Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Tesoro Tiger Shark

Dell Winders

Jan 18, 2012
Haines City, FL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well John, it's pretty easy. Just have someone at the cookout to sell raffle tickets, and place the stubs in a box, can, jar, or what have you. That's it.

A lot of people will donate items they no longer want to keep to help with the raffle. At the end of the day someone randomly draws the winning raffle tickets from the box, and the folks that donated the prizes have the chance to win back the things they were trying to get rid of and all the money goes to you to help pay your out of pocket expenses, showing our support for you being such a nice guy for your selfless devotion of your time and energy to organize and put on an event dedicated to Treasure Hunting.

I hope we remember "Pegleg" who also made a a sacrificial effort to get Treasure Hunters together. Dell

OP
OP
aquanut

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
I hope we remember "Pegleg" who also made a a sacrificial effort to get Treasure Hunters together. Dell[/QUOTE]

Pegleg and I enjoyed a few adventures together. I still miss the guy!

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
DONWEBB.JPG

We all miss Peg Leg.

Dell Winders

Jan 18, 2012
Haines City, FL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
O.K. looks like there is going to be a raffle. Start looking through the house, garage, shed, or boat for those things that are just taking up space and bring them to the raffle. A bottle of rum would likely sell a few tickets, a jar of home made jam, a silver bar, a gift card, a piece of jewelry, an old bottle or artifact you name it. your junk might be some one elses Treasure, and help support this event.

Trez, has already posted a special, one of a kind prize that some of my dollars are going to try to win.

Let us know if you are bringing items to donate to the raffle. I would like to try to win a used compass for my boat. hint, hint. Many Thanx. Dell

PETE, thanks for the Pegleg memory. If someone has his phone number, maybe we could get Pegleg's son to come to the cookout?

Last edited:
OP
OP
aquanut

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Food and Stuff

Deb and I are going to COSCO in a few minutes to buy the ribs, budweiser and miscellaneous items based on an estimated 80 people or so.
We will make up a list of suggestions of some things that might be needed when we get back.
Aquanut

Booty Salvage

May 31, 2011
Ft Pierce Florida
Detector(s) used
3 Aqua pulse, 1 Excalibur
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
The crew of Booty Salvage will be there! I went last year but this year I have to send my crew. I will be in a fishing tournament out of Port Canaveral trying to catch that trophy Mahi-Mahi.

-Eric Schmitt

OP
OP
aquanut

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
The crew of Booty Salvage will be there! I went last year but this year I have to send my crew. I will be in a fishing tournament out of Port Canaveral trying to catch that trophy Mahi-Mahi.

-Eric Schmitt

Hey Eric,
How many are in the crew?
Aquanut

ScubaFinder

Bronze Member
Jul 11, 2006
Tampa, FL
Detector(s) used
AquaPulse AQ1B - AquaPulse DX-200 Magnetometer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I will donate a shipwreck coin for the auction as well. A 1740 French coin (2 Sols or Sou Marquee) like the one pictured below for the raffle. I won't be there until probably 4:00 on Saturday, but this will be with me or I can try to send it ahead if need be.

Jason

Attachments

• fr_coin.jpg
    fr_coin.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 75
OP
OP
aquanut

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
I will donate a shipwreck coin for the auction as well. A 1740 French coin (2 Sols or Sou Marquee) like the one pictured below for the raffle. I won't be there until probably 4:00 on Saturday, but this will be with me or I can try to send it ahead if need be.

Jason

Jason,
I guess the raffle/auction will still be in swing by 4PM. I don't know. The live music will end at 3pm because he's got another gig at Disneyworld at 6pm. It's the Boom Box after that. You might want to send it along with somebody who can make it earlier. It would also be cool if you could make it earlier too.
John

OP
OP
aquanut

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Dell,

I'll will donate a coin display like the one pictured below so John can add it to the raffle if he so chooses.
Also, I will bring a 2 lbs. of mixed gold paydirt...you will find gold in this !!! it is a blast to pan and great for those days when the seas are to rough to get out or the beaches to flat.

PS. GOHO...yes I have panned Rio Mar sands before.

John, I like the raffle idea, it fun for everyone and a good way to raise a few bucks. See you soon.

Trez

Many Thanks, Trez. Everything you bring will be shared with our friends! Also, I'm forwarding a message fron E.D. on your PM.
John

OP
OP
aquanut

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Just to let you all know,
If you'd like to set up an exhibit to present or sell treasure related stuff, you are surely welcome to do so. This isn't exactly Pegleg's Treasure Expo, but it can be a facsimile.
Aquanut

OP
OP
aquanut

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Hey Everybody,
Deb and I are pre-boiling about ninety pounds of ribs right now. They'll be put over a hickory fire and BBQ'd Saturday. We'll also be bringing Bud and Bud Light. Her daughter Kristen will be bringing the Deviled eggs and FlaGal, will be preparing the Black Eyed Peas and Collards to go with Deb's Pork Roast.
I think Steve McAdoo is bringing something too.
We'd welcome the help from everybody that brought covered dishes last year and anything new! It was the shared dishes that really made the cookout a success in the past! We'll no doubt have a shortage of chairs, so please, if you can, bring a couple. I'm going to ask a few close friends to cover things like sodas and tea plus whatever else may be suggested. The plates, cups, napkins, tablecloths and such are already taken care of. The live entertainment will run from about 11:30 am 'till 3pm. After that, it's CD's on the Boom Box. A lot of you know me and if you have any questions, feel free to ask here, call, or PM me.
I know that I haven't covered all bases yet, so I'll keep updating until Thursday. After that, I'll be setting up at the Pennwood!
Aquanut John

Last edited:

bobinsd

Oct 20, 2005
San Diego California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
John, do you have a Paypal account. I won't be there but I can send something to help with expenses.

Bob

OP
OP
aquanut

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Quote from SteveMc: "John, as last year I can bring the sodas. I can bring some cole slaw too. I will bring everything for that, not made and make it at the site, it gets soggy if I was to make here and bring it there, fresh is best. Let me know aprox number of people to calculate both of those."

90 to 100

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread