2007 gold

lowtones

Aug 19, 2006
USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur , Explorer 2 ,Soverign elite,
I haven't been on line for a while. Last week i started reading everyones post's and it got my metal detecting blood flowing so i went out twice for a total of 4 hours and got lucky!!
can't wait for the next minus tides i found a virgin spot and can't wait to disect it slowly.
HH
low tones

Attachments

• jan 24th.jpg
    jan 24th.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 640
Upvote 0

Gulf Hunter

Jan 12, 2007
Galveston Co., Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 800s
Real nice lode there lowtones. If I were you, think strongly about gridding the area. I use ski buoys attached with about a 6' length of nylon rope to a square cinder block and git after it! Keep us posted on that sweet hole. Is that surf loot or what? You running an Excal or what?

OP
OP
lowtones

lowtones

Aug 19, 2006
USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur , Explorer 2 ,Soverign elite,
Yes i am using an excalibur. This area was found with alot of research. It is very close to home and i will be spending the winter there. The great part is i can go during lowtides i don't need to wait for the minus tides. Although the minus tides will make it a little easier.
HH
lowtones

jopher

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2003
Mid Michigan
Detector(s) used
IDX Classic SL-x2....Excalibur1000
Awesome LT.Its like 3 degrees with a sub-zero windchill here in MI.Your gold just made it seem a little warmer....Joe

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's damn good for a couple of hunts...congrats to you and your site!

HH!
TBGO

RON (PA)

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark
Super finds. You can bet that there is more gold in there. I would grid the area and hit it as much as I could. Let us know what else you find.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread