magjm

Sep 20, 2004
sylva, nc
Detector(s) used
E-Trac. Excal, XLT
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Re: Minelab Customer Service

My E-trac has needed repair for a year. It went out while under warranty and I piddled around. Now I'm ready to send it in and can't figure out where to send it! I tried sending e-mail and it bounced back. Undeliverable. I'll try to call but all the previous posts leave me less than optimistic. Does anyone from Minelab read this forum? I know White's does as I've had responses in the past. At a recent talk Andy Sabisch stated turn-around can be 12 weeks and machines are sent to Australia!!!! I love my E-trac for the beach even if it did not find gold this past week but it isn't working right and I can't wait forever. Even the perfect machine is no good if it is in repair nether land. Are people switching to other brands? Question 2. What address are folks sending the detectors to?
Thanks, Maggie

JohnnieWalker

Nov 30, 2009
Zebulon NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari Teknetics T2

I've been waiting a half a year for a part from Minelab. A part that they are shipping with NEW detectors. Do you think they should ship me one? Apparently not.

I am so done with Minelab.

No matter, I've found that my T2 does circles around the Safari anyway.

If you love Minelab then you can buy my 7 month old Safari off Ebay this weekend.

I've had it with them.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other

JohnnieWalker said:
I've been waiting a half a year for a part from Minelab. A part that they are shipping with NEW detectors. Do you think they should ship me one? Apparently not.

If you love Minelab then you can buy my 7 month old Safari off Ebay this weekend.

I've had it with them.
I'm with you i have no faith in Minelab now.......... I broke ties with them sold my Sovereign and Excalibur last week..........

Attachments

• zhaodpnet_02.gif
    zhaodpnet_02.gif
    182.5 KB · Views: 568
  • zhaodpnet_02.gif
    zhaodpnet_02.gif
    182.5 KB · Views: 580

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

magjm said:
My E-trac has needed repair for a year. It went out while under warranty and I piddled around. Now I'm ready to send it in and can't figure out where to send it! I tried sending e-mail and it bounced back. Undeliverable. I'll try to call but all the previous posts leave me less than optimistic. Does anyone from Minelab read this forum? I know White's does as I've had responses in the past. At a recent talk Andy Sabisch stated turn-around can be 12 weeks and machines are sent to Australia!!!! I love my E-trac for the beach even if it did not find gold this past week but it isn't working right and I can't wait forever. Even the perfect machine is no good if it is in repair nether land. Are people switching to other brands? Question 2. What address are folks sending the detectors to?
Thanks, Maggie

USA Machines are NOT sent to Australi, they go to Chicago....

Minelab USA

2777 Finley Road, Unit #4

Downers Grove, IL 60515

Direct phone: 630-401-8150

Toll Free: 866-517-2066

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

JohnnieWalker said:

I've had it with them.

Minelab will not ship internal parts the same as Whites will not ship internal parts.

Silver Surfer

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2009
Florida- Somewhere in the middle
Detector(s) used
MXT 300/Excal II/Surf Dual Field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

You on the dole for Minelab or what?? LOL... You sure do a lot of "xusing" for them...
I think that if they have the parts for the new machines, they would have the part to do his repair.. Isnt that what he was meaning? Even if he wasnt, it is sill a valid point.. You would almost think they want to fail for some reason... I was supposed to get an email when my machine was shipped back to me, I didnt.. And it was a good thing I was home to sign for it..
And although it is only a small point, they told me they were going to send me a ML hat for my trouble.. Of course, it wasnt in the box..
I love the machine, but I cant say I even like the company..

JohnnieWalker

Nov 30, 2009
Zebulon NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari Teknetics T2

I am no trying to dis anyone in fact, I used to love Minelab and Kellyco but as of now I can't recommend either of them to my friends or club members. Kellyco was not able to help. So I am merely reporting my experience with them so others are aware of what could possibly happen to them.

Just like a restaurant review, it's nothing personal it's just business.

RKW

Aug 11, 2010
Four Corners of New Mexico

Smudge said:
Ok, I just bought a Sovereign and you guys are starting to scare me. :sad1:

Tesoro's lifetime warranty is starting to sound pretty darn good. The fact, that if I had to, I could drive to their repair facility in 3 hours in nice touch too.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Silver Surfer said:
You on the dole for Minelab or what?? LOL... You sure do a lot of "xusing" for them...
I think that if they have the parts for the new machines, they would have the part to do his repair.. Isnt that what he was meaning? Even if he wasnt, it is sill a valid point.. You would almost think they want to fail for some reason... I was supposed to get an email when my machine was shipped back to me, I didnt.. And it was a good thing I was home to sign for it..
And although it is only a small point, they told me they were going to send me a ML hat for my trouble.. Of course, it wasnt in the box..
I love the machine, but I cant say I even like the company..

How is saying "Minelab will not ship internal parts to someone "on the dole"...? If someone needs an internal part you have to send the machine in. Kellyco, is only a dealer, they have no control or power to have Minelab, Whites or any dealer provide them with a ship date.

I install Cisco 2400 and 2800 T-1 Routers, they are a $1000 and up per unit, we install then by the dozens each month, Cisco will not ship us internal parts to fix them, if they go bad, and they do go bad, we are required to ship them to Cisco for repairs.

It's a business........

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

be very ,very careful with your machine and try and "ride it out" until minelab can get it together and hire more than two technicians(blows my mind)
today i tried to order the two rubber bushings/washers that go between the lower shaft and the coil and after talking to the "call screener" and being told someone would call me back she accidentally transferred me to someone at the service center. i told him what i needed and he said i should call minelab usa.....i said, they transferred me to you! :dontknow: :icon_scratch:.....anyway, he said he would look and see if he could find some but they had been out of them for a while but he thinks they just got some in but i would probably have to contact some dealers and see if any of them had some. :help: hes supposed to call me back tomorrow.
the company that took over minelab has sure screwed things up!!! and i remember someone trying to defend them and say how professional they were :laughing9:
i also needed the same part for another detector from another company and ordered them today and they are being shipped to me free!!!!!!! oh, by the way when i call a company i dont want to have to give my info,leave a message, wait for a call back, and the give my info again. i dont think minelab is the problem!! im sure they are operating the same way codan's other companys are! will it work? will they figure it out? or will they grow tired of there "new company" and just drop them?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

seeker41 said:
be very ,very careful with your machine and try and "ride it out" until minelab can get it together and hire more than two technicians(blows my mind)
today i tried to order the two rubber bushings/washers that go between the lower shaft and the coil " and just drop them?

You can get the tear drop rubber washers from kellyco, they come as a kit including the coil bolt. It never hurts to have spares of both, I have several... :icon_thumright:

http://www.kellycodetectors.com/minelab/excalibur-accessories.htm

Look at the bottom of the page under "misc accessories for excalibur"

magjm

Sep 20, 2004
sylva, nc
Detector(s) used
E-Trac. Excal, XLT
Primary Interest:

Thanks for the response to my Minelab repair question. I have received both a phone call and e-mail from Minelab Customer Care. I was told turn around for land machines is not a problem. Current wait is for water machine repair. Okay, so now I have a question about my Excalibur. It's an original 1000 not the new Excalibur II. I lost a knob this weekend. I know that's a common problem but it's the first time I've had it happen. I bought a set of after market knobs, brass inside with the set screw, and it doesn't work. Apparently it's slightly too big as with the set screw completely in, the knob is still loose enough to slip right off. Anyone know of a source for knobs for the old Excalibur? or a replacement? How about some sort of insert that will let the knobs grip?

Thanks, Maggie

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

You can get knobs at Radio Shack or order them off of EBay.....

JOE(USA)

Dec 3, 2006
New Milford,CT.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortes/Tiger Shark,Whites,B.H./ Teknetics,3DElectronics/ Two Box, Minelab XS,Excal.

RKW said:
Smudge said:
Ok, I just bought a Sovereign and you guys are starting to scare me. :sad1:

Tesoro's lifetime warranty is starting to sound pretty darn good. The fact, that if I had to, I could drive to their repair facility in 3 hours in nice touch too.

RKW,

The big problem with Tesoro right now is the fact that we don't have Tiger or Sand Sharks. It's been over a year now and all us dealers are still waiting. Hopefully it's only a matter of weeks now before they are ready. Joe

spdrus

Aug 25, 2010
Re: Minelab Customer Service**~~~ Update 8/31/10~~

That's great to hear!

Especially for those of us who are (potential) new Minelab customers. Thanks for the update!

magjm

Sep 20, 2004
sylva, nc
Detector(s) used
E-Trac. Excal, XLT
Primary Interest:

Great!! Just the news I like to hear. I sent my E-trac off today, addressed to Ewout per their instructions.

Maggie

leefields

Feb 25, 2008
Lake Hamilton Florida 33851
Detector(s) used
Excall 2 w/Anderson shaft ...
Minelab CTX 3030 ...
Minelab GT
this is a good report....

hopefully for minelab there could reports day after day of jobs getting done, problems being addressed, and customers being satisfied....

that is all any company could ask for...

you had a lemon (4 times returned)...they sent you a new one... nice......nice....nice.....

that is the way to treat customer....nice

magjm

Sep 20, 2004
sylva, nc
Detector(s) used
E-Trac. Excal, XLT
Primary Interest:
Re: Minelab Customer Service-ETRAC Back!!

From door to door 10 days. In other words I took it to UPS 10 days ago. Minelab paid shipping both ways. I haven't given it a full test yet, but I'm impressed in the service. My problem was relatively minor, but I won't hesitate the next time I have a problem.

Maggie

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

I don't understand. :dontknow:

You folks know I'm a Minelab dealer. Yet you hesitate to contact me to rectify the dilemma.
As a matter of fact, some of you already know, I have taken the liberty contacted you, to see what I could do to help.
I know for a fact, that Minelab is really trying to turn things around, but it takes time to clean up some spills.

Even if you haven't purchased the machine or product from me, please do not hesitate to ask my assistance. I'm sure with a simple email to the right person, we can get the answer you need in a timely matter.

I ask nothing for my service, it's just my way to help turn the bad reputation of poor customer service around. We are all a team. If we work together, then the reputation will follow.

And I honestly do care about great customer service. Most of you know this.

Please PM me if I can help in any way in the future.

Mike
All Around Asheville detector sales

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread