12 Silvers...And Another Silver Video!!

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
Greeting Fellow Tnetters,

I see many of you are calling it the end of your detecting season because of the inclement weather that's been making our great hobby become unmanageable. Over here in S. CA., it is an amazingly beautiful springlike day. My season never ends. I am so thankful for this...not sure what I'd do if I couldn't detect for a few months right now.

Enough about the weather, onto some of the goodies. I've been out a few times since last Wed. to the same areas that have been producing the old coinage for me throughout the year. I got completely skunked at one park, but the others produced well. In three hunts, I got 12 silver and 29 wheaties, including the sterling religious pendant.

Yesterday, I got to hunt with my good buddy, Jon(goldenapples). My first two silvers of the day were definitely iffy, wheaty sounding signals. Jon, at the time, had left his video camera in the car, so I just dug them, and was pleasantly surprised to pull silvers on those signals. One of the holes had a half of a zinc penny in it that was three inches above a merc. About a half an hour later, I get an unmistakeable high-fluty tone that was pegging in the upper right corner of my screen. I just knew it was silver, so I had Jon walk back to his car to grab his recorder. I'm glad he did, because we were able to film another silver find. In the video, Jon tried to show everyone what my screen looked like, but I didn't know there was so much glare. Sorry about that, but I would have dug this signal without even looking at my screen because its tone was great, and it definitely sounded deep too ( I can tell depth by the faintness of the signal). For anyone who's season is over, or just wants to get a fix, please enjoy another silver recovery video. Don't try to over-analyze this one...it's filmed for sheer enjoyment!!

Thanks, everyone, for looking!!
Seasons Greetings,
CAPTN SE
Dan

Attachments

• IMG_2182 (1014 x 760).jpg
    IMG_2182 (1014 x 760).jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 1,241
Upvote 0

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minlabe SE, ace 250, fisher 1280x
I do wish we could of got a clear pic of the screen, What about those light (barly repeating)high sounds?? I have heard one or two and dident find anything after 12 inches figures it to be a nail or something, They dident get louder either after digging, False sigs maybe. I hope you can get one of those on video, also how bout selling your videos to the minlab guys, I bet you could be the new rep. I found there videos way less informative than yours.

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
watercolor said:
Captn_SE said:
Kirk, buddy, you are right. My left knee never touches the ground while I dig a plug. That's why I only use a kneepad on my right knee. That's my style...some md'ers use two knees; I only need one.

Thanks,
CAPTN SE
Dan

Dan, I use only one knee-pad too! (Because I left one somewhere in Kansas during the CTH ::))
You're right, you really only need one ;)

I like your videos & wish I could REALLY get another hunt in before the end of the year :( (snowing right now in Chicago)

Take care & HH!
watercolor

When you reach our age, you'll have two knee pads ;D ;D ;D ;D
and probably be digging 1000 silvers a year. I hope so!!

Great vid Dan. Congrats and keep em coming!

BDoo ;D

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome finds and GREAT video! Thanks for sharing your hunt. :)

Nana

OP
OP
Captn SE

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
Thanks, Nana, Albert, BDoo(2), watercolor, and Ron!! I'm glad you enjoyed the short vid.

I can only imagine how you guys feel when you have to put your detectors in the closet for a few months.... :'(

Don't worry...I'll try to lift your detecting spirits with more vids to come... ;D

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

Wasabi

Nov 7, 2005
Brevard County, FL ~ USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalinbur II,White's Beach Hunter ID 300, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab E-Trac, Fisher F75, Tesoro Golden UMax, Whites 4900/D, Bounty Hunter IV, Bounty Hunter Big Bud
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Captn,
More great finds and another great video.
I enjoyed the first and hopefully the comments will be a lot nicer on this one.
Keep those videos coming, we just got about 2-3 inches of snow on the ground tonight here in Illinois.
I miss the warm days already.
I am going to sneak out and make another video before this winter is up though.
Here is another couple videos for those who need to have a fix.
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,122712.0.html

Again another great demonstration on the performance of the SE.
HH
Rob

vegasmtl

Jan 11, 2006
South Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Bullseye II
I love the videos! Makes me feel like I was there. Thanks for sharing, keep it up!
vegasmtl

desertfox

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro, Fisher and Minelab
Dan, another great Vidio buddy! The silver never seems to slow down. Question for you? Do you work and if you work and MD as much as you do, when in the heck do you sleep! hehe
Keep up the GOOD JOB and keep the Vid's coming.

Desertfox

Don In South Jersey

Sep 3, 2005
Southern NJ
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Pro-Find
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweetness Captain, always consistent finds of silver, another great day foryou...

1st warm spell & I'm huntin. Yeah it's 32 degrees here now & I could only wish for a 60 degree day to go out & detect. The problem is when you do get a warm day, the groung is still frozen so trying to dig 6-8 inches is impossible. Take care, thanks for the pics & video..

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Nice batch of finds Capt.

Your silver gets really beat up over there. Is there alot of pines were your hunting. I noticed when I find them near pines they look alot like yours.

Congrats again on a great yr. Sitting in does start to eat you alive. I usually hunt all winter long. I might stay in for 4 weeks in Feb. Just depends on how the soil gets.

HH Jer

MD Dog

Bronze Member
Feb 10, 2007
Please don't yell !
Geeze what a let down. I always thought the capt looked older an had big muscles, wore a cape an was able to leap tall buildings in a single bound. Now I see he's just an ordinary fellow with a good head on his shoulders. He simply knows the sound of silver on his machine and goes where noone else has looked.

Unless he's actually a super hero incognito, with super powers way beyond that of mortal men. Xray vision for seeing silver in the ground, super human strength for long days diggin really deep holes, speed for gettin as many silvers in a day as super humanly possible. :o ;D ;)

OP
OP
Captn SE

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Thanks, Durham, vegasmtl, Paul, Don, Jer, RR, MD Dog!!!

Kirk, glad you liked the photos of the Pacific Ocean....the island in the horizon is Catalina Island. Might be some Spanish silver on that island. I've never detected there before.

Jer, I was detecting next to some pines that day. Some of the silver I recover around here looks as good as the day it was dropped, while others look very oxidized...each park I hunt has different ground conditions (fertilization/moisture/mineralization). Some of my silver coins are stark white when I remove them from the dirt, then turn a dull gray within minutes of being exposed to the air. A little electrolysis can remove the oxidation, but not the permanent pitting that the oxidation created. I'm glad my 21D merc I dug this year had no oxidation on it.

Thanks again.

CAPTN SE
Dan

strike it rich

Jun 19, 2007
Detector(s) used
Treasure baron with Goldtrax
I really enjoyed your video your digging extracting methods are great love that hook tool.
The way it should be done

M-Squared

Mar 4, 2007
Long Beach, California
Detector(s) used
White's Eagle Spectrum XLT & Bullseye II Probe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congratulations to you for a banner year and may you have continued success in 2008 and beyond!

Still looking forward to joining you out in the field one of these days!

HH from M2

Attachments

• jowinr.gif
    jowinr.gif
    4.7 KB · Views: 379

BobinSouthVA

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2007
SE Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro / Whites Prism II
Thanks for taking time out of your hunting day to setup a tripod and recording and sharing all these great videos with us. They sure are great to watch and make me feel like I'm right there with you, anticipation and all.

The only downside is once I finish watching, the urge to get out hits bad, and I look up and see its 11:40 pm and pitch black outside.

Doh. oh well back to the videos ;D

El_Bandido

Nov 1, 2007
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido UMax
Primary Interest:
Other
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thats some pretty good mercs u have there maybe u can tell me where to get tem (them)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions