Ancient Aztec/Myan, Spanish, and KGC trail.

on the hunt

Feb 26, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mdog that's some very good stuff my friend. You truly do have all my respect Mdog. I just think its great that you are willing to show and talk about some of the great thing that you have came across in your adventures. I no their is a lot of treasure hunters that keep their stuff to there self and I think that is a shame. Their is just so much that all of us still don't know about the people that have came before us and left these's amazing monument. SSP 414 042.JPG Mdog I am going to switch gears here and show some things that I think are Spanish at this site Pinwheel & I have.

Last edited:

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
Mdog that's some very good stuff my friend. You truly do have all my respect Mdog. I just think its great that you are willing to show and talk about some of the great thing that you have came across in your adventures. I no their is a lot of treasure hunters that keep their stuff to there self and I think that is a shame. Their is just so much that all of us still don't know about the people that have came before us and left these's amazing monument. View attachment 1004903 Mdog I am going to switch gears here and show some things that I think are Spanish at this site Pinwheel & I have.

Any carvings on that flat chunk of rock?

on the hunt

Feb 26, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't seen any carvings on that rock Mdog. I really need to take another good look at this area thought.

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OTH:
In this last photo, there's a large white face on the left edge, about center, that is tilted way down to look at something below it. It may be indicating that large black cat face in the lower left corner OR something buried at the base of the rock face. There's another large white face, left of center, in profile, facing to the right as if looking at that chair / throne.

on the hunt

Feb 26, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Shortstack you have a very good eye my friend! I will investigate that the next time I get to make it back out there. Do you guy's see the Devil looking at the King? The Parrot sitting on top of the kings head is very interesting. SSP 414 044.JPG Shortstack & Mdog what about this pic? I think this one is very nice!

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OTH:
I see your devil, outlined in red and there's a LOT of small letters and shapes in black. I've circled them in yellow.

SSP 414 044--OnTheHunt.JPG

DocBeav

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2012
SE Va
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab CTX 3030 (17", 11", 6" coils), Minelab Excalibur 800, Minelab Excalibur 1000 (w/OBN's Remote Pinpoint mod and CTX headphone connector)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Shortstack thanks for your post.You were speaking of serpents what do you think about this one? View attachment 1003228 View attachment 1003230

I'm not the expert others are on this stuff (in fact I found a rock carving a while back that I still can't ID!) but it looks to me like it could have been some sort of stone used to grind corn or wheat on. The multiple, worn groves on it suggest (if that's what it is) that it was used for a LONG time! Can't really tell exact size but it looks perfect to sit/kneel behind it and just grind away letting the "meal" fall down out of the way. Just what occured to me when looking at your picture. You really do have a cool place to explore and I hope you find some moregood stuff to show us. Any luck swinging a detector in these areas or have you not attempted it yet?

on the hunt

Feb 26, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Docbeav haven't had a chance to swing a detector yet at the site. Thanks for the post. ANCIENT 234.JPG What are your guys thoughts on this?

on the hunt

Feb 26, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Mdog hope every thing is well. That is a hole in the boulder and it is shaped like an eye.

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
Hello Mdog hope every thing is well. That is a hole in the boulder and it is shaped like an eye.

There is an eye shape carved through a rock formation where I am. It ties in with a large heart shaped boulder and a small D shaped rock with a pointer by it. You posted a picture of a heart but I couldn't make it out very well. How far is your eye from the heart carving? Where I am, the eye is the north point of the triangle and the heart is SW of that, about 500 feet. You might find a carving that shows the last three signs and how the triangle is formed. It should be a nice clear carving with no guess work about what the carvings are.

on the hunt

Feb 26, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mdog that is the best information that anyone has ever given me and I thank you for that. The eye isn't very far at all from the heart Mdog. 2014-04-12 17.38.54.jpg

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
Mdog that is the best information that anyone has ever given me and I thank you for that. The eye isn't very far at all from the heart Mdog. View attachment 1005645

This picture looks good because the eye on the formation here is high on the formation, like yours is. How is the heart and eye set up (north-south, east-west)? Also, what direction does the river flow at this spot?

on the hunt

Feb 26, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Mdog the eye & heart are set up east-west. The river flows south. Mdog have you discovered a prominent ( very in your face Hoyo ) at your site?

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
Hello Mdog the eye & heart are set up east-west. The river flows south. Mdog have you discovered a prominent ( very in your face Hoyo ) at your site?

Yes, a hoyo shaped like an eye, like yours. It's high on the north end of a long narrow rock formation and it was incorporated into a sculpted snake. The snake was shaped like an S on its side.

Here's how the site in my county is set up.

152.jpg

The red dots are owls, the green dot is the heart, light blue is the eye, dark blue is the D rock, and purple is a big hole in the ground.

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
Yes, a hoyo shaped like an eye, like yours. It's high on the north end of a long narrow rock formation and it was incorporated into a sculpted snake. The snake was shaped like an S on its side.

Here's how the site in my county is set up.

View attachment 1006028

The red dots are owls, the green dot is the heart, light blue is the eye, dark blue is the D rock, and purple is a big hole in the ground.

The tributary, at this point, is flowing south toward the Mississippi. If you have a rock face on the south end of the bluff, you might want to check for shadow art.

on the hunt

Feb 26, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mdog I don't know how to thank you enough for all the information that you have shared with me. I know one thing is for sure that when I get to get back out there in the field you have given me one hell of a leg up and I thank you for that! The Hoyo at Pinwheel and I site is shaped like a Bird. 2014-04-12 17.40.29.jpg Mdog is this not just the finest example of a Hoyo that you have ever seen? Mdog so do you think that if I can find the bird that I will have my triangle?

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
Mdog I don't know how to thank you enough for all the information that you have shared with me. I know one thing is for sure that when I get to get back out there in the field you have given me one hell of a leg up and I thank you for that! The Hoyo at Pinwheel and I site is shaped like a Bird. View attachment 1006278 Mdog is this not just the finest example of a Hoyo that you have ever seen? Mdog so do you think that if I can find the bird that I will have my triangle?

This is a real nice looking formation and the big rock is shaped like the formation here that has the eye hoyo. The hoyo here was up high on the rock though. But that might have meant to look high because the small triangle was up on top of the bluff. Maybe you won't have to go up top. I can't say what your triangle, if there is one, is going to look like, but I think your terrain is a lot like mine so what I'm doing is letting you know how the place here is set up hoping that is set up similar to what I have studied. Something else, I found a hole but that's it, and because it's on public land, I can't use a metal detector or dig. That makes the puzzle, I'm trying to solve, incomplete. How does this formation line up with the heart and eye at your spot? One of the owls here was real small compared to the others, 18 inches, but it was very heavy and half buried in the ground, not easily moved. I flipped it over to look under it and the shape of the rock that was buried was exactly like the terrain features to the next owl. It was cool. There are two pointers on your bird hoyo rock, one is on the support rock and the other is the birds beak and it seems they're pointing in the same direction. Look in that direction and see if there are any terrain features similar to the part of the big rock that is sitting on the support rock. Do you know what is in the direction that the pointers are pointing at?

on the hunt

Feb 26, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for your input on the formation Mdog. Well Mdog we have a few things around where the pointers are pointing. First we have this little guy which I still am at a lose on? 2014-04-12 17.34.57.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread