An exotic tick that can kill cattle is spreading

Apr 17, 2014
Tartarus Dorsa mountains
Primary Interest:
Other
The 106 members number at this time speaks very well by itself.
The guests may joint at any time.
The numbers are interesting.
First off, the problem is when they start jointing they start laughing at us and then get sleepy and quit reading. But really it is all about me. I really know how to give a thread legs and bring in the throngs. Plus, pushing to the top of the pile gets lookers.

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
iu

Tesorodeoro

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don’t see the problem with a group of civil folks with a common interest in mining to discuss ticks (which last I checked are found nearly everywhere gold has been deposited).

I’ve found that I get less embedded ticks if I give my dog the frontline chewable treatment during tick season. That way she won’t pick up ticks in the field (when we are dry washing) and bring them back to my house where they can sneak onto me while I’m sleeping. It’s been the most effective tick repellent for dogs that I have ever used.

OP
OP
Assembler

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites, Fisher, Garrett, and Falcon.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
As long as the proper message is getting to our members, who cares what area it is posted. This is a forum after all. :coffee2:
Information that some find useful is the reason for the forum.
Where it is posted is just likely an distraction or for other reasons.

Apr 17, 2014
Tartarus Dorsa mountains
Primary Interest:
Other
I don’t see the problem with a group of civil folks with a common interest in mining to discuss ticks (which last I checked are found nearly everywhere gold has been deposited).

I’ve found that I get less embedded ticks if I give my dog the frontline chewable treatment during tick season. That way she won’t pick up ticks in the field (when we are dry washing) and bring them back to my house where they can sneak onto me while I’m sleeping. It’s been the most effective tick repellent for dogs that I have ever used.
I'ma gonna hafta try that on my gorlfriend. But dun none of ya'll go telling her where I got the idea, it might get awkward :D

OP
OP
Assembler

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
People used to call that a blow hard happy dance, but it has since be recognized to be a mind fart. Thanks for bringing this to our attention :D
Possible going against the wind by leaning into the prevailing wind / winds.

OP
OP
Assembler

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'ma gonna hafta try that on my gorlfriend. But dun none of ya'll go telling her where I got the idea, it might get awkward :D
I have used a stick to push and tap brush ahead to help reduce ticks.

OP
OP
Assembler

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I just have my youngest son walk ahead with his shirt off. works great for skeeters too not to mention he is a chick magnet :D
To be fair have the son shower and then groom to remove ticks. Then treat body if ticks found to get rid of the ticks.

OP
OP
Assembler

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Interesting that there is now over 3,000 views with 130 members have looked at this topic.

OP
OP
Assembler

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I find many other things far more interesting.
Assember has found other things way more interesting. Some have question the numbers that's all.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread