🥇 BANNER 1805 HalfDime??

B

BiggusDiggus

So planned on running some errands then hitting a known spot for some morning detecting...Errands got thwarted so decided to drive a bit hopfully find a spot to hit for and hour or two til i could finish my errands...Happened upon a home construction site with some older looking stonewalls, asked the workers if they minded and they did not..So, coi to soil and were gettin some old shotshells horse/ox shoe halfs, foil...and bang clean 81 at 2"? thinkin some modern change i can see the rim of it on the surface..huh...what 1805????Intally thought it was a quarter but no 25 mark..so im assuming its a half dime?? I cant believe it still..if its legit i think today was a good day....

20151228_102458_resized.jpg20151228_132451_resized.jpg20151228_132507_resized.jpg

Upvote 57
Yet another insane coin find to end 2015

Holy cow... That sure looks like a fine example... What a way to end the year for yourself!!! Congrats... :occasion14:

That is a great find, we don't see Draped Bust silver posted very often, and that one is in great shape. I've been casting a lot of Banner votes lately. This one also gets a vote!

Omfg that little bad boy is going banner. That is truly an insane find and i would absolutely send that to get graded.

you might not ever find a better coin....incredible find!

sweet Jesus!! if that`s a Half Dimes 1805 they only minted 15,600.
it needs to be 16.5mm if its a dime its 19mm
Banner Banner Banner:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

Thanks for the props!!It is insane, still weird/floaty here... I was stoked just to find it, before being aware of the possible value....Either way RAD..needed to share..and yes i want to get i graded,but I dont know of a good grading service proper protocol??...HH..Hit it 2015 isnt over yet

Thanks for the props!!It is insane, still weird/floaty here... I was stoked just to find it, before being aware of the possible value....Either way RAD..needed to share..and yes i want to get i graded,but I dont know of a good grading service proper protocol??...HH..Hit it 2015 isnt over yet

i Have used PCGS and had good service, be sure to insure it, pray for an XF40 grade

Last edited:
Unreal, what an awesome find! Just voted banner.

Im thinkin its a dime gettin 20.1mm O.D....Still Awesome...

holy freakin' cow. that is so awesome. looks like the '4 berries' type dime. gotta be worth at least 2 grand. huge congrats!

Incredible find! Congrats!

Holy smokes! Talk about seizing an opportunity. May be the find of a lifetime (though hope it isn't :thumbsup:)

I hope that this find, and the shilling/Guinea from yesterday, aren't excluded from banner in favor of relics, in pursuit of an artificial picture of balance. Fingers crossed

Last edited:
No doubt about it. Banner! Draped bust silver just doesn't show up very often!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back