A GUIDE TO VAULT TREASURE HUNTING (Condensed)

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi CDS; Yup, They were MASTERS for sure. To figure out the Layout of the Trail, Placing Boulders that weigh TONS at specific spots, figuring out Shadow effects, eluding detection & Indians just to bury their Treasures is a Phenominal feat in itself. They also had to be Master Masons to move those Boulders and then the time to carve all those symbols and figure out their meanings is incredible. THAT all took serious DEDICATION for sure.
Anyways, what say ye ?? SANDY; Please chime in ok. I don't want this Thread to die. Thanks. PEACE:RONB

AIORIA

Apr 1, 2009
Here is a very important piece of information, if you find a deathtrap above ground there will never be treasure under it, The reason for this is because the entrance to the treasure cannot have anything marking it above ground, this is why they use alignments to a bare piece of ground for the entrance.
(The Sentinels may have marked it but not the original Spanish/Priests and then only with subtle and natural marks)

Good evening everyone. Sandy, so if the death trap is above ground, we can be certain there is nothing buried under the death trap...... that doesn't mean that the crisscross spots (with no signs above ground) will not have death traps when digging down correct? If I recall correctly in one of your posts you said you and a partner got lucky when digging a certain spot and accidentally set it off.... It was a boulder that was meant to crush your head while digging inside the hole.

From your experience, how many times did you encounter death traps at the crisscross spots that you have dug so that we can get an idea of how common they are at the dig spots?

Thank you and blessings your way my friend!

OP
OP
sandy1

sandy1

Bronze Member
Aug 11, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
A,
That one (deathtrap) I explained was the only one I have found underground, however I have known others that have dug into entrances which turned into tunnels and had ceiling death traps (A big Boulder that was made to look like part of the flat ceiling and was packed with clay/dirt that you dig out under it until it falls on the digger) Most places you find are going to be back filled and not just a hollow cavity.

Barker,
They did not concern themselves with 99 percent of the markers out there they just went along the trails until they spotted the Important markers and went from them with a map, all these markers I have shown are just backups, in case the map was lost.
Even the Indians were not really considered that much of a threat after killing off the Aztecs and Inca's the Spanish thought they were invincible, and they enslaved many of the Northern Indians to work in mines as well.

Also Barker, the Spanish did not actually carve all these markers. the slaves did the work. think of it as similar to the Pyramids being built by slaves.

Last edited:

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Sandy; That must have been one hell of a work force for sure. What they did was no easy feat for sure. The Spanish were savages of the worst type. What say ye Folks ?? I await. PEACE:RONB

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Following the advice of Sandy, I realized yesterday something very interesting.

A friend took me to their land, that a person who cares for him the ranch saw a blue flame out of this point where this stone

When pass the Gemini gave me a small brand, but we've not dug.

I began to explore the area with trees, and I found something that I was surprised.

This small stone 10 feet a tree, and seeing him on the hand back I came across has a brand

Walk inside and saw three stones aligned to the tree, separated by the same distance from each other

the stone that is more near the tree leave me breathless

I hope have good results here.
LAST stone has what appears to be a "face with a nose" looking in a certain direction... go in THAT direction. HH! Good Luck! A HEART! A BIC ONE!

Last edited:

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi; Does ANYONE know of someone who was hurt by a Death Trap ?? PEACE:RONB

Last edited:

Gabriel Maza

Apr 25, 2016
Sinaloa
Detector(s) used
garret 350 and Gemini 3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LAST stone has what appears to be a "face with a nose" looking in a certain direction... go in THAT direction. HH! Good Luck! A HEART! A BIC ONE!

Thank you very much my friend, if it is a heart, the Gemini gave me a mark in an area in front of the tree, but I think it is mineralization

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Gabriel; You won't know for sure unless you dig it. Go for it. What do you have to lose ?? A bit of time ?? It's worth it. That's why I say this is called Treasure HUNTING not Treasure GIVING. !!! Think about it guys ok. PEACE:RONB

Barton

Apr 21, 2005
Abiquiu, NM
Detector(s) used
What ever is needed for the project I am working on--I am a cache hunter
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Post # 243
Hello Barker,
Do NOT trip the Death Traps--as you have just destroyed a set of directions to the cache site.
Usually the stand alone Death Traps and the Death Traps surrounding a cache site--have nothing of value there.
( I am not speaking of the Death Traps inside a tunnel leading to a cache or mine )

Generally speaking--the old Spanish death traps--are deadly and they seem to come out of no where--
unless you are extremely carefull you may never see them coming until it is too late--the key principles
of operation are a outstanding understanding of human nature and gravity. Never underestimate the danger
of the traps--you do not want to be on you way to getting rich and hear your partner beside you tell you to
freeze as the slightest movement could trip the trap your in!

If you want to live through your encounter with the Spanish you want to read Charles Kenworthy's book
diagraming Death Traps available on Amazon.

I spoke to "LOCO GATOS" and he told me of one of the traps he encountered--which I call a fast moving Surface
Slider--as he swing his pick into a door way--he had uncovered after digging a hole 6 feet down--when his pick hit
the door he was sprayed with sand shooting out of the hole he had just created--he told me he jumped--6 feet straight up
out of the hole--(ON THE DOWN HILL SIDE OF THE HOLE )--THE FIVE TON SURFACE SLIDER--CAME RACING DOWN THE HILL AT ABOUT 30 MILES AN HOUR--AND NOSE DIVED INTO THE HOLE WHERE HE WAS STANDING SECONDS EARLIER--
ACCOMPANYING THE SURFACE SLIDER WAS ABOUT ANOTHER 5 TONS OF BOULDERS THAT WERE PART OF THE TRAP.

HE SAID HIS WIFE CAME RUNNING UP THE HILL--TO FIND HER HUSBAND COVERED IN BLOOD--IT WAS FROM THEIR
MULES WHICH WERE SPLADDERED BY THE BOULDERS--AND COVERED HIM WITH BLOOD!

HIS PACKS, METAL DETECTORS GEAR AND MONEY--WAS ALL BURIED UNDER THE BOULDERS!
THEN HIS WIFE AND HE BEGAN THERE WALK BACK TO THE UNITED STATES BORDER--THEY WERE VERY
LUCKY TO STILL BE ALIVE!

Barton

Last edited:

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sandy on the back filled shafts. Do they go straight down? I read that some go at a 45° from the edge of a slope down or straight in from the bottom. Your thoughts please

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

OP
OP
sandy1

sandy1

Bronze Member
Aug 11, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
BwBob, it depends, there are several things you can find, 1 if it was originally a cave then it goes whatever way the cave went (lots of these in the Caballos that I went into),2 if it is a mine then it went whatever way the vein went, but if it is a storage then they always went pretty much vertical into the ground from everything I have encountered or even heard of, but after going down over 8 feet they can start having tunnels off from the shaft.

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Baton; THAT is one incredible story and one very lucky guy. His wife could have had a heart attack as well. I know about Death Traps here in New England that were made by the Colonists who were trying to protect Weapons & Gold Caches from the British troops. They were ingenious as to how they did it. I'm truly sorry your friend had that experience. He was basically attacked by a 300 year old Spanish Death Trap. THAT is scary. Do ANY of you other guys have similar incidents to share ?? I / We would love to hear them. Post them here ok.
I know of 2 Death Traps that the Colonists used. One was set in a dirt floor Cellar that had short boards laid out to cover the dirt floor beneath it.If the British entered the Cellar looking for Arms they would unknowingly step on one area of the boards. The boards would cave in causing the Troop to drop into a hole filled with iron spikes and it would also release a rope that held up a large board that had knives protruding from it. The board would then swing down from the ceiling and kill anyone else who had not fallen into the hole. The only ones who knew about it were the Colonists themselves. Crazy stuff for suire. PEACE:RONB

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi dsty; That's what We here in Boston call a real Kentucky Sleigh Ride for sure. That is Brutal.!!! :tongue3: PEACE:RONB

pyledriver

Dec 5, 2007
North Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold, CTX3030, SDC2300, GoFind 60, Whites TM-808, Dip Needle, EYES
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Sandy, thank you for this information! You put a lot of work into the pics and explanations, which along the way clarified a few things for me. I've been away from t'net a good while so I'll say this thread was a pleasant welcome back surprise! I have several sites that I've worked off and on and finally coming around to having the time again-this time with new information too! BTW-I also have new things to watch for when metal detecting for nuggets in Arizona!

OP
OP
sandy1

sandy1

Bronze Member
Aug 11, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
Thank You Pyledriver

I have integrated different info into the guide, as well as a little bit of new info throughout.

LH I put the overhead CAD view that you asked about in #53 in the guide also.

I have also made an entire wordpad book out of the entire guide which looks very similar to the format on here(the pictures are inline with the text but looks much nicer in my opinion, unfortunately I cant send that big of a file through emails, so until I can figure out how to get it out to you guys you will be stuck with this guide online.

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
How big is the file Sandy? Dropbox might be the way to go to get it out.

You would upload it once and everyone could grab it from the server.

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sandy,take it to a publisher and make a book. I'll buy one.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

OP
OP
sandy1

sandy1

Bronze Member
Aug 11, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
CDX I looked into different large file type services but every one that I saw required the receiver to have an account with them as well, I am trying to find something where people don't have to sign up or pay to get the info.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread