12 Silvers...And Another Silver Video!!

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
Greeting Fellow Tnetters,

I see many of you are calling it the end of your detecting season because of the inclement weather that's been making our great hobby become unmanageable. Over here in S. CA., it is an amazingly beautiful springlike day. My season never ends. I am so thankful for this...not sure what I'd do if I couldn't detect for a few months right now.

Enough about the weather, onto some of the goodies. I've been out a few times since last Wed. to the same areas that have been producing the old coinage for me throughout the year. I got completely skunked at one park, but the others produced well. In three hunts, I got 12 silver and 29 wheaties, including the sterling religious pendant.

Yesterday, I got to hunt with my good buddy, Jon(goldenapples). My first two silvers of the day were definitely iffy, wheaty sounding signals. Jon, at the time, had left his video camera in the car, so I just dug them, and was pleasantly surprised to pull silvers on those signals. One of the holes had a half of a zinc penny in it that was three inches above a merc. About a half an hour later, I get an unmistakeable high-fluty tone that was pegging in the upper right corner of my screen. I just knew it was silver, so I had Jon walk back to his car to grab his recorder. I'm glad he did, because we were able to film another silver find. In the video, Jon tried to show everyone what my screen looked like, but I didn't know there was so much glare. Sorry about that, but I would have dug this signal without even looking at my screen because its tone was great, and it definitely sounded deep too ( I can tell depth by the faintness of the signal). For anyone who's season is over, or just wants to get a fix, please enjoy another silver recovery video. Don't try to over-analyze this one...it's filmed for sheer enjoyment!!

Thanks, everyone, for looking!!
Seasons Greetings,
CAPTN SE
Dan

Attachments

• IMG_2182 (1014 x 760).jpg
    IMG_2182 (1014 x 760).jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 1,240
Upvote 0

DaChief

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2007
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
-------(Water)------- Garrett Infinium (Relic and Coin) Minelab Sov. Elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You dah silver king Capt. SE!

I've got to practice that Texas two step thingy some more to see if it improves my gold finds in the water!

bootstrap vinn

Apr 25, 2006
Central Maine
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1210x Fisher 1236x2 Fisher 1225x
Another great hunt(or two) Capt.!!!So how many does that make 6?? I'm jealous of your weather man,15 inches of snow here last night,nasty white s#!+ >:( You keep on swingin' and I'll just have to keep reading and dreamin'. Congrats, Bootstrap

Ricardo_NY1

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2006
Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
Explorer XS/II & Garrett ACE 250
I know what you mean about the signals that sound like wheats, and then suprise you with a silver coin. Nothing like the sound of a clean silver hit.........makes ya grin sometimes because you have a good idea what is coming out. Good vid Capt.

daytondigger

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2004
Dayton, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5
Nice finds, nice post. The video is great for me as I'm laid up after knee surgery. Made me feel like I got out hunting today. Thanks

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holy smokes Dan, you are the Wilver Wizard!!!
Some beautiful finds. My son would love to have some of those in his collection. ;D
Thanks again for making your videos. They really add enjoyment to your posts, and are greatly appreciated by your TN fans.
-Doug-
P.S. I miss that Cali weather. :'(

t-bucket

Bronze Member
Oct 7, 2007
Southern Illinois
Detector(s) used
e-track- Explorer SE explorer 2 -
Thats awesome!!!!!!! That a lot of silver in one day.What is in the soil that eats at your silver.90% of our silver comes out of the ground looks like you just droped it.Now copper comes out bad most of the time .Congrats on the great hunt and a cool vid.

Larsmed

Jan 10, 2007
Greencovesprings, Florida
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sandshark, bh jr.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Capn

Great finds!! BTW, where in the heck do you find mercs and wheats?? I have looked everywhere here in Fl and cant find one.. ???

Larry

OP
OP
Captn SE

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
Thanks, guys!!

T-bucket, I think the minerals/fertilization/moisture can wreak havoc on the silver in the turf where I hunt....it's funny...some silver comes out of the ground looking like new, yet others come out all white, heavily oxidized....those white ones immediately turn to a dull gray....I use electrolysis on them to clean them up a little.

Larsmed, I simply have been going to parks this year that pre-date the 60's....that's you best chance for the oldies. If you don't have a lot of older parks in your area, try some old home sites, or old demolition areas. Good luck...I hope you're able to find some of that shiny silver.

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Cool video again Dan....It's supposed to snow here tommorrow,couple inch's or so but that's not going to stop me.Conrat's on the silver as alway's.We need to get you behind the camera one time for Mr. Goldenapple's.HH!!

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Another incredible hunt buddy!! Congrats on the awesome haul and keep em coming. You need to find at least one silver for every member on the site snow in with frozen ground not able to hunt till spring...so get busy...lol ;D ;D

Thanks for sharing Dan. You da man!!!

Smiles!
BDoo

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorers and E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way to go Dan. Man I wish I could get more than 2 to 3 hours a week in hunting. I'm glad you can hunt year 'round with your weather. I'll keep my eyes peeled for your posts. I am sure I'll hunt and chisel the ground one more time before the snow really flies.

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL
Yo, Dan, what's up, bud? I just got back from an afternoon with my babe, Stacia. I loved your latest video, buddy. It just shows you have some mad skills, my friend. Zoy and I were laughing our butts off at Jon's comment about your gopher holes. :D

You sure did make Mr. SE proud of your wilver recoveries. I name you the "True Wilver King." ;) :D ;D

I am curious, your left knee is quite clean, why is that? :P ;) :D :D ;D

Bone Dry Detecting...Kirk

weasel606

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2007
West Virginia, USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70 ,Bounty Hunter Landstar, Garrett ACE 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
WOW great finds captn :o and love the video so keep posting them ! congrats, you da man ;)

OP
OP
Captn SE

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Thanks, Da Chief, Bootstrap, Ricardo, Daytondigger, xlt nh, Burdie, civilman, BDoo, halfdime, Bryce, weasel.

Doug, here's a couple of pics of yesterday's hunt location that my buddy, Jon, took...you will love them. Recognize the island about 21 miles away in the background?

Kirk, buddy, you are right. My left knee never touches the ground while I dig a plug. That's why I only use a kneepad on my right knee. That's my style...some md'ers use two knees; I only need one. Here's an artistic example of how I recover my finds...I got the pic from one of our fellow forumites, Smitty(IndianaSmith), who actually creates these....very cool.

Thanks,
CAPTN SE
Dan

Attachments

• DM-Kneel-4 (256 x 193).jpg
    DM-Kneel-4 (256 x 193).jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 826
  • pac_oc1.jpg
    pac_oc1.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 854
  • pac_oc2.jpg
    pac_oc2.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 853

watercolor

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Arlington Heights, IL
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT-All Pro and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Captn_SE said:
Kirk, buddy, you are right. My left knee never touches the ground while I dig a plug. That's why I only use a kneepad on my right knee. That's my style...some md'ers use two knees; I only need one.

Thanks,
CAPTN SE
Dan

Dan, I use only one knee-pad too! (Because I left one somewhere in Kansas during the CTH ::))
You're right, you really only need one ;)

I like your videos & wish I could REALLY get another hunt in before the end of the year :( (snowing right now in Chicago)

Take care & HH!
watercolor

Chicago Ron

Apr 12, 2005
In the Lake in Chicago
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, E-trac, Excaliber II, GPX-5000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks cap great video, I long for the days when I lived in Riverside and could hunt year round! Keep them coming cause Chicago in covered in white stuff so My season is pritty much over!
Chicago Ron

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread