10 Silver!! 8 Silver in 2 hrs today ~ 1903 Injun ~ 27 Wheats!!

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
Hello My Friends!

I'm starting to see more of my Tnet buds starting to get out there and swing their coils for the first time in a while. The weather must be making a change for the better for some of you. That's good news! :thumbsup:

Today was one of those days that didn't start out very well, but finished with a bang!! I decided to take a drive to a park that I had only found 3 silver at last year, and 8 silver back in '07. I figured if I could get a couple of silver coins and some wheats, that I'd be coming home happy. This park has been pounded by detector clubs all the way back to the mid 80's. For an hour and a half, all I had was some clad, and was then just hoping to find a couple oldies. I started to walk back down a slope to my car when I got a 4" silver signal. Sure enough, at 4" was a Mercury dime. Yes!! I started to then detect around this area, and to my surprise I ended up finding 3 more Mercs, the deepest being 5". I hadn't even found a wheatie yet. :P After I picked the area clean, I decided to go to walk over to the other side of the hill where I had found 3 silver dimes last year. Finally, I got a wheatie, but just a few minutes later, another Mercury dime. Wow!! 5 Mercs and just 1 wheat. Gotta love that ratio! ::) Well, the wheaties were finally starting to catch up to the silver when I dug 4 in a row. My next two digs were silver Rosies!! I couldn't believe it. I had 7 silver and only 5 wheats. About 10 minutes later, I got a deeper signal next to a shallow trash target, and at about 7", I dug up a 1917 Merc. :D It was surreal!! :o After that, I ended up digging 6 wheaties in a row, and that was it for my day! For the last 2 hrs of my hunt today, I ended up with 8 silver dimes (6 Mercs, 2 Rosies), and 11 wheats! I believe the combination of detecting this park for the first time with my Pro Coil and the saturated ground led to my success today. It was a lot of fun, and none of the silver in this park are corroded. They had some black marks that were easily removable with a little baking soda paste. The other 2 silver (1 Merc, 1 Rosie), along with a 1903 Injun, an old 3 ring bullet(buffalo killer), and 17 wheats were found a couple days ago while hunting a Barrio park with my hunting buddy, Mike(oknorom).

Thanks for looking!
Keep The Passion High!

CAPTN SE
Dan

Attachments

• IMG_3353_sm.jpg
    IMG_3353_sm.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 1,379
  • IMG_3361_sm.jpg
    IMG_3361_sm.jpg
    191.4 KB · Views: 1,376
  • Injun_021009.jpg
    Injun_021009.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 1,370
  • IMG_3356_sm.jpg
    IMG_3356_sm.jpg
    156.2 KB · Views: 1,363
Upvote 0
S

seger98

Re: 10 Silver!! 8 Silver in 2 hrs today ~ 1903 Injun ~ 28 Wheats!!

ok, I'm done writting up a big thing everytime you post, I'm just going to start just saying wow! so here it is!

WOW

47thelement

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

those are nice! puts a whole new meaning the term "barber"

FooserPaul

May 9, 2008
Somewhere in CT
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac

Dan... we are not worth to carry your detector to and fro the car for you :-)

Awesome job!

Hey... how do you get your silvers cleaned up that nice?

I always enjoy your posts :-)

Paul

t-bucket

Bronze Member
Oct 7, 2007
Southern Illinois
Detector(s) used
e-track- Explorer SE explorer 2 -
WTG Dan!!!! Congrats on the silver and the coppers !!!! Its nice to see some silver,The weather is starting to break a little and warming up some . I hope to get out this weekend !!!!! Good luck on your next hunt !!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
Well Dan, I was lucky enough to get out and I located a clad penny in the parking lot of a gas station. It just stared at me and said "Pick me up and take me home." In fact I had no detector with me, I was just getting a cup of coffee. LOL....You are killing me with all that silver and wheatie action. Nice job again Buddy. keep that streak going straight in to spring and summer! Congrats :thumbsup: jgas

beetle662

Bronze Member
Jul 25, 2003
Independence, KY
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+
Congrats! That is a great day of hunting!

Sure do love how that silver cleans up with a little baking soda!!! Those Merc's are one of my favorite finds!

Jack(IN)

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS-2, Garrett Ace 250
Dan is the "MAN"!! Sweet finds and I see you're still adding to that silver collection, maybe even trying to corner the silver market??? Nice finds!!

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark
very nice job on all the silver coins and the indian! :) You are always kicking butt everytime you go out! :)

kdismuke1

Silver Member
Jun 14, 2007
georgia
Detector(s) used
garrett 1500-ace 250-garrett ads groudhog deepseeker
is mr. hunt in your family. between you and mr. hunt you should have the silver :thumbsup: control now.

DAVID@RT6DETECTORS

Dec 6, 2007
Maryville, Tenn
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Quest Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man, those are some nice coins. I just purchased a SE Pro, and I am looking forward to getting it out and see if I can find some of those nice un's.

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dan,
If you spend as much time polishing your rims as you do your coins, you'll blind people going down the road. :tongue3: ;D
You are the master at silver cleaning (and finding) big guy.
A super post. Congrats on the IH too. :icon_king:
-Doug-

gold nuggets

Bronze Member
Apr 5, 2008
Springfield, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE, Pro coil inline probe. Also the Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
VERY nice hunt Dan....WTG!! :thumbsup:
You never cease to amaze me with the silver and wheats that