Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Got a cheap GF ring in a sidewalk strip. ALL my spots are toast spent all last week going over them in ALL METAL just to see if I could squeak something out. 2018 was my best year haven’t even gotten a Buffalo yet. Uggh IMG_0012.jpg

Upvote 23

Hawks88

Gold Member
Aug 26, 2012
Niagara falls
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It’s still early in the year Truth. I’m sure you’ll have another great year. Nice ring find. Congrats

Inspector

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
Finger Lakes Region, Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Nox 600, w/6", Simplex+WHP, Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Toltec, Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haven't experienced that yet but it's gotta be a bummer. Good luck finding some new spots

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The year has just started...not to worry, with the time you put into the hobby; Good Things Will Happen! :occasion14:

OreElse

Jan 8, 2011
Yuma, AZ
Detector(s) used
Mxt, Gold Bug
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Where I'm at so much of what I'd love to swing over is off limits these days. Private property and City says no to many places. Sometimes you can get permission from private owners but most don't want you there.

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hang tough brother I know you’ll start breaking out the big finds soon :icon_thumright:

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other
might be time to start looking into bottle digging. but nice ring

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Want to hear my secret? Some of my spots are just over 300 miles from my house. You have to move it along, little one! There are many more places that haven't been detected, than have been hit. And some of the old spots haven't had a modern machine run over them in years. Think out of the box.

washingtonian

Gold Member
Sep 26, 2005
Puget Sound
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Whites DFX
You got this T. My first few hunts of the year were slow because my spots from last year dried up. I decided to start doing some door knocking and that’s been working. I hope something comes up for you soon!

Gene Mean

Bronze Member
Dec 22, 2016
Central NJ
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 350
Equinox 800
Eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Try to find old maps from other years that you haven't seen before.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
PLUS...after looking at the history of an area of interest. Try to figure out, mainly by deduction, was there a house on that ridge? Would troops have crossed here? If the camp was 2 miles that way, where were the picket posts, etc. Sometimes like with me and one of my buddies last week, it was a total bust. Sometimes, we walk onto a very, very old homesite no one knew existed, because it was not on any maps! One of my 16th century hammered coins came from such a spot.

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Vaquero, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No matter how much we detect or live to detect, it's impossible to cover all the ground on earth........new patches and finds await!!

tnt-hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Minelab Equinix 800, ,Garret AT Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is a lot of good advise on here. My start has been poor as well, but mostly because the weather has been terrible and I can’t get out. Keep swingin, the goodies are waiting for you.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tnt-hunter, come next weekend, try Sandy Point or the ocean. At the ocean especially hotels are cheap now and with tonight's King Tide, a lot of sand should move. Tomorrow, forget it, but it was not frozen there yesterday and with rain Wednesday and Thursday, the games are on!

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I detect Maryland, Pennsylvania, Virginia and Delaware of a frequent basis. I have been known to dig in New Jersey, New York and Quebec.

tomhighland

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2015
In MI woods
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
With my ground frozen this is google earth season and local history research. By local I mean all of the surrounding counties. One community started consolidating schools in the early 1900's. They moved the small schools literally to one location. I've found the sites for three just yesterday. Took forty five minutes. Too much history where you live to run out of spots. The french king gave the original colony to Spain, his cousin, at one point. They had a dearth of people willing to move there. So they opened it up and allowed Germans, the Acadians, folks from the Caribbean. There was a convent school in New Orleans that educated all races way back then. The information is easy to find. Old platte maps sat the library have helped me find what was instead of what is. Good luck!

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
Don't worry Truth, it happens to everyone from time to time, but once you find another great site everything will be great again. I've lost hope in finding another great site a few times, but always managed to find one after a few months of looking. I recommend checking old maps for old houses or homesites in the area, and go to each one you are able to hunt until you find a site that looks like it will be extremely productive, then hit it hard. Good luck in 2019, hope you find some bucket listers!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread