Status
Not open for further replies.

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bill,
I have come to the conclusion that the Peralta name must be the Spanish equivalent of Smith in America.

I also suspect that the family has an early Jewish lineage however, I can't prove it quite yet.

Cactus Jumper begs to differ about the Smith name versus Peralta. He always throws a wrench in the machine.

I've been at my cabin personalizing it for the last 5 days. What a stress relief! Here's some of the Juniper furniture I bought for it check it out.

View attachment 1213986 View attachment 1213987 View attachment 1213989 View attachment 1213990

Don't you just love Juniper!

Still to hot for Thunting and to much dang rain!

Found out the name of the mountain my cabins built on is Copper Mountain...I wonder what that's all about...I may be sitting on some gold!

Peralta the Jew? That explains all the gold hoarding!

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
"Still to hot for Thunting and to much dang rain!"
Hey Bill, You have that lovely creek trickling in your backyard, why not pan it ? ? ? lol
2015-09-22 01_55_39-A Heap of Proof. - Page 32.png

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I maybe wrong, but is that snow behind the two chairs on the ground?

Hailed the night before and it was still on the ground! Looked like salt.

Last edited:

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Still to hot for Thunting and to much dang rain!"
Hey Bill, You have that lovely creek trickling in your backyard, why not pan it ? ? ? lol
View attachment 1214158

It would be nice but that my friend is a fake water feature! I was going to salt it a bit and do some panning but it may clog up the filter. (Wouldn't you like to clean that filter hey?) It's nice to listen to and relax. My wife and I did find a stream that had colors in it. With all the rain and mountain run off it was a recently cut new stream no one had panned.

But my Razor (Polaris) had a gas tank leak I couldn't get stopped no matter what I did so we had to get back out of the woods before we ignited the whole forest!

Just ordered a new tank $500 beans.!

At least now I can use it again!

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bill. now I'll tell you, there are special gasoline tank sealers especally developed for antique cars that have no replacements. They work, I used some on my ole jeep tank. ( where did you come up with the $ 500 after getting that lovely home?????)

Jan 16, 2011
By, By Have fun.
Detector(s) used
Time to move on. Good luck everyone .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It would be nice but that my friend is a fake water feature! I was going to salt it a bit and do some panning but it may clog up the filter. (Wouldn't you like to clean that filter hey?) It's nice to listen to and relax. My wife and I did find a stream that had colors in it. With all the rain and mountain run off it was a recently cut new stream no one had panned.

But my Razor (Polaris) had a gas tank leak I couldn't get stopped no matter what I did so we had to get back out of the woods before we ignited the whole forest!

Just ordered a new tank $500 beans.!

At least now I can use it again!

I know iam hoping you share some of your photos of the new area your exploring Bill, I keep thinking man id like to see what is out there.:goldbar:

OP
OP
Hal Croves

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010
Cactus Jumper begs to differ about the Smith name versus Peralta. He always throws a wrench in the machine.

I've been at my cabin personalizing it for the last 5 days. What a stress relief! Here's some of the Juniper furniture I bought for it check it out.

View attachment 1213986 View attachment 1213987 View attachment 1213989 View attachment 1213990

Don't you just love Juniper!

Still to hot for Thunting and to much dang rain!

Found out the name of the mountain my cabins built on is Copper Mountain...I wonder what that's all about...I may be sitting on some gold!

Peralta the Jew? That explains all the gold hoarding!

Anyone with a computer and access to the interweb can see that Peralta was, in that period, not some obscure name in the New World.
Sometimes when a person grows too close to a source, admiration and loyalty diminish objectivity.

Beautiful place Bill.

Archbishop Iledfonso Núñez de Haro y Peralta †

Deceased

Archbishop of MĂ©xico, Federal District

Events

DateAgeEventTitle
30 Oct 1729BornVillagarcĂ­a del Llano, Spain
30 Mar 177242.4AppointedArchbishop of MĂ©xico, Federal District
13 Sep 177242.8Ordained BishopArchbishop of MĂ©xico, Federal District
23 Sep 177242.8InstalledArchbishop of MĂ©xico, Federal District
26 May 180070.5DiedArchbishop of MĂ©xico, Federal District

MicroData Summary for Iledfonso Núñez de Haro y Peralta:
Archbishop Iledfonso Núñez de Haro y Peralta (born 30 Oct 1729, died 26 May 1800) Archbishop of México

Below... its not mine yet but I can see it on the horizon.
A little scary at night.

Last edited:

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Hal,

"Anyone with a computer and access to the interweb can see that Peralta was, in that period, not some obscure name in the New World.
Sometimes when a person grows too close to a source, admiration and loyalty diminish objectivity."

I don't think either of us used the word "obscure".

My"admiration and loyalty" for any of my good friends, only adds to my own personal worth. I have no doubt that your questioning my objectivity finds a friend for you in some quarters.

Joe Ribaudo

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Hiker,

I already talked with them about it. My date code says May of 2007 which is not covered by the recall. I wish it was. But, I'm afraid of getting stranded so I went for the new tank with pump.

Thanks again though.

Bill:

Before you spend YOUR money, make sure it's not something covered by a service / recall bulletin.

One example...Polaris ATV, Snowmobiles, RANGER, Victory CA

OP
OP
Hal Croves

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010
Hal,

"Anyone with a computer and access to the interweb can see that Peralta was, in that period, not some obscure name in the New World.
Sometimes when a person grows too close to a source, admiration and loyalty diminish objectivity."

I don't think either of us used the word "obscure".

My"admiration and loyalty" for any of my good friends, only adds to my own personal worth. I have no doubt that your questioning my objectivity finds a friend for you in some quarters.

Joe Ribaudo

Friends?
Specifically, which "friends" are you writing about?
I didn't know that I had any on this site, but we may have different definitions of the word.
Anyway, not sure if making friends here was ever a personal goal however, I do understand the very basic need to form relationships and, for some, the sad need to exclude.
For me, it was always about the free exchange of information and the respectful critique of ideas/theories.

That's not very realistic anymore thanks to the proliferation of second rate actors and fat antagonists on this site.
It is what it is.

Hal

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
Friends?
Specifically, which "friends" are you writing about?
I didn't know that I had any on this site, but we may have different definitions of the word.
Anyway, not sure if making friends here was ever a personal goal however, I do understand the very basic need to form relationships and, for some, the sad need to exclude.
For me, it was always about the free exchange of information and the respectful critique of ideas/theories.

That's not very realistic anymore thanks to the proliferation of second rate actors and fat antagonists on this site.
It is what it is.

Hal

Hal amigo you do have friends here, in fact you are among friends. Perhaps it has not seemed that way, yet. We may disagree on things but then try to find two treasure hunters that agree on everything, next to impossible. I know that some of our friends here would not bother to answer at all, if they were not friends.

"
proliferation of second rate actors and fat antagonists on this site

Ouch! Sheesh I do try to shed the extra weight, fairly successfully, every year.

Coffee, beer or tea anyone?

:coffee2: :coffee2: :occasion14:

OP
OP
Hal Croves

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010
While many on this site are friendly, for me, it would be disingenuous to describe a virtual relationship as a friendship.
We are acquaintances with mutual interests and those that post with the desire to help or educate have earned my respect and admiration.

Friendship for me, true friendship, is something forged over time and trial.
My friends know me intimately and understand just how far I would go to protect and preserve that bond.
I know them, like one would know a brother or sister and our trust for each other is "marrow deep".

Nothing wrong with the idea of having acquaintances as they sometimes lead to great things, like friendship. True, lasting friendship.

Now about these second rate actors and fat antagonists...
If its important to you, go back and read thru a few threads.
Its not hard to determine who offered kind words of encouragement when need...
...and those who offered something else.

Members posts are few these days with good reason.
Why would anyone with an original thought want to expose themselves to ridicule and mockery?

----------

Joe, this isn't the first time that you have accused me of pandering to those who you perceive as disliking you. I honestly don't know of anyone who would take pleasure in seeing you publicly embarrassed or hurt with unkind words. However, if they do exist, as you seem to believe, they certainly would not qualify as my friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread