Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Got a cheap GF ring in a sidewalk strip. ALL my spots are toast spent all last week going over them in ALL METAL just to see if I could squeak something out. 2018 was my best year haven’t even gotten a Buffalo yet. Uggh IMG_0012.jpg

Upvote 23

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Truth , Mississippi river water wheel grinding mills . Google Images with title . TP

pa-dirt_nc-sand

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2016
South Western PA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 with DD coil
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I’ve been spending time researching new areas to hit, often further out than I would prefer. But still find myself hitting some of my nearby favorite spots. Strange pull back to these, reliving past find moments, or familiarity. Good luck!

ConshyBoy

Sep 11, 2018
Conshohocken PA
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster 6000 Garrett Ace 400 BH Tracker 4 Vulcan 360 AT Pro Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’m going to Mississippi tomorrow. Try another state. Lol
Take a trip to PA plenty of history and sites in my area just a little cold at the moment (7 degrees) tonight

ConshyBoy

Sep 11, 2018
Conshohocken PA
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster 6000 Garrett Ace 400 BH Tracker 4 Vulcan 360 AT Pro Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was out a little bit early this morning wasn’t that bad about 40 degrees but the temperature dropped about 20 degrees within a half hour with 30mph winds and that shut me down real quick my wife had bought me these Camo fleece lined cargo pants for Detecting in the winter months she’s the best supposedly gonna be near 50 degrees Tuesday and Wednesday gonna check a couple places before work for future dig one is right outside of Valley Forge park

Whyme

Silver Member
Aug 22, 2007
Western New York
Detector(s) used
CTX-3030, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice ring! Remember.... a site is NEVER hunted out!

Ogre1190

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2015
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
MineLab E-Trac, MineLab Safari, MineLab Explorer XS,
White's 5000 D, White's 6DB, White's 5000 D GEB
Sunray X-1 for the ML's, Garrett PP for the White's and a Backhoe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Research, research, research, Truth! 😁 Just this morning, I discovered a doc that pinpoints all 18 one-room schoolhouses that existed in my county. The District was selling the buildings/plots and was kind enough to draw up a doc that showed exact locations, I.E., N/W corner of x and x roads, or 300 yds west of x and x roads, north side. Now I just need owners data from my plat book and some visits! 🙌

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Ahh hush. You're just spoiled.:laughing7:

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Research, research, research, Truth! [emoji16] Just this morning, I discovered a doc that pinpoints all 18 one-room schoolhouses that existed in my county. The District was selling the buildings/plots and was kind enough to draw up a doc that showed exact locations, I.E., N/W corner of x and x roads, or 300 yds west of x and x roads, north side. Now I just need owners data from my plat book and some visits! [emoji119]

Yeah that’s true I never do research LOL

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I could've made a living out of hunting "dried out" spots! LOL

There are just too many variables to count out anywhere!

The ground changes, trash moves, a nail might finish rusting away...uncovering something nice. Let alone new drops. I'll gladly take a brand new diamond ring! :tongue3:

Keep on keeping on! :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I could've made a living out of hunting "dried out" spots! LOL

There are just too many variables to count out anywhere!

The ground changes, trash moves, a nail might finish rusting away...uncovering something nice. Let alone new drops. I'll gladly take a brand new diamond ring! :tongue3:

Keep on keeping on! :icon_thumleft:

WHATAFIND I’m trying to believe that but I went to all my spots today and got nothing not even a clad. One shotgun shell. But I have something in the works!!!!!

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WHATAFIND I’m trying to believe that but I went to all my spots today and got nothing not even a clad. One shotgun shell. But I have something in the works!!!!!

Oh, I didn't mean that there aren't places where nothing, ( within reach), exists. Just that I have been back over places where I'd spent many, many hours. Only to be completely flabbergasted! I always wind up asking....*HOW!!???*

Always good to find new and greener pastures! That's part of it all. Still...once in a while? :tongue3:

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Truth, if you use a machine from another manufacturer, stuff will come out of the ground. It's always been that way, however, with that said, I would look for new spots before you spend more money on another machine. Every time we switched brands on a site, we found more items the first machine missed.

achetadomestica

Feb 5, 2017
Detector(s) used
xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My favorite spot became almost off limits. I did go there last week and found a 1916 merc.
I like the spot because most of the trash is gone and I usually find stuff really deep and I really
have to focus. I tried a couple new spots and the trash is going off everywhere. I think I live in the
most trashiest place on Earth. Don't you wish you got a nickel for every piece of trash you dug.
One thing that helped me was my spot was a school playground and one day I hit the spot next to
the playground and found 6-8 barber and merc dimes and a Roosevelt. I am in the same boat as you
and need some new spots. I did try 3 new spots and found 3 wheat pennies.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hear ya Buddy same here in my town which was founded in 1817 doesn't that suck. Im thinking of doing research on places an hour or 2 away!!!!! How about doing a road trip to AZ California

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My partner Possum got a beautiful permission and we where supposed to go tomorrow, but here comes the rain!! He’s only day off is tomorrow. Sucks because they just cleared everything. It’s perfect with some history on it. Ugggh IMG_1765.jpg IMG_1766.jpg IMG_1767.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread