Mar 13, 2008
Pittsfield Ma.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T-2SE--Whites Prism IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
2-Piece "Navy" (or Marine) Buckle found at 1770's house. "Update" Uncle Kenny

Kinda late so I'll write the story tomarrow. Found by my Uncle Kenny Adams who is visiting from Texas. Relic was over 8" down, and found in Hinsdale Ma. at a 1770's house. :headbang: O.K. here's the story: Called Uncle Kenny for a hunt on some property I have permission to hunt. She is one of my customers and a real nice lady. She actually celebrated her 91st on wed. the day of my hunt. So when I picked up Kenny, he got into my truck, and had mentioned he hunted his brothers place, where he stays when up here, earlier in the day. He said he had found something and wanted to show me, as he wasn't quite sure what it was. When he pulled it from his pouch I almost fell out of the truck!! HOLY( something or other and other)......!!!!!! When he told me his brother said "That thing ain't worth squat", I told him that this had to be his best find ever in his 40, (YES 40), years of detecting! I think when I showed him the site that Grasshopper posted for me, it really started to sink in. He is a great guy, and was my dads best friend,( we always called him Uncle Kenny, not really my Uncle) But he is to us. Relic was found in the vacinity of ALL my Banner finds from last year. Seems to be a hot place for relics and coins of this period. I couldn't stop talking about it , all the way to Tyringham. (about 20 miles away). I think I was more excited than him. :laughing7: Some pics of Uncle Kenny at Hogges house with his find!

Attachments

• jy15^001.jpg
    jy15^001.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 1,410
  • jy15^002.jpg
    jy15^002.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 1,394
  • Picture 088.jpg
    Picture 088.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 653
  • Picture 089.jpg
    Picture 089.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 660
  • Picture 090.jpg
    Picture 090.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 656
Upvote 1

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys and girls, I was wondering why this thing hasn't made the banner. Because it was found by my uncle, who is NOT a T-Net member, it will not make it. I have made several inqueries about this piece and hope to here about it soon. Will keep ya'll informed about it's rarity, and of course, VALUE! It's ALL about "The Benjamins!" :laughing7: :hello2: :headbang: :laughing9:

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/today-s-finds/589252-tongue-potion-two-piece-naval-buckle.html

As there has been a recent similar one found & you promised us an update, please let us know how you got on?

(PS. not to worry it was IDed as a 1920s swimwear buckle)

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread