Blindbowman

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: 2011 DUTCH HUNTER'S RENDEZVOUS

cactusjumper said:
Roy,

That is correct. If you bring an RV, it needs to be self contained.

Looking forward to a good visit with everyone.

Take care,

Joe

yes the Mallard is fully self contained.i can hold 100 gallons of fresh water and 80 gallons of sewer water . but some one said DON's camp has bathrooms ...

i will make sure she is dumped before i go to the Rendenous

i have no idea how long we can stay at Rendenous .it will depend on how long it takes us to get there. its a long trip and i would like to stay for the 3 days .if we can .. we have a few other stops to make . but lets see how the weather holds before we get to far ahead of our selfs ..

yes the Mallard drove great and ran great ,,, the brake line will be replaced from front to back and tested again and the speed cable will be replaces ..

i have had time to fix a lot of the little stuff that normally you find after you take off ... so that may help make the trip a little easyer ...

the tow hitch is all done and ready with safty chains front and back ...

joe is there anything else we could need there .i know i am a new commer to this event but i may have something we need as well ...

i have a big grill but its to far to bring it ..i know its a shame its self cleaning ...lol

as it stands right now . yes i will try to be there all 3 days .. one day to show you i did find it and 2 days to rest after ...

lets find out if there is any ore left in the mine ...frist .. yes it is the LDM...and yes i know for a fact it is ... :coffee2:

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Oroblanco said:
Blindbowman wrote
dont worry Oro the last thing there will be is silents ...if there is that much BS that explains all that plant growth out there ,.... no wonder those cactus are so tall ,....BS straight up ...LOL

I doubt there was much BS at the rendezvous, unless I was speaking. :tongue3:

Sounds like your RV is ready to roll - if you want to get a site at the state park (in order to have everything hooked up, water, septic, electric) it might be wise to call and be sure of getting a space. I don't think there are any services at the Dons club site.
Oroblanco

I'm not sure if you can reserve a site at the State Park in advance. I know I called a couple years ago about a campsite for tent/etc... and they said it can't be reserved - it may be different for RV's though. Worth a call

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

This is "the latest" from The Lost Dutchman park.

Coming Soon!
Other parks will have online reservations in 2011! Here are the remaining camping parks listed in the order they are scheduled to come online (subject to change) for campground reservations.

•Lost Dutchman State Park (Apache Junction) September

•Homolovi State Park (Winslow) October

Until a park is on the system camping sites are on a first-come, first-serve basis.

So, it SHOULD be available for reservations starting this month - I stress "SHOULD"

Beth

OP
OP
cactusjumper

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona

bb,

The park will be taking reservations after Friday, Sept. 16. Sites with electricity. hookups will be $25.00 a day. They have water, but no sewer hookups. I believe sites without electricity are $15.00

Call: 520-586-2283

See you there,

Joe Ribaudo

Blindbowman

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

cactusjumper said:
bb,

The park will be taking reservations after Friday, Sept. 16. Sites with electricity. hookups will be $25.00 a day. They have water, but no sewer hookups. I believe sites without electricity are $15.00

Call: 520-586-2283

See you there,

Joe Ribaudo

joe thanks for the info .. but i am going to stay down south with family and try to come up the morning of the 21st ...i got a lot to do still .. latter

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Well, just in case you decide to stay at the LD, they do have a dump station, and showers. No generators after 9 pm.

Beth

Blindbowman

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

mrs.oroblanco said:
Well, just in case you decide to stay at the LD, they do have a dump station, and showers. No generators after 9 pm.

Beth

thats good to know ,thanks beth .. no generators after 9 pm . i under stand , they make some sound dont they .....

OP
OP
cactusjumper

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona

All,

This, for the most part, is some of a post that I made for last year's Rendezvous:

With the help of a few friends, we held the first Dutch Hunter's Rendezvous at Twin Buttes, near Florence. We were there with a purpose, and that was to find the scrapings on a hillside in the area. Around 35 people said they would attend, only 13 of us showed up. Of course we had stew/garlic toast for dinner Friday night, and Italian sausage gravy with mom's biscuits ready for around 40 people for Sat. morning breakfast. Roger brought salad for everyone.

We all sat under the shade at our trailer and talked about people and the history of the LDM. As it was a small group, the conversation was lively and flowed where it wanted. We discussed the LDM, history, Native Americans (mostly Apache) and religion. I doubt anyone felt left out. Carolyn was the only lady there, except for Gloria who showed up with Brad on Saturday. They only stayed for the day.

Each year we set up our trailer and provide as much shade as we can. We bring extra chairs and everyone else usually has their own. We try to bring enough stew/garlic toast for everyone for Friday night. Roger always brings salad. We do the same for biscuits and gravy for Saturday morning. To be honest, that got a little out of hand last year, as we probably had 75 people show up. We served ' till we ran out of food. We always bring extra.

What we have lost since that first Rendezvous, is the ability to have quiet, intimate conversations with our friends. Carolyn tries to do everything she can to keep me free to mix with the folks, but when it gets that big and I am trying to act as camp host, it gets hectic. We set up our camp hoping to accommodate everyone under the shade.

What you get at the Rendezvous, is the chance to talk to many people one on one. Small conversations break out all over the place. Anyone who attends is welcome in any of those small talks, as long as the participants don't ask for privacy. No one should feel slighted if that happens.

We probably fed around 100 people for the last two years running. We finally put out a tip jar to defray some of the food costs. The homemade stew has plenty of meat and is not a cheap dish. We will try to have enough for 75-100 people again this year. If you can't afford to donate, that's OK. We will feed folks until we run out of food.

Most people bring steaks for Saturday night. We will bring our gas BBQ for anyone who wants to use it. Firewood, Water and Ice are always a good thing for you to bring, but we will have bottles of water on ice for whoever needs it. Anyone who wants to add to the meals is welcome to bring whatever they want. Lunches are on your own, as well as Sunday Breakfast. We start breaking camp before noon.

This year's Rendezvous should be a great event!

See you there,

Joe & Carolyn

IMG_5291.jpg

IMG_5341.jpg

IMG_5350.jpg

IMG_5369.jpg

Blindbowman

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

are those poosers ,....

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)

Blindbowman said:
are those poosers ,....

I presume you mean "posers"? Do you consider Bob Corbin a "poser"? :o :o :o Thank you in advance,
Oroblanco

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Of all the things BB has ever said in the past, that last post of his is the most absolutely disrespectful and contemptuous one of all. It's a clear indication imho of the kind of person he is. Do you even know who the folks are in those photos BB?

I didn't think so!

OP
OP
cactusjumper

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona

Blindbowman said:
are those poosers ,....

bb,

You have got to be kidding. ::) No doubt you will show them all the error of their ways at the Rendezvous. :D

Joe Ribaudo

BenThereDoneThat

Feb 27, 2008
Apache Junction, AZ
Detector(s) used
MXT 300 / Javelina Gold Trommel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Dont see Little BobbyBilly "BB" in those pics...so the answer would be NO!

Blindbowman

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

cactusjumper said:
Blindbowman said:
are those poosers ,....

bb,

You have got to be kidding. ::) No doubt you will show them all the error of their ways at the Rendezvous. :D

Joe Ribaudo

i ment they were poosing for the pictures as a joke .. and i dont even know if i can get there yet , so i really dont care at this point if you go on acting like you know where your dagger is ... . i am canning tomatos latter ...

Blindbowman

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Oroblanco said:
Blindbowman said:
are those poosers ,....

I presume you mean "posers"? Do you consider Bob Corbin a "poser"? :o :o :o Thank you in advance,
Oroblanco
i dont know bob corbin or his wife .. they do not know me , in fact, you dont know me ...

Blindbowman

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

cactusjumper said:
Blindbowman said:
are those poosers ,....

bb,

Joe Ribaudo

i may not even be there ... and i really dont care ...

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

BB,

First of all, Bob Corbin's wife has passed away, and I think we can drop that line of talk.

Second of all - I gotta tell you - if you want to meet someone who knows ALOT about ALOT of things, its Bob Corbin.

Also, there are many other folks in those photos who have been 'pounding the trails' long before you were even born. They have forgotten more than you will ever know.

However, I will tell you this - this group of folks will listen to anything you might have to say - but - be forewarned, they have the knowledge - the personal knowledge - to pin you down to the exacting details, because, I'm telling you - they've "been there, done that", and they are still some of the most respectful - remember that word - respectful, folks you will ever meet.

They know the difference between steak and BS, and, if you attend the rendezvous, you will be expected to leave any "issues" at the gates, and treat people like you would want to be treated yourself.

Beth

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)

Blindbowman said:
Oroblanco said:
Blindbowman said:
are those poosers ,....

Oroblanco
i dont know bob corbin or his wife .. they do not know me , in fact, you dont know me ...

Ah, but this is why they hold the rendezvous, so that we can get together in a friendly meeting to get to know each other. You don't know me other than what we write online here same as what I know of you, and internet impressions can be very distorted from reality.

Blindbowman also wrote
i may not even be there ... and i really dont care ...

Well none of us can state for an absolute certainty we will make it there, but we are sure going to do our best to make it.

Canning tomatoes eh? I am dehydrating a batch of potatoes at the moment, and will be putting in a batch of ham later on. It is that time of year! :thumbsup:
Roy

Sock coffee anyone?
:coffee2: :coffee2: :coffee2:

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I seriously doubt Clay Worst has ever been called a "poser" by anyone before.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread