Absurd Oak Island Math - Is the Entire Show a Hoax?

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Samuel Ball, Nova Scotia

Here's a link to an earlier thread here with much info: http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/oak-island/531253-mystery-samuel-ball.html

Nova Scotia, Assessment and tax records for 1791, 1793 and 1795 are at: https://archives.novascotia.ca/census/results/?Search=Samuel+Ball

https://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Ball-10682 (This one includes his last will and testament)

Samuel Ball, man of Substance-Oak Island (1765 - 1846) By: Danny Hennigar - Oak Island

The link below has scans of things like the bill of sale for Hook Island (Now called "Sam's Island")

https://www.oakislandcompendium.ca/blockhouse-blog/sam-balls-hook-island

http://wsog.blogspot.com/2006/05/black-settlers-of-treasure-oak-island_07.html (Note Ball was born in 1763 or 1764 - this site starts off with a typo).

None of the above links or assessment records are in "just my word"s.

Last edited:

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One problem with all of those sites about Samuel Ball. They all have the wrong Samuel Ball. Even Oak Island Compendium has the wrong Samuel Ball. The photograph of Samuel Ball on the "Curse of Oak Island" is not the real Samuel Ball. The real Samuel Ball's father was also Samuel Ball. They have the wrong Genealogy.

Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
One problem with all of those sites about Samuel Ball. They all have the wrong Samuel Ball. Even Oak Island Compendium has the wrong Samuel Ball. The photograph of Samuel Ball on the "Curse of Oak Island" is not the real Samuel Ball. The real Samuel Ball's father was also Samuel Ball. They have the wrong Genealogy.
OK...please provide a source or reference

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Samuel Ball Sr..jpg

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Franklin, thank you for sharing...:occasion14:

Samuel Ball, Sr. was in the area of Oak Island before the American Revolution. Since, he was a blacksmith, near Oak Island he was a wagon master waiting on the treasure, that only one-half was recovered. So he knew treasure was left but he may not have known the location. That was the reason for his son getting a property lot for his military services to the British Army. I do not believe he recovered the treasure. If you read the first story about the boys finding the oak tree with the depression, Samuel Ball was one of the original three men that discovered it. Why was his name excluded and replaced with another? But who really knows. The only way I can tell is if I can get within a few miles of Oak Island.

There were men (Masons) that knew where the treasure was on Oak Island before the attempted recovery before the American Revolution. I am quite sure they would have came back and recovered the treasure. But there is no record that they did. The records went through 14 generations from the time the treasure was buried until the recovery. But no record after that and the records stopped when the last author died sometime around 1814.

Last edited:

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks like the same guy. Chester, N.S. and then to Oak Island, N.S. :dontknow:

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Samuel Ball, Nova Scotia

Here's a link to an earlier thread here with much info: http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/oak-island/531253-mystery-samuel-ball.html

Nova Scotia, Assessment and tax records for 1791, 1793 and 1795 are at: https://archives.novascotia.ca/census/results/?Search=Samuel+Ball

https://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Ball-10682 (This one includes his last will and testament)

Samuel Ball, man of Substance-Oak Island (1765 - 1846) By: Danny Hennigar - Oak Island

The link below has scans of things like the bill of sale for Hook Island (Now called "Sam's Island")

https://www.oakislandcompendium.ca/blockhouse-blog/sam-balls-hook-island

WSOG: The Black Settlers of ?Treasure Oak Island? The Primary Generation (Note Ball was born in 1763 or 1764 - this site starts off with a typo).

None of the above links or assessment records are in "just my word"s.

NONE of this proves where he got his money from He could own every island in the area, but how did he get his money? The more he owns the more likely he "suddenly" came in to money then just growing cabbage on an island with no land access ..

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Are there any sources other than Muir?

Diana Jean Muir is NOT the most reliable source of facts.
This appears to be from her Weems genealogy series of books that also ties Sinclair and the Oak Island "Templar treasure" to the founding fathers.
Remember her genealogy of Scott Wolter being a descendant of Norway sea kings, Irish kings, Merovingians, Plantagenets, Henry Sinclair of course and famous others all the way back to BC Jerusalem from fact or fiction of history past? :thumbsup:
My 16th G grandfather Sir Bryan S. fought at Bosworth Field and help ending the Plantagenets, putting the Tudors on the throne, and was appointed Sheriff of Nottingham for his service.
His G grandfather Richard de S. was a Norwegian Jarl of Leeds, Yorkshire, (not a "sea-king") the surname derived from where he was from in Norway, and variations on spelling, has remained the same fir 800 years.
That is as far back as my family tree goes.

Last edited:

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Diana Jean Muir is NOT the most reliable source of facts.
This appears to be from her Weems genealogy series of books that also ties Sinclair and the Oak Island "Templar treasure" to the founding fathers.
Remember her genealogy of Scott Wolter being a descendant of Irish sea kings and others from history past? :thumbsup:

I have several of her genealogy books. For the most part they are accurate. I have her two books with all the Knight's Templars names in different countries. I have three on the Weems, Sinclair and other families. I have her first two books on the Journals of Prince Henry Sinclair. I also have one book, I purchased and there is only three copies in existence. I bought it on Amazon. I trust her research and her work. I know no one person is perfect. You have to be like a "sift" you have to keep what you want and discard the rest. That is what you have to do with all books ever written and all books that are yet to be written. About like the Disney Movie, "Pollyana" you have to look for the good in people. In the case of books you have to look for the best sources of information given and you sometimes have to verify that research yourself or in some cases have to except that research until you can prove that information with later found information either yay or nay .

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
How do you know that Muir's genealogy research is accurate?
How have you verified Muir's accuracy?
What about Scott Wolter's genealogy back to BC Jerusalem? Creative fill in the blanks speculation.
Does that reflect Muir's work as a genealogist for the Church of Latter Day Saints genealogy project agenda?

Last edited:

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did Muir also have her version of an overlay as well?.......all of the other hoax island fiction purveyors do....

Last edited:

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will tell you what. You can keep up with the negativity all you want. There are still people researching and still believe. I sent a message well two messages tonight. One to Laird Niven and the other to Petter Admundson. Petter Admundson was right about the works of Shakespeare and the location of the treasure on Oak Island. Sir Henry Sinclair's ship the Katherine was sweep over the cove where Fred Nolan's property is today and 1/2 the distance to the South Shore. The Knights Templar over 200 plus crew and local Mic Maq Indian help tried for 5 weeks to dig a trench to get the Katherine into the water on the South Shore. They were unsuccessful. They unloaded the ship and buried the treasure in two locations. One at Mercy Point and the other in the northern cove up near Fred Nolan's property. The one on the North shore was recovered in 1770. The other was abandoned due to water. Rev. John Seccombe knew where the treasure was buried on Oak Island. So did several other members of other Masonic Lodges. Before moving to Chester, Rev. Seccombe had a daughter he named Mercy. She was in to Astronomy and Astrology. In 1769 Rev. John Seccombe and John Fraser took John Wymmes Sr. on Oak Island to reveal the locations of the treasures to him He went to other Islands and marked those treasures on hand drawn maps. Later, that year, there was a meeting Philadelphia with Benjamin Franklin, John Wymmes Sr. and several Provisional Presidents present. They also had the approval of the Rhode Island Masonic Lodge where Paul Revere was the Grandmaster. They all decided to recover the treasures from Mahone Bay for the American Revolution. In 1770, John Wymmes Sr. had his sons, one from S.C. and the other from N.C. along with 56 or more fellow Masons and their slaves to go North by wagons and recover the treasures. They were successful recovering 5 1/2 shiploads of treasure and taking it by three ships from Scotland to the Potomac River and unload it by using whaling boats to take it to an Island and place the treasures into an underground vault that had been prepared and built by slaves for two years prior to the recovery. Only 1/2 shipload of treasure was not recovered and that was the 1/2 shipload of treasure of the Katherine on Oak Island. Petter was right the treasure was buried at Mercy Point.

OcdChaos

Dec 29, 2016
The South
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I always find it amusing that they will be showing Rick Lagina doing something on the island and he will have long hair, then they cut to a side interview with him talking about something like it just happened, and he will have short hair all of a sudden. Then to another clip with long hair, then another to short hair, talking like it all like it happened on that same day, lol.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread