Anyone ever been spooked while huntin ?? Or any other time ?

Had any spooky experiences MDing or Bottle diggin' ?? Or other times ??

• Yep !

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nope !

• A little one time !

• Me ? Spooked ? Ha !

• I am use to it now ! I have seen many ghosties !

• Total voters
OP
OP
Spitfire Reddie

Spitfire Reddie

Bronze Member
Jul 29, 2006
NC
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2
Re: Anyone ever been spooked while huntin' ?? Or any other time ?

Rob i would of peed my pants !!!! :o :o :o :o :o lol
Please do keep us inform of any finds !

BOO !!

Rob in KS

Aug 21, 2006
Middle of Kansas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

We dug a couple of holes in the area, but didn't find anything. I mean not even a rock. The dowsing rods went nuts in the area. I'll keep you posted

OP
OP
Spitfire Reddie

Spitfire Reddie

Bronze Member
Jul 29, 2006
NC
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2

This pic is most definely made for this thread !
miscellaneous_142.gif

Blind.In.Texas

Bronze Member
Sep 1, 2006
Lone Star State
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

you may in fact NOT have access to those census eras that you would like, but, what about property records? cross reference the owner's name from each address on the street you seek to the names of the people you DO have access to in your census eras. obviously this would cover ownership only and not rental history. You could check the older eras and the newer eras and see if you come up with any matches.

it seems like a lot of work, but, you have yahoo maps for your grid and a highlighter. seems like you could narrow it down rather quickly to who was a steady resident and who was not, give or take a few years.

also head down to the local cemetery and do some math. don't know what size town you live in or size of cemetery is there, but, walking and doing some math can sure narrow it down. also most of us dont die at that age so that ought to make it easier too. obituaries are another source from your local paper, and YES, they are still made in many towns......

Rob in KS

Aug 21, 2006
Middle of Kansas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Will.Dig.For.Food,
This is Kansas, we weren't even a state until 1861. I think the western 2/3 of the counties weren't
even surveyed until 1870's. The 17 yr old boy told my son about trading with the indians, so I'm thinking 1850's or later.

I have a copy of an ownership map from 1884. Somebody named D.J. Farris owned it then. Haven't found much about him.

My son did have a visit from the father of the kids. He gave him a better idea of the location
of the house. I dug a test hole and sifted it. Here is what I found. About 8 inches down. Green glass fragments, and a piece of pottery. A friend is visiting and we haven't gotten back to dig more.

The cemetary near us is on a hilltop in the middle of a section (640 acres) of pasture and wheat fields. We have a list from the net showing who is buried there. It says things like so-and-so family and their ages. Not very precise info. A lot of the family names are still around this area. I'll keep you posted if we find anything more

Attachments

• Sep05$01.jpg
    Sep05$01.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 1,017

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250

Rob in KS....need help researching names....PM me...be happy to help. I have access to census records.

Blind.In.Texas

Bronze Member
Sep 1, 2006
Lone Star State
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Rob in KS said:
Will.Dig.For.Food,
This is Kansas, we weren't even a state until 1861. I think the western 2/3 of the counties weren't
even surveyed until 1870's. The 17 yr old boy told my son about trading with the indians, so I'm thinking 1850's or later.

I have a copy of an ownership map from 1884. Somebody named D.J. Farris owned it then. Haven't found much about him.

My son did have a visit from the father of the kids. He gave him a better idea of the location
of the house. I dug a test hole and sifted it. Here is what I found. About 8 inches down. Green glass fragments, and a piece of pottery. A friend is visiting and we haven't gotten back to dig more.

The cemetary near us is on a hilltop in the middle of a section (640 acres) of pasture and wheat fields. We have a list from the net showing who is buried there. It says things like so-and-so family and their ages. Not very precise info. A lot of the family names are still around this area. I'll keep you posted if we find anything more

Looks like a busted old green glass insulator to me. i've seen 'em all busted up and thats what they look like.....and sorry bout that post. didn't mean you, i just forgot to specify.

I do, however, believe strongly in ghosts and I'll tell you something. I have seen one with my own eyes and have heard many a noise and felt strange chills in the air. I even had my family around once to hear the noises I had been telling them about and, thankfully so, because they all thought I was nuts...I'll tell the story if anyone wants to hear it. Even though It didn't happen while MD'ing. Seems like a few of the places I have lived have had mild 'happenings'. Wifey says I'm a followed man. Cheers!

OP
OP
Spitfire Reddie

Spitfire Reddie

Bronze Member
Jul 29, 2006
NC
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2

Tell us Will.Dig.For.Food !!! :o :o

Blind.In.Texas

Bronze Member
Sep 1, 2006
Lone Star State
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

here goes, this still creepes me out......

It was very near to Christmas, my eight year. I was lying in my bed and couldn't sleep. I could see down through the galley kitchen and into the living room. I remember lying there and feeling very uncomfortable. I kept looking into the living room and then away. After a while I looked out into the living room again and I saw(jeez I'm bumping up now!) a....blob?mist? can't quite explain it... it was abstract in form. and very large. it basically FLOWED through my field of view. It was a rigid object. it kind behaved similarly to a large soggy jellyfish, but, translucent. it moved very slowly...too slowly. i couldn't take my eyes off of it and i wanted to. i had a chance to view it for quite a few seconds as it 'drifted' by. this all took place about 20 feet away from me so, i was very close.....anyway, it drifted through the living room and out of view toward my parents room!!!!! by now i was not feeling strangely anymore(since it was) gone. i got up andsneaked down the hall and opened my parents door, and does anyone guess what i found???? NOTHING!!! and that scared the CRAP out of me. I ran so fast back to my bed I nearly killed myself sliding to a stop head first into th head board........ ever since that day i will stand by the FACT that there are things in this world that do move around and are not human in form........not seeing anything in their room, for me, worse than than actually seeing with my own eyes!!!!!

it not the known that makes me uncomfortable, it is what i cannot see bumping in the night that does.

i swear this really happend and I have a couple of more chillers to make the old skin crawl. i mean really crawl if you are a true believer.

wannadanc

Aug 30, 2006
Wettern WA State
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505

Yummy read!!!!!!

The story is one told often by my parents (now deceased). In their young adult lives, they had a group of friends w/ whom they often visited ....and at some point, someone got them into the business of levitation. They would sit on the four sides of a card table, and holding their hands just inches above it, they would chant "up table, up table". The story went that the table DID levitate - and then a bit like a Ouija board, they would ask questions of the table. The table would "reply" with one or two taps of one of the legs to yes/no questions.

A series of questions one evening led to one person asking the table if there was something wrong? (Yes) Is there something wrong with my family? (Yes) Do I need to call home? (Yes)

Calling home resulted in learning of a death that had JUST happened. My parents and their friends never again played "up table".

That is the story - FWIW - my parents weren't very strange - I believe they were truly frightened.

OP
OP
Spitfire Reddie

Spitfire Reddie

Bronze Member
Jul 29, 2006
NC
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2

Will.Dig.For.Food said:
here goes, this still creepes me out......

It was very near to Christmas, my eight year. I was lying in my bed and couldn't sleep. I could see down through the galley kitchen and into the living room. I remember lying there and feeling very uncomfortable. I kept looking into the living room and then away. After a while I looked out into the living room again and I saw(jeez I'm bumping up now!) a....blob?mist? can't quite explain it... it was abstract in form. and very large. it basically FLOWED through my field of view. It was a rigid object. it kind behaved similarly to a large soggy jellyfish, but, translucent. it moved very slowly...too slowly. i couldn't take my eyes off of it and i wanted to. i had a chance to view it for quite a few seconds as it 'drifted' by. this all took place about 20 feet away from me so, i was very close.....anyway, it drifted through the living room and out of view toward my parents room!!!!! by now i was not feeling strangely anymore(since it was) gone. i got up andsneaked down the hall and opened my parents door, and does anyone guess what i found???? NOTHING!!! and that scared the CRAP out of me. I ran so fast back to my bed I nearly killed myself sliding to a stop head first into th head board........ ever since that day i will stand by the FACT that there are things in this world that do move around and are not human in form........not seeing anything in their room, for me, worse than than actually seeing with my own eyes!!!!!

it not the known that makes me uncomfortable, it is what i cannot see bumping in the night that does.

i swear this really happend and I have a couple of more chillers to make the old skin crawl. i mean really crawl if you are a true believer.

:o :o :o :o :o OMG ! That story gives me the goose bumps too !! Wow i bet you were scared outta your head ! :o
I am most certainly a believer ! Tell us the other stories of creepyness !!

Blind.In.Texas

Bronze Member
Sep 1, 2006
Lone Star State
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I still can't believe how much this one freeks me out.

I used to live a house in Hockley, TX. This was a two story house and quite large. A portion of the attic had been converted into an apartment. The apartment covered approximately 1/3rd of the entire house. This is important. On the north side of the room there was an interior door leading down homemade wooden steps. Go out that door and there is a landing. Down two steps and face left and you have the interior stair case. South side of the room there was the exterior door and metal and concrete stairs leading down into the yard. The room is split level, meaning that, half way across the room there were two stairs the width of the room. My bed was on the south(lower end) of the room and from where I was lying my bed would be level with the bottom of the door across the room.

By now I hope we are set up well enough I can tell this without people trying to come up with an explanation for what is about to be told. Do not try to explain. I has already been tried and I have de-bunked them all.

The interior stairs are made entirely of old oak boards and nails. These were built by the people who lived in it before us and every single stair in that case creaked every single time they were walked on. Every single time....And very loud to boot. It was actually tough on my knees because of the high angle and the squeaks were so loud I usually used the outside set.

This night I was lying on my back, in bed, reading a magazine when there was the loudest knock on the interior door. It was so d#$n loud it P***ed me off. I laid my magazine on my chest and looked up. I saw nothing under the door. Before you say one of the kids pranked me let me say this....There is NO WAY that a person could walk normally up those stairs and me NOT hear it. MUCH less prank knock and run. IT CAN'T BE DONE. I always left the landing light on so that the girls could see what they were doing in case they had to come up in the middle of the night. Immediately after the knock, when I looked up, there were no shadows. No legs...No shoes... No one peeking. I got up immediately, after hearing that dreadfully loud knock, and and went to the door. There was simply NO ONE there. I couldn't believe my eyes......I was mortified. I don't scare easily and I never have. My skin went numb and I just stood there looking down those lighted steps. I slowly backed away from the door, shut it, and walked calmly back to my bed. I laid myself down and when wifey asked who it was I simply said, "no one. now let's go to sleep."

Well of course she flipped her wig completely, but, I finally had a witness!! This is only the one of three times in my life where I actually had a witness. The other incident was in the same house and the whole group heard it. This wouldn't have been so bad had it not been for the shear meanness of the knock. To this day my skins crawls just thinking about it......

Hoped you liked the tale and I hope it scares you at least a fraction of what it did to me. One more skin crawler if ya'll want to hear it.

Mike

Blind.In.Texas

Bronze Member
Sep 1, 2006
Lone Star State
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

FWIW - Sorry to hear about your folks. It's never to late for condolances from anyone..

OMG!! Stay AWAAAAY from the OUIJA!!

I have a OUIJA story. My next skin crawler.....

Some friends invited my wifey and I over for some card fun and drinking one evening. They had given us the key to let ourselves in (friends since highschool) because of overlapping schedules. Now I don't want to make any of my stories sound too well rehearsed and thought out, it's just that I am a very reasonable and rational person and I think before I flip.

On this particular evening we brought along the OUIJA board I had acquired from my brother. He had told me to take because he didn't want that 'thing' in his house anymore.

I know a few things about a few things and wifey and I got out the board a bit before they showed up. I have heard what can happen with these boards so I was not about to 'let anything' into my house, so, that's why we used our friends house. Cold isn't it?

Anyway, before getting started I turned off the air conditioner, the ceiling fans, and checked the windows, with cigarette smoke, for draft. We sat on either side of the board and had a candle at each end. The long skinny kind.

We began and it took a little bit of time but it finally started to 'respond'. It was very erratic and random. After a little bit of calling we made 'contact' with an entity. After introductions, always lie.... they DO NOT know you, and never become personal, we began to get a little intelligent contact. His name was Frans. He was five years old and I did not ask him how he died. He could spell and new Englisch. We spoke for a bit and then we asked the question. "Do you have any effect on this world" It slid to yes. A few times during the contact the planchette would go to roaming as if he were losing concentration.

I know some people will think I am crazy as a loon, but, with GOD as my witness.....We asked him if he could blow on our candle. Yes folks, I know it sounds corny, but, it's true. We did asked him and he obliged. My wife still does not accept these types of events even though she has been there with me when some of them have happened. She believes. She will not admit it to anyone......

He blew 'at' the candle to my left. We both went bug eyed. The only candle movement thus far had been the movement that candles normally have under a 'no draft' condition. We coaxed him, we cheered him and he tried harder and harder. He tried to blow the candle out. People, that flame blew toward the CENTER of the board! The other candle was, who knows how, not affected!! We went slack jawed. We continued to press him and that candle flame laid down as smooth as it had been when it was standing up. Only the end of it flickered. Suddenly the flame stood back up and there was no response. We waited several seconds before the plancchette moved on its own. It began to dance a figure eight. I have been told that that is a sign of agitation the dead use on a OUIJA. Wifey quickly threw the planchette down and wiped the board with her hand.

That was the First, only, and last time my hands ever touched one of those boards. Later we told our friends about what we had done and they flipped. The female friend, you see, had done this same thing with my wife and some friends in college, and had similar but far more violent effects.

I gave the board to someone else.

Rob in KS

Aug 21, 2006
Middle of Kansas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

WOW, what great stories. I think these things happen a lot but people ignore or don't see.
I think your right about the glass insulator. Why didn't I think of that. We have found several
in that area.
Thanks for sharing
Rob

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250

Will Dig....great stories and I don't doubt you for a milli sec.

As for Ouija's and Levitation....Levitation does not scare me...but it can be weird.

In high school, back in...well, back then....my friends and I went over to this girls house. She was into what we thought was Black Magic and stuff of that nature. One day, she has someone lay on the floor on their back. She sits by the head of this person. One of us was at the feet and there were two of us on each side of the person. We were to take our index and middle finger from each hand and place it under the person. So, now you only have 24 fingers under this person.

She started telling this story, the one I remember is about being on a dark road (this is to get the person lying down to concentrate on the story)...you have an accident...blah blah blah...then when she says YOU ARE DEAD...we were to pick this person up with our fingers. OMG....We nearly dropped her!!! When we lifted her, her body felt as light as a feather...As the Good Lord is my Witness!!! I never did that again.

As for the Ouija Board...too many freaky and scarey things happened that I prefer not to repeat....guess afraid to bring back those evil spirits. Just know that one of my friends (appeared to be) possessed. Whether she was playing a joke on us, we will never know....but the way she was sweating and her eyes rolling and all kind of wierd things. That was the LAST TIME I ever used that board and will never allow one in my home!!! They are nasty horrible things!!!

Blind.In.Texas

Bronze Member
Sep 1, 2006
Lone Star State
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

OH I feel your fright.....My experience with the board, just one time, was enough to tell me that is possible for more things than I can understand to happen around us.

I have done the same thing with from friends when I was a teen with the levitation and all. I know EXACTLY what you mean! It worked! Afterward , and with no preparation, we had the same people in the same places do the same things......IT DID NOT WORK!!!!! Guess you must really tune that in....

I don't doubt what you say for a second either. Like I said, my wife told me about how their planchette spun in circles under their fingers and FLEW like a frisbee from the table and across the room. They would retrieve it and it would happen again. MY wife has been known to tease me, but, she would never lie to me.....to this day she sticks to her story.......

Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250

Ok, I'll pipe in here. This is a fun read! I've had several happenings in my long life and will share them if there's still anyone around. Here goes with #1.

My mom died in 1996, leaving the old homeplace to me. Hubby and I were empty-nesters, so we decided to move 2600 miles and "go home." It took us a year, but we made it. I still have many, many relatives in the area that we are mildly acquainted with. The homeplace is on five acres of lawn and field, and the house was built in the 1920s. Several people have peacefully passed away in the house over the years, including my mom, stepfather, aunt, and great-grandma, but we never felt anything untoward. Then…

One day a couple of weeks after we arrived, we were sitting outside at a table under the huge pecan trees transplanting some flowers. Beautiful day, sunny. All of a sudden I hear "someone" call my name. Loud. But it was the way it was said that dropped my jaw. "Brenda KAYE!!!" It had that little lilt to it that my mother always threw in when she said my whole name; much emphasis on the middle name.

I knew I had just heard my mother, who had died the year before, call out to me.

Welllll, I thought … no. Must have been someone else. Without saying a word, I got up and walked around the front of the house to the gravel driving area on the far side, thinking maybe one of my aunts had come over to visit. Nobody. I continued on around the back of the house and circled the whole area and returned to my seat at the table. Hubby looked at me and asked where I went. I told him I thought I heard something, but it turned out to be nothing. We went on back to planting our flowers and nothing else was said.

The next morning we were both in the old bathroom when a lamp in the room began to flicker on and off. We watched it for a few seconds, and I commented, "There's sure some strange things going on around here." Hubby answered: "You mean like yesterday when your mom called your name?"

I still get bumps thinking about that. I had never mentioned what I had heard to him. He had heard it himself!

I knew then I wasn't nuts.

But six months later I was reminded that "mom" was still around. I was at work in a local hospital and had gone to the cafeteria for a snack. Returning to my office, I passed by the nursery, which was always a stopping point to coo at and admire the babies. This time as I stood there, "someone" clearly once again called my name in that very distinctive manner. I knew without a doubt it was my mother --- she was wishing me a Happy Birthday, which it was, while I stood and watched the newborn babies.

It's been nine years and I haven't heard her since, but I know she's around.

Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250

#2.

I'm a genealogy buff. And my family has been in this part of Louisiana for centuries literally. One of my g-g-g-grandfathers (ever how many) was an Indian trader/trapper here in the late 1700s when the closest town was New Orleans. By the early to mid 1800s, other branches of the family had come across the pond and I haunt the cemeteries looking for old relatives.

One bright summer day I was between towns and pulled off the road to check out a local cemetery that I hadn't been to before. It's a rather small one built on a hill, surrounded by woods, with tall old oak trees and a circular gravel drive going all the way around it. I pulled in and was trying to decide which way to go, left or right, on the circular drive. Just then I spotted a man standing on the right side of the cemetery about at the mid-point uphill. He had his back right side to me, was dressed in black with a coat with long tails in the back. He was very tall and slender and held a black umbrella in his right hand. I couldn't see his head because of the umbrella.

I immediately swung the car to the left, not wanting to intrude on anyone else who may be "visiting" a loved one. I thought to myself I would just check out the left side of the cemetery first, giving the old man a chance to finish his visit. I did look to see if there were cars visible to me on the right side and maybe a funeral was being conducted, but I didn't see any, although I couldn't see the back side of the cemetery due to the hill. Just tucked it into my head that he must have his car back where I couldn't see it.

I drove very slowly around to the left and pulled off to the side by the woods when I got closer to the back. I was surprised not to see a car there. Seeing as how this cemetery is about a mile from the nearest dwelling, I got uneasy. So I very quietly got out of my car and began to walk up the hill toward the center of the cemetery. Reaching the top, I looked around, and except for a few blind spots caused by cedar bushes and such, I could see the entire cemetery, the whole driveway, and the entrance from the highway. Not a soul around. At least none that I could see! I walked in loops around the whole place and the only person there was me! Did I stay to check out dead relatives??? Not on your life!!! I was back in my car with my goose bumps in no time, and continued on around the circular drive and back to the highway and home.

It took me months to go back, and I've been back several times since and found my relatives, but I'll never forget that man in black. It was like I had stepped back in time to the 1800s and saw a mourner on a rainy day from long ago. I did check out the headstones in the area where I had seen him standing, and some go back to the late 1800s as well as newer ones. And there are also indentations where you can see the graves but there are no headstones. No way to tell who he was visiting.

Blind.In.Texas

Bronze Member
Sep 1, 2006
Lone Star State
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Jeez Noodle! you're giving me the creeps!!!! You must able to believe to be able to see, right??

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread