A Challenge for the Skeptics! ;)

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
aarthrj3811 said:
Ummm.... Do you know what "in circulation" means when you're talking about coins, Art?
Does it mean if I give the girl at the store a $10 bill for a 6 pack and she gives me 3 silver dollars in my change?...Art
That's exactly what it means, but when was the last time you got a silver coin, a silver dollar no less, back in change?

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
Also, do you know the difference between clad and silver coins? The US mint no longer manufacturers silver coins for circulation.

The US mint no longer manufacturers silver coins for circulation. So that means there are none around.....Get real....Oroblaco has one in his wallet. I have a gallon jar full of them....They are still legal tender...Have you ever heard of a sales gimic...They are still being used and will be for a long time to come....Art

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
aarthrj3811 said:
Also, do you know the difference between clad and silver coins? The US mint no longer manufacturers silver coins for circulation.

The US mint no longer manufacturers silver coins for circulation. So that means there are none around.....Get real....Oroblaco has one in his wallet. I have a gallon jar full of them....They are still legal tender...Have you ever heard of a sales gimic...They are still being used and will be for a long time to come....Art
The one in Oro's pocket and your jarful are not in circulation, Art! I have a drawerful of them as well but there aren't in circulation, either. Being in circulation and simply existing are two very different things.

Of course they're still legal tender, but it would be stupid to use them at their face value when they're worth about 10 times their face value due to their silver content. I'm not going to say they can't be found, but you don't get silver coins in change each day.

And what the he!! about this is a sales gimmick?

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
Judy... hello :) the truth is, I was still near the top with the well needing to be dug, I started out enjoying the funny way to get a well dug... then... cripes. :)

Well... on to the next thing... Have a great day!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread