Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
501454221_1385785630.jpg 501454221_1385785630.jpg ​****** This month i see that spike tv has a new reality show they will be putting on tv…..How do they come up with these ? …Another show for me not to watch……………………..The name of the show is ……………. Get this.>>>>>THRIFT STORE HUNTERS ….​About people going to goodwill stores and other thrift stores…. God help us please…...

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Now that would be a long running show....could run for years and never rerun

The big question would be where to start picking contestants from,way to many choices.:laughing7:

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hunt the naked idiots at the mall would be my choice. Hunt them with water balloons. With dyed water.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's one for you......"Watch the people who brainstorm reality show plots as they brainstorm reality show plots." Do it like that old Gong Show, only use real clubs and "Gong" the losers over the head. :laughing7: "It's so simple a cave man can do it."

Nickleanddime

Jul 21, 2013
a, ohio
Detector(s) used
A $10 garage sale find.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im truely sick to my stomach with that news. Its bad enough already with them using the net to price. Here comes this,there will be lines into goodwill now.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im truely sick to my stomach with that news. Its bad enough already with them using the net to price. Here comes this,there will be lines into goodwill now.

It's already been trending that way at Goodwills and the various Thrift stores for quite some time. Not very often that anything of potential value or demand gets to the shelf without being investigated/priced through ebay anymore. I see resellers cruising these places all the time, notebooks and iphones, etc., either in hand or out in the car so they price check potential purchases before they ever buy them. The same is also true with most garage sales and auctions and even flea markets these days. If anything, I think this new reality show is sort of lagging behind in what's already been trending and taking place for quite sometime now. The sad part in all of this, a lot of these places that take donated merchandise don't have to limit the amount of markup they can attach to an item. It's actually becoming quite the racket and the competition has been steadily growing in recent years. The end result in most cases, those who donate and those who are truly in need are being victimized and taken advantage of. Just another system that's become broken and flawed.

Last edited:

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Too much! :laughing7:

This is the absolute truth. I read this thread and decided to create a photoshopped pic, or at least a pic with a caption of "the newest reality show" that takes place at the dump. So I'm looking through google images for at least 5 minutes and don't see much to use, but then I see a pic with a bunch of people standing on trash and think that will work. I then click on it and it's actually a freakin reality show!

?Survivor? in the rubbish - Salon.com

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
The answer is to stop watching it,I dont think too many people will though.The more that watch the trash the more the trash gets produced.The networks have to cater to the brain dead.If nobody watched them see how fast they would disappear.

Nickleanddime

Jul 21, 2013
a, ohio
Detector(s) used
A $10 garage sale find.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see alot on their phones anymore also. But a real seller has the knowledge and know how to turn a bad buy into a good sale. Thats the fun of it all to most, the learning and the hunt. If you constantly know everything at a moment notice it takes the surprise away.That great feeling you get when you take a shot and win big.What a great feeling.

Iron there was a show on a few years ago that took scientist and put them in a scrap yard to build all kinds of machines. That was a great show. But living in a dump for fun and potential prize, never should be done.

OP
OP
Keppy

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Too much! :laughing7:

This is the absolute truth. I read this thread and decided to create a photoshopped pic, or at least a pic with a caption of "the newest reality show" that takes place at the dump. So I'm looking through google images for at least 5 minutes and don't see much to use, but then I see a pic with a bunch of people standing on trash and think that will work. I then click on it and it's actually a freakin reality show!

?Survivor? in the rubbish - Salon.com
,, Well .. IP..if it is on in the UK it will be here in the USA soon then..

Last edited:
OP
OP
Keppy

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
The answer is to stop watching it,I dont think too many people will though.The more that watch the trash the more the trash gets produced.The networks have to cater to the brain dead.If nobody watched them see how fast they would disappear.
.. Well Red you know as well as i do these a holes keep watching them shows .So they keep putting them on..I refuse to watch them ..

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I knew someone that worked at the Goodwill and she told me that before they put anything out they have someone come in and look thur everything and they will pick out all the good stuff buy it first. So there is never really anything that will be high dollar for anyone else to get. She had told me that this person buys all the gold and silver very cheap and she also get name brand clothes for hardly nothing.

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Yup keppy thats the sad part.They believe every word the idiot box tells them.To put it one way as a buddy of mines dad once said,"but I seen it on TV"I just walked away disgusted.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread