Any treasure leads in Guam?

Solids0be

Jul 7, 2005
Im new to the board but have been reading posts like mad for the last few weeks. This is a great site and I enjoy reading about everyones finds. Anyways I am going to be stationed In Guam comming up in the next 5 months and wanted to know if anyone has heard of any possible treasures or even Rumors of Buried loot on Guam. Ive been there before and did some exploring in my free time and noticed the Coast has plenty of hiding spots along the shoreline. So Im just giving a shout out to anyone whos heard anything about Guam. Anything would be great,stories, rumors, finds, whatever. thanks.

Solids0be

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx
Solidsobe:
I heard tell of a complete, Jap :-\ "Zero" being found in the jungle back a few years!
NOW!
That! Is A Treasure!
How do I know??
I have relatives there, I found out, and I am related to just about everyone there on the island!
My Dad, after his divorce, Married a Guamian Girl during WW2 .. !
Stay away from the 'backside " of the island..
There used to be a "CIA" ? training area there!
ASk! Around, it may still be there?

frieguy

Oct 20, 2005
me and my wife are currently stationed in Guam, I only know of one other metal detector working the shorelines. I know that there used to be Spanish settlers here, possably some Spanish gold somewhere, and most likley some WWII relics but I don't know where to start looking. there are caves and such all over the island. I have been trying to research where the Spanish settlers first settled on the island but have come up with nothing other than the time period that they occupied the island. if you get any leads that would be cool. there is allot of history of the island it was first ( besides the locals ) occupied by the Spanish then it was taken over by the Japanese. at the end of WWII the U.S had taken it from the Japanese and gave it to the people of Guam. the us still has influence here as it is a strategic war point. but good hunting and welcome to Guam

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread