A Merc, Rosie & Silver Ring running the 250 Full Bore

Ricardo_NY1

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2006
Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
Explorer XS/II & Garrett ACE 250
A Merc, Rosie & Silver Ring running the 250 Full Bore

Went out on Sunday and found that ring by a tree. I've gotten into the habit now of circling trees, where as before I used to avoid them. Also picked up quite a bit of clad, which I usually don't when I'm focused on finding a silver coin. That's the thing about me....I'm in either two hunting modes, silver or clad. In clad mode, overlapping is minimal and it's all about filling up the clad bag. If a silver pops up, even better. In silver mode, I take my time and usually end up with just a little clad. Today I went out again on a pure silver mode. Things started out a little weird, but I'm glad I took an extra two minutes to give myself a wake up call. I took a dime I had found at around 1 inch and buried it myself about 5 inches. Went over it with the 250 in coin mode and nothing, no signal. Then I set the thing to All Metal and it picked it up. Serious wake up call. Here I was standing and I could almost hear the voices of the TNet members saying "All Metal Mode"...."Extra Batteries"....."Go to All Metal Mode in an area you've found a good coin". So I did. 10 minutes later I walk right into that Silver Roosevelt. The ingrate in me was wishing it had been a merc. 30 minutes later I bring out that mercury. I stuck around for another 1/2 hour and called it a day. My ears are still ringing as I write, as my headphones have no volume control........but from here on out.......my way of hunting has totally changed. Pics and scan enclosed.

Attachments

• jan15.JPG
    jan15.JPG
    97 KB · Views: 560
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread