Carrollton Texas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cult Member
Cutlass II micromax
Bandido II micromax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1920's house dozed.

The earth in Dallas is like chocolate cake, nice and soft! But the earth has also been stingy with the goods which is why I haven't posted lately. A few months ago I did post some finds from a local site. The Texas Confederate Veterans medal along with the Texas State Fair medal and a Ft.Worth bar token. The vacant house which these find were closely located was recently dozed so I detected. Here is what I found:

First a series of shots of a letter opener. The letter opener has some history behind it. It says "The Morten-Davis Manufacturing Company". Read this if you are interested: http://www.tsha.utexas.edu/handbook/online/articles/DD/oedfb.html

Next, a hand carved shell buckle I found on the surface.

The next shot is of something they probably handed out the kids when they were crossing guards at school.

Next, 2 silver plated spoons.

Finally the "Coup de Grace", a merchant token. The reverse is blank. Obverse reads "GOOD FOR 5c J.S. HAGINS PLANO TEX." Plano was settled in 1845 and ol' J.S. was born in 1852 and passed in 1914 so the Collin County genealogy site says. Notice how the 5c in lightly stamped. Am I wrong to think that ol J.S. could stamp these tokens in various denomations and possibly have stamped that one himself?

Attachments

• MDlettOpen107.jpg
    MDlettOpen107.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 920
  • MDlettOpen207.jpg
    MDlettOpen207.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 928
  • MDlettOpen307.jpg
    MDlettOpen307.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 918
  • shellbuckle07.jpg
    shellbuckle07.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 919
  • SafetyCouncilpin07.jpg
    SafetyCouncilpin07.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 910
  • silPlatespoons07.jpg
    silPlatespoons07.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 906
  • PlanoToken2.jpg
    PlanoToken2.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 914
Upvote 0

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Re: 1920's house dozed.

Hey, Satellite. Nice stuff.

I especially like the shell buckle. It's great! :)

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Great finds. I love the letter opener. Fantastic pix too. Great day!

noebody

Dec 9, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE....Excalibur coming soon

It's nice to see someone finding something nice here in the cold mud. I aint goin out till it warms up.

eathabs

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2005
Sunbury, PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 300, Classic ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

That shell buckle is sweet!! Great stuff!!

Marty-Graw

Feb 8, 2006
Albertville Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage, Garrett Treasure Ace 300

pretty awesome finds...... i love the letter opener.... i have a letter opener price guide and one witht the same shape and design but different company books for $25....very nice

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

The earth in Dallas is like chocolate cake, nice and soft

Bet it ain't like that today..LOL seen the news and the ice and snow you got. I am about 6-7 hours away. We were at 76 yesterday and are just now getting the tip of the cold front coming in.

Really cool finds though! Perhaps after the freeze some more goodies will come up.

larrybass

Jan 12, 2006
Ottawa, Ontario
Detector(s) used
Tesoro-Amigo

Awesome there Satellite!! :) 8) Like, what's not to like in those scores??? ??? Man, it certainly pays off large to know when to jump in as opportunities present themselves to those who are, shall I say, quick of mind and body and wand? ;D

I LOVE TH'ing! ;D and, as I can see here very well, YOU do too. Your photos are SO well done. :) They are SO crisp and beautifully colored and just FULL of the vibes that brings all of us here to feel. To share these rare treats & treasures with your fellow detectorists, right here on the BEST Treasure Website on the whole darn www system, is to spread this powerful thing that gets us all "rockin' " ;) I've been into photography for a quite a number of years, so trust me dude, your renditions are flawless. 8)

Please share with the forum, the brand or model of the camera your usin' there my friend too, if you could. :-\ I know there are many members in this forum who would be pretty interested in that type of data as well. ;) Anyone who comes here to read your very thoughtful post will, not only be presented with your beautifully rendered artwork, but they will feel these vibes of the real "treasure hunters" , as well, which TN seems to attract. ;D Not everyone likes to share stuff in life. Your pics and words makes us all feel proud to be in the group of sharing, caring folks out there in that big ol' world! Thanks again for posting Satellite! 8)

Oh ya, I agrees, I love's :-* the Coup de Grace Merchant Token best of all too, especially what with the ?olive? oil perhaps, slow soak method of coin treatment, still slowly makin' that ol' beauty, come even more back to life for all your lucky viewers...

HH

Charlene

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2006
SE, Virginia
Detector(s) used
MineLab Excal II & Bounty Hunter Land Star

Thanks for sharing your finds, and oooola la, the shell buckle!

A

Ace-of-Cups

what questions should i ask to find things, i hear detector, isnt this dowsing forum, i find stuff with pendulum, what do i ask it?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread