Ace 250 or Ace 250 pro?

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Garrett doesn't make a ACE 250 Pro. Kellyco I think offers what they advertise as a Ace 250 Pro which is the normal Ace 250 with extra junk thrown in to make it seem like your getting more for your money. Most of the stuff is just add in sales and many here would say to save your money and just buy the ACE 250

Check out Tony's store at http://www.tcmetaldetectors.com/ He has helped many here get the best detector for their money.

Good Luck,
Sandman

OP
OP
D

davycoppit

Feb 20, 2007
MN
Thanks alot for the info. I was just about to buy the Ace pro from Kellyco. Then I decided to post to see if it is worth it. good thing I did. Thanks for the info. Ill go with the normal Ace 250.

david

nathan104

Feb 23, 2006
Emory TX
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, AT Pro, propointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The difference is you get a second coil with the PRO package. Instead of just the regualr 6.5 X 9" coil, you get a second bigger 9 X 12" coil. You can cover more ground with the second coil. Just depends if its worth it to you. I decided against the extra coild when I bought my 250. The smaller one works fine but of course, it takes a little longer to cover the same area with the smaller coil. I dont mind it.

OP
OP
D

davycoppit

Feb 20, 2007
MN
Is there any difference from buying it form Kellyco or Tony's store? Where would you guys recomend I buy from?
thanks
david

gregl01

Apr 19, 2005
land of the free-taxed to death
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Nokta Fors CoRe
I've purchased from both Kellyco and from TC detectors. Think like Kellyco is like dealing with the government, and Tony is like dealing with your buddy at the general store. Which would you rather do???
Good luck
Greg

OP
OP
D

davycoppit

Feb 20, 2007
MN
thanks for all of your responses Ill have to order it pretty soon so its here by spring. thanks
david

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
davycoppit said:
Is there any difference from buying it form Kellyco or Tony's store? Where would you guys recomend I buy from?
thanks
david

i would go with tony.

nc-joe

Dec 1, 2006
Concord, NC
Detector(s) used
White's DFX and Minelab Explorer SE
If you buy from Kellyco and have a problem, what are you going to do? You buy from Tony and he is here on line everyday, and depends on those of us here to support his "small" business. He can't afford to give poor customer service, whether it be a TNET member or not.

I am sure Tony can sell the unit for the same price and through the 9x12 coil in for an extra $90 bucks, too. (Which, as an ACE 250 owner w/o the 9x12, I STRONGLY SUGGEST YOU GET THE BIGGER COIL)

Tony is not just on here to sell his products, he's a true die hard MDer, can you say that about the person that will answer the phone at Kellyco?

garrettman64

Nov 8, 2006
mass
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 pro & Whites Classic SL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:) Hi Ya sandman I am also a mass res. where your store I may drop in to see ya sometime
Many Thanx Garrettman64 ;)

ronald99

Dec 13, 2006
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE-Excalibur 1000-Minelab SD2200V2
I cant understand why some people like to insult Kellyco on this forum,Ive purchased 3 Minelab detectors,the past couple month's,an this week i will be getting a fourth,Kellyco has knowledgeable people answering the phones,if they did not,I would be buying somewhere else,Now sure I could purchase from other's,but why should i give someone else,State tax when I don't live there,and also free shipping,People when they order from a dealer,should be entitled to honest and fair treatment,but when it comes down to the money,If i can get free shipping and no tax,plus free items,I understand alot of dealers,can not compete with kellyco,because they are a superstore,Don't forget,alot of us shop Walmart,and the largest amount of the employees there,have limited knowledge about there items,but we enjoy the savings,Kellyco has treated me great,and i just fill they get kicked around sometimes,T.C DETECTORS is always on this forum,and very helpfull,and has answered hundred's of questions,and Ive learned alot from the forum,I just believe a forum should be used positive and not a place to target others.Ronald99 ::)

Kas

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Mx sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go with Tony. He'll be around here for you if you need him.

And Tony, Find me a good price on a sunray DX1 for my DFX, buddy.

HH
Ken

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
ronald99 said:
I cant understand why some people like to insult Kellyco on this forum,Ive purchased 3 Minelab detectors,the past couple month's,an this week i will be getting a fourth,Kellyco has knowledgeable people answering the phones,if they did not,I would be buying somewhere else,Now sure I could purchase from other's,but why should i give someone else,State tax when I don't live there,and also free shipping,People when they order from a dealer,should be entitled to honest and fair treatment,but when it comes down to the money,If i can get free shipping and no tax,plus free items,I understand alot of dealers,can not compete with kellyco,because they are a superstore,Don't forget,alot of us shop Walmart,and the largest amount of the employees there,have limited knowledge about there items,but we enjoy the savings,Kellyco has treated me great,and i just fill they get kicked around sometimes,T.C DETECTORS is always on this forum,and very helpfull,and has answered hundred's of questions,and Ive learned alot from the forum,I just believe a forum should be used positive and not a place to target others.Ronald99 ::)

i base my opinion on kellyco from my own experience. i bought several detectors and pinpointers from them in the past and everything was cool, until there was a problem. in my opinion they did a very poor job of handling the situation. they made no effort to correct things, and pretty much gave me a bunch of double talk and excuses ( and that was after having several e-mail attempts ignored). i will not give them another chance. that is my opinion based on experience. you can do what you want, but I'm done with them.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Garrettman64, Tony's store is at
TC Metal Detectors
23 Cornwall Drive Windsor Locks, CT 06096
Phone: 860-623-1153
FAX: 860-627-0593
[email protected]

I am not an owner of Tony's store, but I offered to work for him for free just to help. I know of quite a few that have had trouble with Kellyco. Things are fine till something goes wrong then it is like pulling teeth to get them to fix it. You can spend your money where you want, but why take a chance.

Sandman

ronald99

Dec 13, 2006
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE-Excalibur 1000-Minelab SD2200V2
Sandman,you make a good point,The type of money thats invested in this hobby,we all take chances,myself I depend on being told the truth,as I'm still learning.There should be a website that will list all metal detector dealers,Where after a sell,the buyer would have a comment section,such as is done with Ebay.Now don't misunderstand me,I look at Kellyco since Ive spent thousands,and Tax and Shipping,would add up,Ive also had small problems that were solved thru phone call's,This is a great hobby,and when you can save money,and buy the exact same detector,I just fill that saving money is important?.Ive heard all good when it comes to TC DETECTORS,and had I never heard of a place where I could save on Shipping,and Tax. TC Detectors would have been my only choice.Ive saved over 600.00 on Tax and Shipping,Just a side note Im staying in Alabama and going to Florida to Detect the beach where i lived over 30 years,This is another reason i buy from Kellyco,If there is a problem,I'm able to go to Orlando and resolve the situation.I just visited TC Detectors website,and Tony has it set up great,there is a few Items that he sells,that I'm interested in,Headphone,and i also want a Pinpointer for my MINELAB SE,I'm not sure if Tony sale's the one to attach, Ronald99 ???

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread