Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Got a cheap GF ring in a sidewalk strip. ALL my spots are toast spent all last week going over them in ALL METAL just to see if I could squeak something out. 2018 was my best year haven’t even gotten a Buffalo yet. Uggh IMG_0012.jpg

Upvote 23

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm having an ocean side road trip in a few hours!

buck8point

Apr 22, 2018
Iberville Parish, Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250 / Garrett AT Max /
Garrett Pro Pointer / Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

ConshyBoy

Sep 11, 2018
Conshohocken PA
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster 6000 Garrett Ace 400 BH Tracker 4 Vulcan 360 AT Pro Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don’t think I have dug dry ground since August 2018 rain has been horrendous in Pa.

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Don’t think I have dug dry ground since August 2018 rain has been horrendous in Pa.

Same here I’ve been digging after it stops the kitchen floor proves it but it’s 100% all day tomorrow. I guess I’ll be working tomorrow. I HATE BEING INSIDE ALL DAY!! Ugggh

Njdirtdigger

Tenderfoot
Jan 22, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I concur I'm new to the forum ive only been detecting for a year and half... keep at it sometimes thoes spots that seem like you've gotten all the good signals out of you may have missed somthing priceless. For myself I was digging a old farmstead site out in the woods in my backyard that ive cleaned out for the most part when I dug a big garbage sounding signal out comes a 1870s cavalry sword decorated best find to date

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I concur I'm new to the forum ive only been detecting for a year and half... keep at it sometimes thoes spots that seem like you've gotten all the good signals out of you may have missed somthing priceless. For myself I was digging a old farmstead site out in the woods in my backyard that ive cleaned out for the most part when I dug a big garbage sounding signal out comes a 1870s cavalry sword decorated best find to date

They’ll always be there but I’ve hit them pretty hard in 5 years with 5 different detectors and they’re not big places. I’ve gotten a lot of great things but lately it’s been totally dry. All I’m saying is I need a fresh honey hole.

ecmo

Feb 28, 2016
Missouri
Detector(s) used
macro racer 2, whites mx5, whites mx sport, trx pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, congratulations on the super find! See this is your first posting, welcome to the forum.

Sorry truth didn't mean to interrupt your thread. That new permission possum has looks awesome.

Joe-Dirt

Silver Member
Jan 18, 2018
Central Massachusetts
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Manticore & XP Deus II , 2 Garrett carrots, Minelab find 35 pin pointer, NX6 shovel , 31” Lesche shovel, whites digmaster, Lesche hand trowel, 3-5 gallon buckets full of crappola
Primary Interest:
Other
Want to hear my secret? Some of my spots are just over 300 miles from my house. You have to move it along, little one! There are many more places that haven't been detected, than have been hit. And some of the old spots haven't had a modern machine run over them in years. Think out of the box.

I have a nice 51 acre permission in Virginia I drive 7 hours to every year. I’m hoping to suck up to some unsuspecting property owners while I’m down there but it doesn’t look good. I’m going to have to start bringing one of my neices with so they can turn on the charm and bat some eye lashes.

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hang in there Truth. You are doing better than I am ! With high temps from 5 degrees to -5 for the next week or two, I don't think I will even get out before March !

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found a penny and a quarter at the beach yesterday, does that count? 8' of sand gone and no old stuff coming out yet.

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hang in there Truth. You are doing better than I am ! With high temps from 5 degrees to -5 for the next week or two, I don't think I will even get out before March !

Trezure that is insane!!!! I have no idea what that feels like. I often wonder how you work in that kind of weather. Shoveling your driveway, icy roads. If it freezes/snows here they say don’t leave the house no work, no school lol

Possum

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2017
Southeast Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 and Equinox 800, XP Deus, Shadow X5, Shadow X2, Fisher F44, Whites Coinmaster, and Tesoro Compadre'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hang in there brother, I got us a few nibbles and as soon as hunting seasons over with I'm gonna set that hook!!! Lol We'll be back in the thick of it soon, just hang in there and give me a little time, I'll have us back on track soon brother... "D"

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hang in there brother, I got us a few nibbles and as soon as hunting seasons over with I'm gonna set that hook!!! Lol We'll be back in the thick of it soon, just hang in there and give me a little time, I'll have us back on track soon brother... "D"

When’s hunting season over?

Possum

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2017
Southeast Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 and Equinox 800, XP Deus, Shadow X5, Shadow X2, Fisher F44, Whites Coinmaster, and Tesoro Compadre'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's rained so hard here...people are looking on the net for Noah's construction plans for an ark.

Possum

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2017
Southeast Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It's rained so hard here...people are looking on the net for Noah's construction plans for an ark.

We had another round of hard rain here yesterday... "D"

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread