Nice finds! The videos were great! The next best thing to actually being there with you! VERY EXCITING!!

goldenapples

Aug 23, 2007
So.California
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE Sunray X-1 Probe Sunray Gold Phones

Dan, great collection of old coinage bud :thumbsup:

weasel606

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2007
West Virginia, USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70 ,Bounty Hunter Landstar, Garrett ACE 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Awesome digs and loved the videos :thumbsup: congrats :wink:

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

It worked !! After installing it 3 times, giving up and trying later, it worked !! :icon_scratch: Great find, great video, great hunt, great hunting partners. WTG !! :thumbsup:

Keep @ it and HH!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread