1824 General Lafayette Wax Seal Commemorating His Return to New York

Kyle PA

May 12, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000
Kirk, Chris, and I went back to the same site that we hit last Sunday. I dug the 1788 Connecticut copper that was struck over a Nova Constellatio there. Chris dug a VA halfpenny, 1796 large cent, and a Coronet cent. Kirk dug the 1844 political medal there as well.

Here is Kirk pinpointing a signal in the iron patch.

1.jpg

I decided to snap some other pictures of the site. Here is a pic that I call "Looking out into the Pennsylvania frontier."

2.jpg

Here is another view of the surrounding land from where the home sat. This early settler sure had a beautiful view.

3.jpg

Once again, just like last Sunday, within the first 10 minutes of swinging, I got an iffy nickel reading. After I flipped the dirt out, it was still in the hole and reading in the high penny range. I was thrilled when I saw what it was: a 1754 King George II farthing. It is our second farthing this year as a group.

1754 King George II Farthing 010.JPG

1754 King George II Farthing 014.JPG

I also found this interesting wax seal. I can't make out what the letters say surrounding the bust of the man. If anyone knows who it is, I would greatly appreciate the needed information!

1754 King George II Farthing 002.JPG

1754 King George II Farthing 019.JPG

Side View.JPG

Here are my relics for the day.

1754 King George II Farthing 016.JPG

Upvote 1

FortBedfordbob

Dec 25, 2007
Bedford Pa
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, GPX 5000
What a Freakin Find ! Just got back from 2 days up north where I couldn't get T-Net due to slow connection. Then This is the First Thing I click on WOW :o You Lucky Dog ;D

The Patriot

Bronze Member
Oct 16, 2009
Digging Relics
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox and CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
beautiful find there...great spot on the banner for sure... hope to get one soon!
keep up the great digs

JHinPA

Jan 25, 2008
SouthEastern PA
Detector(s) used
Whites DI6000/Pro & Minelab Sovereign
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kyle , that is a beauty! There is a lot of history in the ground in this part of the country. Was this a site you stumbled on or did you do your homework first? It pays "big time" to get all the facts and history first in order to make the neat finds! Congratulations! - JHinPA

Baggins

Bronze Member
Jan 2, 2007
TEXAS
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV / Garrett Ace 250/Minelab X-Terra 70
Dude, GREAT find!! You guys always seem to find some KILLER items!!
WTG!
Baggins

OP
OP
Kyle PA

Kyle PA

May 12, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000
JHinPA said:
Kyle , that is a beauty! There is a lot of history in the ground in this part of the country. Was this a site you stumbled on or did you do your homework first? It pays "big time" to get all the facts and history first in order to make the neat finds! Congratulations! - JHinPA

I researched the site before we ever walked into the field and detected it.

Hill Billy

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
Other
Well done Kyle. Finds like that don't come around very often.
All of these great finds on tnet lately are making me want to dig, of course it's gonna take some rain first. ::).
Congrats to ya.

Hill

cheffer

Sep 17, 2004
Western Mass
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Fisher 1275 LTD, Fisher 1265, Fisher 1270, Tesoro Vaquero
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
what a find, well-deserved banner...

Top Member Reactions