12 Ring day! 2 gold, 2 silver - 200+ coin day

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Hello to all!!

My second time out after getting clearance from the doc to return to work and life. I hit two schools in the same school district I hunted on the Sunday of my contest weekend a month ago. Both were nicely loaded with lots of finds, I was kept very busy.

I while back, I told Mirage that one of my dream days would be to find 10 rings in one hunt. When I said it, I didn't really think it would possible, more like a dream. Well, this day, the dream came true. I had a pouchful of goodies at both schools and in the mix, 12 rings total. 2 nice goldies, 2 silver ones, and 8 junque rings. One of the junk ones is actually a nice keeper, more on that later.

At the first school, I had covered all the woodchips and had a nice haul including a nice sterling silver chain and an old religious pendant. There was a nice little mound with two trees right in between two of the play areas and we had an inch of rain yesterday, so I scanned this area also. I found both gold rings in this grassy area. The first one is a pretty little kids filligree signet ring (K), stamped 14K. The second is a lady's inital ring (g) and stamped 10K. I was really happy to pull these goldies wooowhooo!! In this same area I found my first "Large cent" of the year.lol, it's a approx 3 inch diameter 1995D lincoln penny fob of some kind. It was hit by a lawmower too and gave a very loud signal on the ole trusty Garrett, thought it was a pop can. This school is pretty old, probably opened in the 1950's so I think this fall, I may get back here and cover the grassy areas better. Could be silver coins here I think.

I found one old ring in the grass area that isn't gold or silver but might have some value to it. It's a Huckleberry Hound "Huck Hound Club" ring. It's pretty cool.
http://cgi.ebay.com/HUCKBERRY-HOUND...oryZ1534QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

At the second school, the were tons of finds in the chips. I was busy. I found both sterling rings here. Both were in the swings area, farthest away from the swings, near the edge of the woodchip border. One is a sterling spoon ring, very pretty and shined up nice. Stamped "Rogers and Oneita". The other one is a beauty. It's some kind of art deco style ring, with a large pear shaped garnet gemstone (I think) and is stamped "Sterling" with the maker mark " Kabara". It's a pretty cool ring! This school was old too, but I was pretty tired and my back was aching a bit, so I called it day and didn't search any of the grassy areas.

It was a great day out there, I had fun and the weather was perfect. Here's the totals.
4 - 1/2 hours total hunt time.
225 coins for a $11.37 face value (lots of pennies this day...lol)
Nice lot of keepers!! and lot of trinkets too.
The 12 rings total - puts my at 102 rings this season! 16 gold, 15 silver, 71 junque.
(thanks to PGill for pointing out there are 12 rings...dahhh) :)

Thanks for reading. Best of luck to you all! Here's some photos of my finds. HH!

Smiles!
BDoo

Attachments

• Dirty T.jpg
    Dirty T.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 7,902
  • Dirty.jpg
    Dirty.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 7,830
  • July 28th T.jpg
    July 28th T.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 7,780
  • July 28 F.jpg
    July 28 F.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 7,705
  • 11 rings F.jpg
    11 rings F.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 7,665
  • 11 rings T.jpg
    11 rings T.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 7,784
  • Keepers.jpg
    Keepers.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 7,582
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan

DDEXPII

Aug 27, 2006
MA
Detector(s) used
MINELAB EXPLORER II & the sun ray probe
welcome back nice to see you are doing well

HH

jopher

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2003
Mid Michigan
Detector(s) used
IDX Classic SL-x2....Excalibur1000
Banner day Hawke!....back with a vengance.
always enviouse....Joe

Nashoba

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2006
Washington and Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace250/Prospecter Bounty hunter(Backup)
Re: 11 Ring day! 2 gold, 2 silver - 200+ coin day

Boobydoo said:
Nashoba said:
Good God man! Save some for the rest of us.
That is just too amazing for words.

Your #1 fan

~Nash~

Hey, I only hunted one day this week ...lol.
Now I feel really bad... but I hope to get over it by next weekend ;)

Thanks Nash, appreciate the inspiring comment!

Smiles!
BDoo

AND I APPRECIATE THE INSPIRING PHOTOS OF YOUR PHENOMENAL HUNTS!!!

~Nash~

Baldingboy

Bronze Member
May 17, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Professional with 6" Coil
BDoo,
Glad you are up and detecting again. A 12 ring day is beyond comprehension! I love that Huckleberry Hound ring too! What a cool find. HH

baldingboy

Ray S ECenFL

Silver Member
Feb 17, 2007
East Central Florida WP
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT / M6
Congrats on you haul. Nice to hit a personal goal, eventhough it seemed unrealistic at first. That is the one excitng thing about this hobby, you just never know what or how much will come out of the ground.

Glad to hear you feeling better. Hang in there and HH.

Ray S.

Green1

Silver Member
Mar 20, 2006
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Mxt 6x10 coil Massachusetts
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D my offer still stands,, 300 bucks for a full days lesson !!! all the best to you my friend !! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Sheldius

Mar 15, 2007
Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett Master Hunter CX Plus, Minelab E-trac, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats. 12 rings is very impressive. And these are areas that you have been to in the last month? That is truely an impressive restock rate on the chips (Ok, I know you did hit some areas that you hadn't before, but still ... ;) ).

Glad you are back to start pushing me again. I planned to try for 100+ coin day yesterday, but the weather and sites just won't cooperate (long story). Ended with 36 about half were Quarters/Dimes.

I just got access to an old VFW baseball field. Maybe I'll be reporting silver coins soon. I hope.

HH.

R

RUDY2003

Holy crap Boo! Your pile for the day beats my whole month.
You fire us up.....

Keep safe...

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Wow!, what a spread, WTG!!!!
Love the old "Huckleberry Hound" ring, very cool...
Continued Good luck, & Happy hunting~

9volt

Nov 2, 2006
south carolina
Detector(s) used
Explorer.SE
wow man...looks like nobody in your town can seem to buy a ring that fits and you come along and scoop them up...what a deal ....way cool congrats

coolcash2004

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Wow!

Congrats on the most excellent of finds Bdoo!

I am predicting a platinum for you next time!

-CC

soar697877

Jul 3, 2007
Clarksville, TN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ultra GTA 350, Garrett Ace 250
BDoo,

Thats the way to make a comeback for sure !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nothing like alot of nice treasure to rekindle the spirit !!!

Great Haul, keep up the outstanding example for us all to drool over, yup !!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread