OP
TheMastermind

TheMastermind

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Pennsy
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Picked up eleven boxes of halves last week, only found two 40%ers. Both were from the last box that I got around to searching, laaate last night:

1969D

iontyre

Mar 1, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow Mastermind, I don't feel so bad. Just one box for me, and no silver. I did fill out most of my circulated collection and found 5 NIFC's (2005D, 2006D, 2008D, 2009P, 2010D) and two clad proofs (1992S, 2001S). I've tallied up the total date/mint counts from my box to give an idea of availability for prospective searchers and will post it in my log later.

OP
OP
TheMastermind

TheMastermind

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Pennsy
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Picked up a box of dimes + $40 worth of CWR of halves today on my lunch break. Scored two 40%ers from the CWR:

Dumped the remaining halves from the CWR and found a silver Washington in the reject tray: 1950!

8-)

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
Picked up eleven boxes of halves last week, only found two 40%ers. Both were from the last box that I got around to searching, laaate last night:

1969D

It must have been nice seeing some silver in that last box. Maybe u though u were dreaming lol. But even that's better than my boxes lately, after another skunk box today I've now only found one 40% out of my last 11 half boxes. But I did manage to find one 40% in the last roll of $70 in cwr's I got today from another bank. So I was just happy I found some silver to finish of the month. Congrats on that proof Ben and the silver halves and quarter u found today. I've still never found any silver in the reject trays yet. The best I can ever seem to find from a reject tray is just a wheat or two and occasional clad foreign coins.

Hope we both have better luck with our boxes next month!

OP
OP
TheMastermind

TheMastermind

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Pennsy
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't really complain about March, I killed it in the beginning of the month. Only this last week and a half has been slow for me.

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
Oh that's right u had that great 95 keeper box just a couple of weeks ago. Seems like there has been so many great finds lately its hard to keep track of who's finding what. And I guess that's the difference between doing low volume vs. high volume. When I have 11 or so bad boxes its drags on for almost a month. But someone who does higher volume like yourself can do 11 or more lousy boxes in a week and get onto some better boxes quicker. U found more silver in that near dream box than I've found all year so far lol.

OP
OP
TheMastermind

TheMastermind

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Pennsy
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, sometimes it feels like you're just spinning your wheels when you do lower volume. But eventually you'll come across a good box or two and it'll feel all the more spectacular.

I don't to super high volume or anything, I average ten boxes a week. The guys on here that do 20+ boxes in a week really blow my mind.

And, to put that almost-dream-box into perspective: I found more silver in that one box than I had all year prior, as well as after it so far. Haha.

OP
OP
TheMastermind

TheMastermind

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Pennsy
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Picked up a box of dimes yesterday on my lunch break, scored one Roosie: 1962D.

OP
OP
TheMastermind

TheMastermind

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Pennsy
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Picked up two boxes of halves today on my lunch break, one was a skunk. The other one gave up ten keepers:

1967 x 4
1968D x 4
1969D

8-)

Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
NOX 800, Ace 250, Garret Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet box man!!

Hope my 10 tommorow are near as good! haha... HH

Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They werent... big skunk city!!

I did find about 75 buffalo boy marks though... ugh what a let down

Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

barneyb71

Mar 6, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just read this whole post....why? I don't know. That is a nice looking Ben. I like to read what other people find out there. I now know why I can't find anything in district 3, MM has found it all. Lots of good finds, definitely more volume then I do. I love the title too....Monday - Friday morning around 8:30 AM, I say "it's almost hunting time". Not sure if I'm the hunter or if the coins are haunting me. Great post, I'm going to keep reading it.

OP
OP
TheMastermind

TheMastermind

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Pennsy
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Ouch, sorry to hear. I've been finding a lot of coins marked with a mark that I haven't seen before. It's a triangle drawn on either the obverse or reverse of the coin, but not on both sides.

Also, the last few boxes of halves have been coded 6037. First time I've seen that code.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread