9TH. ANNUAL DUTCH HUNTERS RENDEZVOUS

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tramp

I'll give you half of the LDM, At this time your share is half of nothing,Notta ZIP!

Wrmickel1

HAHA!

Now you have given your word in writing! You're gonna be pissed when you find it, and find Jose and his Burro knocking on your door! HAHAHA

Best - Mike

ELBAYO

Nov 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cubfan wrote:Someone told me that the loud music playing until late and big campfire up in the parking area was DoubleJack - I wondered why they didn't come down and introduce themselves. Guess they did for a brief moment, but didn't make the rounds like everyone else does.

Cubfan this is what I responded to....I don't take any crap from no one...Joe I live a great life, I don't know if your comment was directed at me,but if it was, just like Cubfan you assume to much...Look at my Job look at my friends and family I live the life most people wished they lived.. And that is because i don't waste time with people who assume....Joe you deliver wheel chairs? Not a bad life for a man of your education....Joe do you hate your life? This will be that last post Double-Jack will make on T-net......See you in the real world, I suggest you get off your butts and get out there and run into the group. We will welcome you just like family...There is unwritten bad blood between Joe Cactus Jumper and Paul cubfan and others...Don't believe everything you see or read...

Cubfan wrote: In the 7 years I've been to the Rendezvous, I've never heard ANYONE complain that they didn't feel welcome - even the very few who were "standoffish" or had bizarre stories or theories were always welcomed with a handshake.

Sounds a little like insecurity to me.

Oh well, none of us at the Rendezvous are in the same league as DoubleJack - it's good to be reminded of that.

Jan 2, 2013
somewhere between flagstaff, preskit
Detector(s) used
Whites prism III
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
View attachment 894775 bye...el banyo

I must say...I do hope you were the one who shot his own beer into his nasal passages when I introduced myself at the Dutchman event.

it was classic...wish others were there to see the foam...looked like a rabid dog there for a moment...oh..wait...what am I saying...

Last edited:
OP
OP
cactusjumper

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Kurt,

Good to hear you are living a good life. Hope you continue that and it gets even better.

Sorry to hear you did not have a good time at the Rendezvous. Everyone else did but, as you say, they are not in the same league as "Double- Jack. Also sorry that you felt the need to come here and attack the people who did attend. If you had come down to where I was sitting and introduced yourself, I would have offered a handshake and a welcome to the Rendezvous. You chose not to do that.

If there is "bad blood", it's of your making. You are responsible for creating your reputation, just as Paul and I are for creating our own. As long as you are happy with what you are doing, that's all that should matter to you. Just ignore the rest of us who you feel are not treating you with the deference (Google it) and respect you believe you deserve.

DUSA will probably be a little warmer and fuzzier place for you and Double-Jack.

Take care,

Joe Ribaudo

Last edited:
OP
OP
cactusjumper

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
View attachment 894775 bye...el banyo

I must say...I do hope you were the one who shot his own beer into his nasal passages when I introduced myself at the Dutchman event.

it was classic...wish others were there to see the foam...looked like a rabid dog there for a moment...oh..wait...what am I saying...

Donald,

That seems a rather clever play on words. Was it done on purpose or was it just a typo' ?

Take care,

Joe

Desertdog

Aug 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"There is unwritten bad blood". Too funny! I'm gonna miss Not so silent hunter.

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"There is unwritten bad blood". Too funny! I'm gonna miss Not so silent hunter.

I suppose it depends on one's definition of "unwritten bad blood." My definition is apparently different from the one quoted. Joe and I have more than a few differences of opinion - some of them based on LDM "facts" and others based on personality differences between us.

The nice thing is that we've SPOKEN together about those things many times and we each know where the other stands. I think anyone who knows me and knows Joe has seen where most of our differences exist WRITTEN - you just have to follow all our conversations to pick up on it.

My definition of "bad blood" involves having no interest in meeting, speaking or otherwise associating with someone. I don't play games - it takes too much effort to be underhanded and backstabbing - if there's "bad blood" between me and anyone based on my definition, both sides know it.

To be quite honest, I'm a REALLY easy going person. Offhand I doubt there are more than 5 people in my life who I would ever consider that there was "bad blood" between us. You gotta really do something nasty to me to tick me off :). Physical threats are most often what will do the trick.

OP
OP
cactusjumper

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
I suppose it depends on one's definition of "unwritten bad blood." My definition is apparently different from the one quoted. Joe and I have more than a few differences of opinion - some of them based on LDM "facts" and others based on personality differences between us.

The nice thing is that we've SPOKEN together about those things many times and we each know where the other stands. I think anyone who knows me and knows Joe has seen where most of our differences exist WRITTEN - you just have to follow all our conversations to pick up on it.

My definition of "bad blood" involves having no interest in meeting, speaking or otherwise associating with someone. I don't play games - it takes too much effort to be underhanded and backstabbing - if there's "bad blood" between me and anyone based on my definition, both sides know it.

To be quite honest, I'm a REALLY easy going person. Offhand I doubt there are more than 5 people in my life who I would ever consider that there was "bad blood" between us. You gotta really do something nasty to me to tick me off :). Physical threats are most often what will do the trick.

I would say that's a tremendous understatement, but you're no one's doormat. It's good to have you as a friend.

Take care,

Joe

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
Paul hard to believe you would have bad blood with anyone laid back are you are. I can read people pretty good and I'm glad to have you as a friend. My outlook is life is too short. I just avoid negative folks.

OP
OP
cactusjumper

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Paul hard to believe you would have bad blood with anyone laid back are you are. I can read people pretty good and I'm glad to have you as a friend. My outlook is life is too short. I just avoid negative folks.

Frank,

Considering your old occupation, that must have been difficult.:dontknow:

Take care,

Joe

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other
HAHA!

Now you have given your word in writing! You're gonna be pissed when you find it, and find Jose and his Burro knocking on your door! HAHAHA

Best - Mike

Gollum

I can't wait for that day, I'll make Don a pot of coffee and while he's drinking coffee I'll make that tired sexy mule of his, a bed in the barn,:laughing7:

Wrmickel1

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread