Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: 2011 DUTCH HUNTER'S RENDEZVOUS

Oroblanco said:
Blindbowman said:
Oroblanco said:
Blindbowman - the Lost Dutchman state park has full hookups and are pretty reasonable, and it isn't too far from the Don's camp, if you wanted to have hookups for water, sewer etc. They also have shower and toilet facilities which is nice for people camping with tents like us.
Roy

i thaught i was in heaven for second , hookup here in new york means the wild thing ..
i had to wonder if they gave you really great part servse there ..lol

Well that term "hookup" in a social context simply means DATING in many parts of the country, not the 'wild thing' so could lead to some embarrassing results. On the other hand, I am sure that kind of "part service" you refer to is likely available in nearby Phoenix, which carries its own risks.
Roy

i dont date , women are like fine wine , they should be kept for a few years ,

but i often wanted to put a cork in her mouth because she would not shutt up !

thank god , he made man first or we would never here the end of it .. shhhh i dont beleive it ether but it sure shutt her up ..

as for eve ... apple or grape

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

BB,

Have you heard that old joke?

God made men first - as a prototype, and then fixed his mistakes?? :thumbsup: :coffee2:

Beth

Gossamer

Apr 1, 2008
AZ

LOL Beth... I like that.

Hopefully I will get my Dad to park his 5th wheel out there and let me use his 4 wheeler.

I can't wait to meet you and Roy! :hello:

BB, I hope you get all your ducks in a row so you are able to make it.
Janiece

daleson

Sep 10, 2011

Hey Cactusjumper,

I knew your uncle Chuck and you probably knew my father- Dale Howard. I also know Ernie and many others who sought the LDM; Dave Fromm, Bob Aker, and a loud mouthed kid named Vince Eminowicz (?). I read in another post here that Tracy Hawkins died last year. I knew him for many years; he was a good man.
I would enjoy having a discussion about all of this sometime.
Tim

Blindbowman

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

two hours yesterday "under the mallard ". sounds like a song ...lol

the duck belly wacker ..lol

but i am working every day on getting things to gather .. the list is long and its takeing every second i have to work on it .. we got to stock up for 20 days and Helen is on a low salt dieit..

i got a lot of things fixed so far but i still have a lot to do ..the altanator is comeing soon and that should give me some idea of whats left after .. the brake line is leeking some where up on the main line just over the frame in the back above the T ..so it will take a little to dig it out and find out where it is leeking at ..
its pain in the a** place for it to go bad

but i am checking all the lines and the brakes are like new . but no one has done the lines in years ...i like my RV to stop when i use the brakes ...lol she goes in for inspection on the 21st ..that will give me 18 days before we leave . not a lot of time if something is wrong ...it will take a few days just to pack up and get ready .. if god willing i will be there on the morning of the 21st ... joe said the gates would be open early for people to come in and get set up .. i need a big space . i have 48 ft of rv and s10 ...and i need room to unhook if i want to go anywhere local with the s10 ..

i hope there is space for this kind of a RV and setup there ... i could unhook the truck befor i come into the gates ..its on a pins tow bar...i got that all monted and ready with doulb safty chains on both end .i got the safty lights and everything looks great so far for the two part of it ... i ran over a shape peice of metal the ther day and it destored the tire so i had to have a new tire put on the rim i have a spare . but $88 bucks right now was more then i want to spend ...but the tire is safe and ready to go ...

i am getting ready ..

Blindbowman

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

yes, i got a new coffee pot ...lol :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :coffee2: :thumbsup:

Sentinel

Jan 5, 2007

I know I rarely pop in with much of anything to add, but it has been a busy summer for me.

This year should be pretty exciting as we have a few new guests including a gentleman making his return to the Superstitions for the first time in 45 years! Saturday evening will be the main night for our guest speaker, but I wouldn't miss a moment of campfire time this year!The Saturday morning hike is still up in the air. We like something that allows as many people as possible to participate without being to redundant. I am sure Howard will be receptive to a group visiting the Quarter Circle U as well.

A big thank you to Greg, Randy, Jesse, Joe and Bob Schoose for all their help this year.

OP
OP
cactusjumper

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona

daleson said:
Hey Cactusjumper,

I knew your uncle Chuck and you probably knew my father- Dale Howard. I also know Ernie and many others who sought the LDM; Dave Fromm, Bob Aker, and a loud mouthed kid named Vince Eminowicz (?). I read in another post here that Tracy Hawkins died last year. I knew him for many years; he was a good man.
I would enjoy having a discussion about all of this sometime.
Tim

Tim,

Good to hear from you. Yes, I knew your dad. Met him several times at Chuck's and went into his "claim" on Black Top Mountain once. It's been many years, so I don't remember everything, but I will never forget that trip. I don't remember that much about Tracy either, but we did get back in touch with him a few years before his death. Had some nice visits with him.

Ernie Provence called me last night and gave me Doc Phillips phone number. He is living in Montana now and told Ernie he would like to get in contact with me. Ernie will be in Arizona next month and says he would like to attend the Rendezvous.

I liked your dad. Thought he was a fine man and had more grit than most. The story of his falling asleep on the way out of the mountains and having a rattlesnake spook his horse making him rear up and going over backwards pinning Dale in a bed of cholla cactus, is still one of the best stories of all time.

I have been in contact with Vince a number of times over the last few years. Don't recall ever meeting him, but that seems to have been my loss.

Will you be able to make the Rendezvous this year. Believe it will be my last one, and I doubt Ernie will be making it that much longer.......

Thanks for the post.

Take care,

Joe

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

BB, you posted -->yes, i got a new coffee pot ...lol

sorry, unless you get Beth to give you some of oro's ole socks and his secret to brew with, forget it. I'll con joe.

Don Jose de La Mancha

Blindbowman

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Real de Tayopa Tropical Tramp said:
BB, you posted -->yes, i got a new coffee pot ...lol

sorry, unless you get Beth to give you some of oro's ole socks and his secret to brew with, forget it. I'll con joe.

Don Jose de La Mancha

read that sh** and under stand it it says "I got" who to fu** said you were getting any...lol

daleson

Sep 10, 2011

Joe,
I won't be able to make it to the rendezvous. I still remember my dad pulling cactus needles out of his back a few months after getting laid out in them. I hope Ernie can make it. Like many, the LDM was a real passion for him. I can still se your uncle Chuck smoking Marlboro 100's- after tearing off the filter. It's funny the things that stand out after a few years have passed. I think Dave Fromm would have some good stories and information if he can be found; he used to live in Tempe near Broadway and Farmer roads.

All the best,

Tim

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

BB you posted -->read that xxxx and under stand it it says "I got" who to xxxxx said you were getting any...lol
You 'know' if I were there, you would be on your hands and knees trying to wrangle information out of me, or at least to get to know ME, ME EL Reincarnated Jesuit from Tayopa.

So go beg Beth for an old sock and his recipe.

Don Jose de La Mancha

Blindbowman

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

i got broken speed cable and its been a lot of fun to day working on the alternator . got it all in and its chargeing . got to wait to test it .. the radio and tape player had a tape in it and i push the eject bottom and it blew the fuse ...lol what a peice of crap ...lol i had to pull the tape out with a pair of vice crips ..lol i dont think its going to work again ,,lol ...i got to much other stuff to fix right now .. but that was some funny sh** ....

i just like the drip coffee maker .. you can use your socks or his for all i care ...

when i am setting on a mts in the medle of no where , i like my coffee to be up lefting ...lol

Blindbowman

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

JOE : is there anything we need at the Rendenous .. other then the truth ...lol
i got cords and two gens and compresser and airtools ...

a dry white board for drawing on ..with esl....anything else you can think of ...?

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)

Blindbowman wrote
JOE : is there anything we need at the Rendenous .. other then the truth ...

What? :o We are supposed to be truthful at the rendezvous? When did this rule go into effect? Sheesh must be they want me to remain silent!
:tongue3: ;D :D

Oroblanco

Sock coffee anyone?
:coffee2: :coffee2: :coffee2:

Blindbowman

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Oroblanco said:
Blindbowman wrote
JOE : is there anything we need at the Rendenous .. other then the truth ...

What? :o We are supposed to be truthful at the rendezvous? When did this rule go into effect? Sheesh must be they want me to remain silent!
:tongue3: ;D :D

Oroblanco

Sock coffee anyone?
:coffee2: :coffee2: :coffee2:

dont worry Oro the last thing there will be is silents ...if there is that much BS that explains all that plant growth out there ,.... no wonder those cactus are so tall ,....BS straight up ...LOL

Blindbowman

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

long day .. i drove the mallard to a shop about 7 miles away today it drove fine the motor runs 99% ...

i spent 3 hours changeing the right front b rake on my bike . are the close call last week it was not releaseing right and it had to go .. i got a new one on and it rides great .. i have been working so much on the mallard i did not have time to ride . today i road about 12 miles around the back roads and it work great .. i got lot more to do before bed time ..

you take care

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)

Blindbowman wrote
dont worry Oro the last thing there will be is silents ...if there is that much BS that explains all that plant growth out there ,.... no wonder those cactus are so tall ,....BS straight up ...LOL

I doubt there was much BS at the rendezvous, unless I was speaking. :tongue3:

Sounds like your RV is ready to roll - if you want to get a site at the state park (in order to have everything hooked up, water, septic, electric) it might be wise to call and be sure of getting a space. I don't think there are any services at the Dons club site.
Oroblanco

OP
OP
cactusjumper

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona

Roy,

That is correct. If you bring an RV, it needs to be self contained.

Looking forward to a good visit with everyone.

Take care,

Joe

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread