Native Floridian

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ft Myers, Florida
Detector(s) used
Excal, Sov GT
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
NF if N. Korea sends 24 war ships in to sit off the coast of Seoul Korea in international waters does the president ask the Admiral if he wants help or do they order in the 7th Fleet.

When JFK heard their were Russian medium range missiles in Cuba did he ask the air force if they needed help?

Our embassies are U.S. terrorities, an attack or pending attack against one is the same as an attack on U.S soil. Protecting and defending our terrorities is the president's job, bo's job is more than just lying to American citizens and attacking our Bill of Rights. His job includes the security of all our embassies world wide.

If a terrorist burps they put America on alert, but multiple threats against an embassy doesn't rate any concern by a sitting president. Give me a break.

We will NOT go quitely into the night!

You are comparing Benghazi to the Cuban missile crisis? Seriously?

Is it on record that the president wasn't concerned? Or, that the president wasn't informed? Or, that the president did nothing? If so ,a little less anti Obama diatribe and maybe share some links?

That we had intelligence showing a deteriorating situation is that doing nothing? That we relied on the people closest to that situation to call the shots, is doing nothing?

here's a news flash, benghazi was not the Cuban Missile Crisis.

BTW, how many marines were killed in Beirut in 1983?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Is it on record that the president wasn't concerned? Or, that the president wasn't informed? Or, that the president did nothing? If so ,a little less anti Obama diatribe and maybe share some links?

That we had intelligence showing a deteriorating situation is that doing nothing? That we relied on the people closest to that situation to call the shots, is doing nothing?

Embassy was attacked twice several months prior to 911, terrorists were flying al qaeda flags from roof tops days before and posted on website attacks were imminent,; Libyan gov warn attack was coming...

Your correct, nothing there to make a president or adminstration suspect they needed extra security.

njal

May 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
JFK didn't go to Vegas during the Cuban missile crisis.

Native Floridian

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ft Myers, Florida
Detector(s) used
Excal, Sov GT
Primary Interest:
Embassy was attacked twice several months prior to 911, terrorists were flying al qaeda flags from roof tops days before and posted on website attacks were imminent,; Libyan gov warn attack was coming...

Your correct, nothing there to make a president or adminstration suspect they needed extra security.

I guess you didn't bother to read my previous answer to the same link of events -

The chain of command, that is the prez, said to the sec of state, what's up with this? The sec of state then went to her employee, the ambassador, and asked, what's up with this? The ambassador said, no worries, I'll cut out my daily jogging for a few days, but we've got it under control.

How many marines died when Reagan was asleep at the wheel?

Was it al qaeda that attacked the embassy? They are taking credit, but we still don't know it was them. Yet you keep saying it was them. Why?

njal

May 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess you didn't bother to read my previous answer to the same link of events -

The chain of command, that is the prez, said to the sec of state, what's up with this? The sec of state then went to her employee, the ambassador, and asked, what's up with this? The ambassador said, no worries, I'll cut out my daily jogging for a few days, but we've got it under control.

How many marines died when Reagan was asleep at the wheel?

Was it al qaeda that attacked the embassy? They are taking credit, but we still don't know it was them. Yet you keep saying it was them. Why?

Gimme a break! barry couldn't have a been a patch in Reagan's wazzzooo!!

Native Floridian

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ft Myers, Florida
Detector(s) used
Excal, Sov GT
Primary Interest:
So Clinton said, right after the" what difference, at this point, does it make" comment that Stevens " felt safe" after every question asked of her?
In that case they should triple up on the investigations.

After the attack is when she made the comment.

That Stevens felt safe enough to continue his daily ritual of exercise, running thru the streets of benghazi ( and yes as alqaeda flags flew!) is on the record. Clinton makes no mention of how safe Stevens felt. However, one can judge for themselves that Stevens clearly had no clue that a group of radicals was planning to off him. We can only guess that he did not have a death wish.

As for whether this small group were an organized branch of al qaeda executing a well planned attack or just some local crazies that had gone off reservation is still unanswered. The case for local in a non sanctioned attack is strong because that is much of what was happening in the then lawless Libya. Local bands of murderers settling local scores.

Native Floridian

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ft Myers, Florida
Detector(s) used
Excal, Sov GT
Primary Interest:
Gimme a break! barry couldn't have a been a patch in Reagan's wazzzooo!!

You are right - Obama would never sell TOW Missiles to enemies in exchange for hostages. Enemies who could use them against us. But reagan did just that! Obama is no Reagan! Thank God!!!!

Al, didn't it piss you off that Reagan was so clueless about the middle east as a region that he got 241 of our Marines killed in Beirut?

Last edited:

njal

May 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let me see here ,I think Reagan took full responsibility .
He didn't blame it on a internet video, like barry did.

You are right - Obama would never sell TOW Missiles to enemies in exchange for hostages. Enemies who could use them against us. But reagan did just that! Obama is no Reagan! Thank God!!!!

Al, didn't it piss you off that Reagan was so clueless about the middle east as a region that he got 241 of our Marines killed in Beirut?

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How many troops have been killed in Afghanistan since we received the promise that we were getting out of there?

And NF "You are right - Obama would never sell TOW Missiles to enemies"... This is complete gibberish! You have no idea what he has or hasn't done or what he will do.

But you can keep making up your hopeful scenarios and trying to persuade those of us in the center that you and the rest of the x lefty's are correct.

If we are lucky someone will be able to shine the light on this administrations scandals. If not you x- lefts are in as much trouble as the rest of us in the center of the road.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Actually that is what we need to find out, what were the weapons bo was providing to the terrorists rebels in Syria. bo was supplying weapons to terrorists including al Queda. ..

"Obama said that he would waive a federal law designed to prevent weapons from being sent to designated-terrorist organizations. In particular, the president cited a provision in the Arms Export Control Act that enables him to provide assistance to outlawed groups, provided it is “essential to the national security interests of the United States".

http://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/sep/20/kuhner-how-obama-arms-al-qaeda/

Oh, it wasn't 241 marines that were killed, that was total count of military personnel killed. It was 220 Marines, 18 sailors and three soldiers....

Native Floridian

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ft Myers, Florida
Detector(s) used
Excal, Sov GT
Primary Interest:
Let me see here ,I think Reagan took full responsibility .
He didn't blame it on a internet video, like barry did.

Reagan never took full responsibility. Only when his butt was in a sling did he admit to anything. But it was, as time has shown, not the complete truth.

Native Floridian

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ft Myers, Florida
Detector(s) used
Excal, Sov GT
Primary Interest:
Actually that is what we need to find out, what were the weapons bo was providing to the terrorists rebels in Syria. bo was supplying weapons to terrorists including al Queda. ..

"Obama said that he would waive a federal law designed to prevent weapons from being sent to designated-terrorist organizations. In particular, the president cited a provision in the Arms Export Control Act that enables him to provide assistance to outlawed groups, provided it is “essential to the national security interests of the United States".

KUHNER: How Obama arms al Qaeda - Washington Times

Oh, it wasn't 241 marines that were killed, that was total count of military personnel killed. It was 220 Marines, 18 sailors and three soldiers....

TH, can i suggest you start a new thread and we'll go down this road there. This will add another 20 pages to this thread, all off topic.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TH, can i suggest you start a new thread and we'll go down this road there. This will add another 20 pages to this thread, all off topic.

My post is still on topic, you brought Reagan and Lebanon into it.....I replied to your part on Marines killed.

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NF. That is a whole lot of unfounded assumptions and conjecture you proffer as evidence isn't it? "Felt Safe" seems to carry a lot of weight for you but when did you speak to him last?

Out of his entire thread, that's all you could say about it?

Good one Dave.

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And the entire 2 years the BO was campaigning for reelection he said Bin Laden is dead. All Qaeda is done. He seemed to think he knew a lot about it as he fed it to you.

Flash. Bin Laden is dead. Obama never said that "All Qaeda is done." - prove it.

I have in my right-wing email inbox hundreds of emails with "proof" that his death was staged by Obama, it was a hoax, and all manner of idiotic notions. Well, he's dead.

Al-Qaeda has taken a lot of huge hits, a lot of them by the drones that you guys hate. They are really diminished, and Obama has made it a priority, a goal, and a reality.

One would think you guys are a bunch of Muslim-loving peaceniks.

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How many troops have been killed in Afghanistan since we received the promise that we were getting out of there? <br>
<br>
And NF "You are right - Obama would never sell TOW Missiles to enemies"... This is complete gibberish! You have no idea what he has or hasn't done or what he will do. <br>
<br>
But you can keep making up your hopeful scenarios and trying to persuade those of us in the center that you and the rest of the x lefty's are correct. <br>
<br>
If we are lucky someone will be able to shine the light on this administrations scandals. If not you x- lefts are in as much trouble as the rest of us in the center of the road.

Humorous, Dave.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Flash. Bin Laden is dead. Obama never said that "All Qaeda is done." - prove it.

I have in my right-wing email inbox hundreds of emails with "proof" that his death was staged by Obama, it was a hoax, and all manner of idiotic notions. Well, he's dead.

Al-Qaeda has taken a lot of huge hits, a lot of them by the drones that you guys hate. They are really diminished, and Obama has made it a priority, a goal, and a reality.

One would think you guys are a bunch of Muslim-loving peaceniks.

We are opposed to drone attacks that kill innocent people especially women and children including 16 year old American citizens. We are opposed to bo stating he has the right to use them against American citizens without due process of law and to use them on American soil..

bo has not said "done", but has repeatedly stated al Qaeda is decimated which they clearly are not.

SEPT 18, 2012 Obama said "We’ve got choices about war and peace,” Obama said. “I ended the war in Iraq, as I promised. We are transitioning out of Afghanistan. We have gone after the terrorists who actually attacked us 9/11 and decimated al Qaeda.”

Dayton, Ohio, Obama said, “That’s why, working with Joe Biden and our national security team, we’ve been able to decimate al Qaeda.”

At a fundraising event Oct. 9 in San Francisco, Obama said, “and today, al Qaeda is on its heels*"

By Oct. 24, he returned to the dominant “path to defeat” theme, before going back to “decimated” the next day in Cleveland, where the president said, “I said we’d refocus on the terrorists who actually carried out the 9/11 attacks – and al Qaeda is decimated and Osama bin Laden is dead.”

Obama returned to Las Vegas to again say “al Qaeda is on the path to defeat.” He said the same thing Oct. 25 in Richmond, Va., again that day in Tampa and on Oct. 27 in Nashua, N.H

on Nov. 1 in Green Bay, Wis., Obama said, “Thanks to sacrifice and service of our brave men and women in uniform, the war in Iraq is over, the war in Afghanistan is winding down, al Qaeda has been decimated."

http://m.cnsnews.com/news/article/obama-touts-al-qaeda-s-demise-32-times-benghazi-attack-0

Defense Secretary Leon Panetta has stated.....

"Even as al Qaeda's leadership in Pakistan struggles to remain relevant, the terrorist threat we face has become more diverse," Olsen said. "Al Qaeda has turned to other groups to carry out attacks and to advance its ideology. These groups are based in an array of countries, including Yemen, Somalia, Nigeria and in Iraq."

Of particular concern is al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula, which operates in Yemen.

Al Qaeda is seeking to take advantage of the unrest in some areas, seeking to establish safe havens and recruit extremists where security is diminished," Olsen said.

Of particular concern are large swaths of Libya and Mali where extremists, some associated with al Qaeda, have found refuge.

Al Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb (AQIM), which operates in northern Africa, is one of the group seen to be taking advantage of the situation.

Lt. Gen. Ronald Burgess, recently retired as Defense Intelligence Agency director, told Congress that "AQIM acquired weapons from Libya this year, kidnapped Westerners and continues its support to Nigerian based Boko Haram." Boko Haram is an insurgent group in Nigeria with a goal of creating an Islamic state in the northern part of the country.

The unrest in Syria has provided an opportunity for al Qaeda in Iraq (AQI) which according to Director of National Intelligence James Clapper has extended its reach into the war-torn nation. Although AQI's presense in Syria is considered small, intelligence officials worry it will grow as the chaos continues.

Clapper said that while al Qaeda core's in Pakistan will remain mostly a symbolic importance to the global jihadist movement, the regional affiliates "will drive the global jihad agenda."

http://www.cnn.com/2012/10/22/politics/fact-check-al-qaeda/index.html?c=&page=2

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wish I could have liked that post a couple of more times TH. That took alot of effort, the X left always hopes we don't see it. They post the same things over and over hoping someone will forget that the BO and all of his people said this junk over and over to be reelected.

Native Floridian

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ft Myers, Florida
Detector(s) used
Excal, Sov GT
Primary Interest:
Th, i read your post and don't see anything that's inconsistent within Obama's statements and the current status of Al Qaeda. I don't understand what you are so upset about. Other than obama being the president.

of course i stand here with only a few others who haven't elevated Benghazi to the level of the Cuban Missile Crisis. I can't quite elevate an embassy attack to the level of a Nuclear standoff that would have destroyed the world. So, obviously, i don't see this the same way you do.

Are you saying that Penata contradicts Obama? I don't see that either. And even if he did, Penata ,as one of Obama's chief advisors, chances are that they talk! Still, i don't see a contradiction.

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Th, i read your post and don't see anything that's inconsistent within Obama's statements and the current status of Al Qaeda. I don't understand what you are so upset about. Other than obama being the president.

of course i stand here with only a few others who haven't elevated Benghazi to the level of the Cuban Missile Crisis. I can't quite elevate an embassy attack to the level of a Nuclear standoff that would have destroyed the world. So, obviously, i don't see this the same way you do.

Are you saying that Penata contradicts Obama? I don't see that either. And even if he did, Penata ,as one of Obama's chief advisors, chances are that they talk! Still, i don't see a contradiction.

I am not surprised at all you see no issue with his comments. bo has repeatedly stated al Qaeda is decimated which they clearly are not.

I would vote for Herman Cane, Dr Ben Carlson or Alan West with no hesitation at all based on their opinions voiced to date and all 3 are not even half white.

My opposition to bo is his socialist politics, his numerious attacks on our rights, his handling or fumbling of his duties as POTUS, his constant lying, and his failure to uphold his oath of office.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread