American Gun Owners to be Fingerprinted and Registered: Feinstein Announces Nightmare

Status
Not open for further replies.

0121stockpicker

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2012
MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This is a better one.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/2/2b/U.S._Federal_Spending_-_FY_2011.png

Again unfortunately most of the money every year is spoken for. This is pretty well known which is why people always say we need to do something about SS and Medicare. This and defense are the real needle movers the rest is a "big rounding error". Thats why everyone says we need to fix (but wont so they dont lose the aarp vote). We all need to play follow the money if we are to be well informed citizens. Don't let people play a shell game so they get you wound up on little joy button issues while our incompetent politicians - both parties - pass the buck on the big issues they refuse to deal with. Just my opinion.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Diesel,

You still hanging out here???.....I thought by now the powers that be at the UN would have tracked you down....you be some slippery dude....lol.

Regards + HH

Bill

Bill, the secret is in the lube! LOL!:laughing7: They just can't seem to hold on to me long!

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
This is a better one.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/2/2b/U.S._Federal_Spending_-_FY_2011.png

Again unfortunately most of the money every year is spoken for. This is pretty well known which is why people always say we need to do something about SS and Medicare. This and defense are the real needle movers the rest is a "big rounding error". Thats why everyone says we need to fix (but wont so they dont lose the aarp vote). We all need to play follow the money if we are to be well informed citizens. Don't let people play a shell game so they get you wound up on little joy button issues while our incompetent politicians - both parties - pass the buck on the big issues they refuse to deal with. Just my opinion.

In this dangerous world cutting defense would be suicide, period. I guess that just leaves the other budget items.

ibjeepn

May 27, 2012
Butler, Pa
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic Whites Classic II
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Agree with you all. Have a friend who has suffers from Rheumatiod arthritis. Very painful at times. He works every day. Never called off sick in the past 15+ yrs that I know of. Takes 17 pills a day and a self injection once a week. He was told he could have SS disability. He told his doctor, the day I can't get out of bed. I'll think about it.
We could cut the $30 billion we give to Syria every year for starters. : )

0121stockpicker

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2012
MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
We don't give any money to Syria ever - hostile regime to the us. You might be thinking of Egypt or Israel or pakistan who get about 2b each. Entire foreign budget is about 60b or about 1 percent of the overall budget. Again things like welfare and foreign aid are rounding errors. It's all SS, Medicare and defense.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
We don't give any money to Syria ever - hostile regime to the us. You might be thinking of Egypt or Israel or pakistan who get about 2b each. Entire foreign budget is about 60b or about 1 percent of the overall budget. Again things like welfare and foreign aid are rounding errors. It's all SS, Medicare and defense.

Not quite true stockpicker, in 2012 we sent nearly 33 million in aid. It Was dispersed through u.n. entities and others like world food organization. We did not send directly to the Syrian govt. But the point is the same. We still sent money we don't have.

OP
OP
Red James Cash
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Obama administration sending $45 million in aid to al Qaeda in Syria

September 29, 2012
By: Ryan Keller

Government
Syria
Libya

Advertisement

The Associated Press reported on Thursday that the Obama administration is seeking to “rally Syria’s opposition” against Bashar Al Assad by providing them with $45 million of taxpayer money in humanitarian aid and “non-lethal” supplies, such as communication equipment.

This is not the first time that the Obama administration has contributed taxpayer money to the Syrian rebels, sending them $12 million in August.

Though the AP refers to the rebel fighters merely as the “opposition,” they are actually made up of al Qaeda fighters, and by sending them money, the U.S. government is providing financial assistance to the very terrorist organization whose members are supposedly hiding in peoples’ pants at airports.

Jacques Bérès, founder of Doctors Without Borders and a physician who spent time in Syria treating injuries, told France Info in a recent interview that “at least half” of those he treated were al Qaeda fighters:

I would say at least half of them are Salafist Jihadists with the headband with Quranic verses, even the cars transporting them had Al-Qaeda flags on them, and the Salafist look with the mustache gone while keeping a beard.

He also mentioned treating two French jihadists who claimed Mohamed Merah as an “example to follow.” Merah killed seven people, including two French soldiers and several Jewish civilians, earlier this year in shootings in the French cities of Toulouse and Montauban.

This is not the first time the U.S. government has supported al Qaeda fighters during the Arab spring. Many of the current al Qaeda members in Syria are veterans of last year’s Libyan conflict, who were themselves al Qaeda members.

In an interview with an Italian newspaper that was reported on by the U.K. Telegraph, Libyan rebel leader Abdel-Hakim al-Hasidi bragged that

he had recruited "around 25" men from the Derna area in eastern Libya to fight against coalition troops in Iraq. Some of them, he said, are "today are on the front lines in Adjabiya".

Mr al-Hasidi insisted his fighters "are patriots and good Muslims, not terrorists," but added that the "members of al-Qaeda are also good Muslims and are fighting against the invader".

He also mentioned that “he had earlier fought against ‘the foreign invasion’ in Afghanistan, before being ‘captured in 2002 in Peshwar, in Pakistan’. He was later handed over to the US, and then held in Libya before being released in 2008.”

As veterans of the Iraq and Afghanistan wars, many of those Libyan fighters had killed American troops.

In November, the Telegraph further reported that the black flag of al Qaeda was flying over the Benghazi courthouse, which is “considered to be the seat of the revolution,” and “that Islamists had been seen driving around the city's streets, waving the Al Qaeda flag from their cars and shouting ‘Islamiya, Islamiya! No East, nor West’.”

Even though the U.S. government is supporting known al Qaeda fighters, the president has been given the authority to indefinitely detain anyone in the world, including American citizens, for supporting al Qaeda. But don't expect anyone in the government to be arrested for aiding terrorists.

OP
OP
Red James Cash
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Isnt this ironic,read the above post,then read this one.

US offers $12m reward for al-Qaeda financiers backing Syrian extremists
8:56PM BST 18 Oct 2012

The United States posted a reward of up to $12 million on Thursday for help in tracking down two Iran-based al-Qaeda financial backers accused of funneling money to extremists in Syria.

The State Department said Muhsin al-Fadhli and his deputy Adel Radi Saqr al-Wahabi al-Harbi had helped "facilitate the movement of funds and operatives through Iran on behalf of the al-Qaeda terrorist network."

"Al-Qaeda elements in Iran, led by Fadhli, are working to move fighters and money through Turkey to support al-Qaeda-affiliated elements in Syria," the department said in a statement.

"Fadhli also is leveraging his extensive network of Kuwaiti jihadist donors to send money to Syria via Turkey."

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Red, it is ironic but not surprising. How can we be serious about beating down terrorists when we have one in the white house? Barrack Hussein Obama.....mmm.....mmmm....mmm as Rush would say!

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Please excuse me as I have to take Obama to the white house (take a dump) right now!:laughing7::laughing9::tongue3:

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
stockpicker........................make a pie chart out of just Social Security and welfare. Then slice that pie into "Legitimate and Earned Entitlement" and "Taking Advantage of the Program". Now, remove the taking advantage scumballs and you have programs that can maintain themselves as long as the government doesn't dip into it to buy votes from the worthless.

ibjeepn

May 27, 2012
Butler, Pa
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic Whites Classic II
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
stockpicker........................make a pie chart out of just Social Security and welfare. Then slice that pie into "Legitimate and Earned Entitlement" and "Taking Advantage of the Program". Now, remove the taking advantage scumballs and you have programs that can maintain themselves as long as the government doesn't dip into it to buy votes from the worthless.

Slim pickins

BrisJoe

Dec 30, 2012
Brisbane
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, Whites Goldmaster, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to Australia people.
We live perfectly fine over here with our ameneded gun laws after out last mass shooting in Port Arthur back in 1996.
Since then ALL automatic/semi-auto long arms are banned, same as pistol grip shotguns and large calibre rifle such as .50cal.
As far as licensing goes, you must hold a current "weapon owners license" which is a photo ID that required you to sit a 5day safety course and be a paying member of a recognised shooting range/gun club. Pictols require you to be a member of a pistol club and attend at least 2 offical club shoots per year.
THEN after you have your license (which takes up 6-8 weeks to be processed) you go shopping for your desired weapon, THEN you must apply for a "permit to acquire" where you note the weapon type/serial/seller etc which takes up to 2 weeks.
And then you can take the weapon home.
BUT it must be stored in an approved gun safe, rifles with the bolt removed and stored ina seperate lockbox inside the safe, usually in the ammunition lockbox. And you are privvy to random unannounced inspections by weapons licensing branch of the police to make sure the safe is approved and bolted to the floor if it weihts less then 200kg and that only the licensed person has access to the weapons.

I believe the US dosen't need to have access to automatic "assault" weapons for purposes as hunting.
**OOOHHHH THINK OF THE RABBITS**
Fully automatic weapons are designed to be used in war zones not by the weekend shooter. IF anything a semi-automatic RIFLE can be used to hunting.

Anything else is just daft and plain old redneck mentality.

I am not antigun, I love shooting etc but you have to draw the line somewhere as to what justifies appropiate weapons for civilian use Because as much as some people really hate to admit, you are NOT a paramilitary organisation, you are plain old civilians.

When people are defending the 2nd ammendment they need to actually read into it, not just take it at face value..
"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed"

A well regulated militia Meaning you are a member of a military organisation eg: national guard/army/navy/airforce and the official terms used for a militia organisation as stated when the ammendment was penned, required this organisation to have a uniform code of unifrom and field equipment to carry to regular official trianing meetings.
We had a militia organisation here in Australia back in the day, this has now become the "army/navy/airforce reserves". Training 1 night/week and 1 weekend per month and you are a paid member of the defence force with full trianing etc and requirement to do overseas postings but still keep your normal job.

"Regulated" also means that there are rules and regultions pertaining to the weapons use, so under this part alone the government has the right to to regulate the available weapons for the use of the peoples as well as the requirement to license/permit the hell out of it as required.

As I said above don't hate me I love guns too, I'm just giving an outsiders perspective to this from a country that has gun control out the wazoo and it dosen't worry us, we just accept the facts of life and live within it's means

Relevant:

bevo

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
eastern wa
Detector(s) used
minelab eureka,fisher f2,ace 150,fisher gold tick,whites coin classic II
thats what Americans dont want,we have a right to bear arms!
not a privilege.

bevo

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
eastern wa
Detector(s) used
minelab eureka,fisher f2,ace 150,fisher gold tick,whites coin classic II
RANDOM UNANNOUNCED INSPECTIONS?AND YOU GUYS ARE OK WITH THAT?

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
BrisJoe,

Well thought out post....I've got some detecting buddies in OZ and you're all a great bunch of guys in my books...take care mate.

Regards + HH

Bill

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We don't live in Australia we live in USA and our Bill of Rights guarantees us the right to bear arms....The right is there to have the ability to protect ourselves from all evil including tyranny from our own government.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread